Blockchain Technology in Tourism: Applications and Possibilities
Languages of publication
The tourism industry is increasingly considered a critical part of the economy of many nations‚ contributing to economic development‚ employment‚ and personal well-being. To sustain the activities of the tourism industry‚ the use of ICT and new technologies gives rise to a connected generation of smart tourists. Remarkably‚ tourism has been technologically-driven since the use of the Internet as a means to support all the phases of the travel process‚ from pre-trip decision making to the post-trip recollection. Despite propelling a paradigm shift‚ existing technologies and legacy systems present several challenges that need be addressed in order to benefit tourism developments and ensure an immersive travel experience. In this paper‚ we study the emergence of Blockchain technology and its possibilities in the tourism industry. This foundational paradigm raises high expectations because it empowers trust-building and promotes more disintermediation‚ secure travel-related transactions‚ creative loyalty programs‚ traceable tourism products and activities‚ and reliable online travel reviews.
-  O. Moufakkir, I. Kelly, 14 Developing Reduction Strategy, CABI, 2015.
-  World Tourism Organization, UNWTO Highlights 2018 Edition, 2018. https://doi.org/10.18111/9789284419876
-  G.I. Crouch, Effect of income and price on international tourism. Annals of Tourism Research 19 (1992) 643–664.
-  J. Khadaroo, B. Seetanah, The role of transport infrastructure in international tourism development: A gravity model approach. Tourism Management 29 (2008) 831–840.
-  A. Graham, N. Dennis, The impact of low cost airline operations to Malta. Journal of Air Transport Management 16 (2010) 127–136. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2009.07.006
-  M. Pulina, I. Cortés-Jiménez, Have Low-Cost Carriers Influenced Tourism Demand and Supply? The Case of Alghero, Italy. Tourism Analysis 15 (2010) 617–635. https://doi.org/10.3727/108354210X12889831783350
-  R. Kozielski, Change in Business Paradigm, in: Understanding the New Business Paradigm in Eastern Europe: Lessons on Building a Successful Small Business, Emerald Publishing Limited, 2017.
-  A. Milman, A. Pizam, The role of awareness and familiarity with a destination: The central Florida case. Journal of Travel Research 33 (1995) 21–27.
-  I. Silver, Marketing authenticity in third world countries. Annals of Tourism Research 20 (1993) 302–318.
-  D. Lazer, D. Brewer, N. Christakis, J. Fowler, G. King, Life in the network: the coming age of computational social. Science 323 (2009) 721–723.
-  D. Wang, Z. Xiang, D.R. Fesenmaier, Smartphone use in everyday life and travel. Journal of Travel Research 55 (2016) 52–63.
-  Z. Xiang, D.R. Fesenmaier, Analytics in tourism design, in: Analytics in Smart Tourism Design, Springer, 2017: pp. 1–10.
-  J.C. Sweeney, G.N. Soutar, Consumer perceived value: The development of a multiple item scale. Journal of Retailing 77 (2001) 203–220.
-  M. Schuckert, X. Liu, R. Law, Insights into suspicious online ratings: direct evidence from TripAdvisor. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research 21 (2016) 259–272.
-  C. Dellarocas, Strategic manipulation of internet opinion forums: Implications for consumers and firms. Management Science 52 (2006) 1577–1593.
-  D. Mayzlin, Y. Dover, J. Chevalier, Promotional reviews: An empirical investigation of online review manipulation. American Economic Review 104 (2014) 2421–2455.
-  T. Lappas, Fake reviews: The malicious perspective, in: International Conference on Application of Natural Language to Information Systems, Springer, 2012: pp. 23–34.
-  M. Luca, G. Zervas, Fake it till you make it: Reputation, competition, and Yelp review fraud. Management Science 62 (2016) 3412–3427.
-  G. Gaskell, P. Tornese, J. Vila, Y. Gómez, A. Allen, G. Veltri, C. Codagnone, Behavioural study on the transparency of online platforms, (2018).
-  E.-P. Lim, V.-A. Nguyen, N. Jindal, B. Liu, H.W. Lauw, Detecting product review spammers using rating behaviors, in: Proceedings of the 19th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, ACM, 2010: pp. 939–948.
-  R. Sims, Food, place and authenticity: local food and the sustainable tourism experience. Journal of Sustainable Tourism 17 (2009) 321–336.
-  S.Y. Chen, The study of ROC’s inspection mechanisms for the food safety on national security, Master Thesis, National Chengchi University, 2015.
-  M. Grimaldi, Search for new surface active compounds of microbial origin in view of the development of biorestoration techniques, PhD Thesis, PhD Thesis. Florence University, Florence, Italy, 2013.
-  C. Mittendorf, What Trust means in the Sharing Economy: A provider perspective on Airbnb. com, in: Twenty-Second Americas Conference on Information Systems, San Diego, 2016.
-  E. Colombo, R. Baggio, Tourism distribution channels: Knowledge requirements, in: Knowledge Transfer to and within Tourism: Academic, Industry and Government Bridges, Emerald Publishing Limited, 2017: pp. 289–301.
-  PwC, 2017 Global Digital IQ Survey: Blockchain, (2017).
-  H. Treiblmaier, I. Önder, The Impact of Blockchain on the Tourism Industry: A Theory-Based Research Framework, in: Business Transformation through Blockchain, Springer, 2019: pp. 3–21.
-  H. Treiblmaier, The impact of the blockchain on the supply chain: A theory-based research framework and a call for action. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal 23 (2018) 545–559. https://doi.org/10.1108/SCM-01-2018-0029
-  A. Rejeb, E. Sűle, J.G. Keogh, Exploring new technologies in procurement. Transport & Logistics: The International Journal 18 (2018) 76–86.
-  K. Nam, C.S. Dutt, P. Chathoth, M.S. Khan, Blockchain technology for smart city and smart tourism: latest trends and challenges. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research (2019) 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1080/10941665.2019.1585376
-  G. Blossey, J. Eisenhardt, G. Hahn, Blockchain Technology in Supply Chain Management: An Application Perspective, in: Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2019.
-  A. Kaushik, A. Choudhary, C. Ektare, D. Thomas, S. Akram, Blockchain — Literature survey, in: 2017 2nd IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics, Information Communication Technology (RTEICT), 2017: pp. 2145–2148. https://doi.org/10.1109/RTEICT.2017.8256979
-  G.P. Dwyer, The economics of Bitcoin and similar private digital currencies, Journal of Financial Stability. 17 (2015) 81–91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfs.2014.11.006
-  T.O. Serzhanovich, Blockchain as the basis of digital economy, Наука и Образование Сегодня. (2018).
-  M. Swan, Blockchain Blueprint for a New Economy, O’Reilly Media, Inc., 2015.
-  M. Iansiti, K.R. Lakhani, The truth about blockchain. Harvard Business Review 95 (2017) 118–127.
-  A. Kumar, R. Liu, Z. Shan, Is Blockchain a Silver Bullet for Supply Chain Management? Technical Challenges and Research Opportunities. Decision Sciences 0 (2019) 1–30. https://doi.org/10.1111/deci.12396
-  V.L. Lemieux, Trusting records: is Blockchain technology the answer?, Records Management Journal 26 (2016) 110–139. https://doi.org/10.1108/RMJ-12-2015-0042
-  H.-N. Dai, Z. Zheng, Y. Zhang, Blockchain for Internet of Things: A Survey, ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1906.00245. (2019).
-  H. Treiblmaier, Toward More Rigorous Blockchain Research: Recommendations for Writing Blockchain Case Studies, Front. Blockchain 2 (2019) 1–15. https://doi.org/10.3389/fbloc.2019.00003.
-  P. Asprion, P. Hübner, P. Moriggl, Towards a Distributed Ledger System for Supply Chains, in: Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2019.
-  A.B. Tran, X. Xu, I. Weber, M. Staples, P. Rimba, Regerator: a Registry Generator for Blockchain, in: CAiSE-Forum-DC, 2017: pp. 81–88.
-  X. Xu, Q. Lu, Y. Liu, L. Zhu, H. Yao, A.V. Vasilakos, Designing blockchain-based applications a case study for imported product traceability. Future Generation Computer Systems 92 (2019) 399–406. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2018.10.010.
-  S. Bano, A. Sonnino, M. Al-Bassam, S. Azouvi, P. McCorry, S. Meiklejohn, G. Danezis, Consensus in the age of blockchains, (2017). https://arxiv.org/pdf/1711.03936.pdf.
-  V. Buterin, On Public and Private Blockchains. (2019).
-  Q. Lu, X. Xu, Adaptable blockchain-based systems: A case study for product traceability, IEEE Software 34 (2017) 21–27.
-  I. Bashir, Mastering Blockchain, Packt Publishing - ebooks Account, 2017.
-  D. Dujak, D. Sajter, Blockchain Applications in Supply Chain, SMART Supply Network (2019) 21–46. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91668-2.
-  D. Yermack, Chapter 2 – Is Bitcoin a Real Currency? An Economic Appraisal, in: Handbook of Digital Currency 2015: pp. 31–43. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-802117-0.00002-3.
-  B. Doolin, L. Burgess, J. Cooper, Evaluating the use of the Web for tourism marketing: a case study from New Zealand. Tourism Management 23 (2002) 557–561.
-  L. Burgess, B. Parish, C. Alcock, To what extent are regional tourism organisations (RTOs) in Australia leveraging the benefits of web technology for destination marketing and eCommerce? Electronic Commerce Research 11 (2011) 341–355.
-  A. Poon, Tourism and information technologies. Annals of Tourism Research 15 (1988) 531–549.
-  Y. Cho, D.R. Fesenmaier, A new paradigm for tourism and electronic commerce: Experience marketing using the virtual tour, in: Tourism Distribution Channels: Practices, Issues and Transformation, Continuum, London and NY, 2001: pp. 351–370.
-  C.M. Hall, S. Page, The contribution of Neil Leiper to tourism studies. Current Issues in Tourism 13 (2010) 299–309.
-  F. Gezici, Sürdürülebilir bölgesel kalkınma amacında turizm eylemlerinin etkisi: Türkiye üzerine karşılaştırmalı bir araştırma, PhD Thesis, Fen Bilimleri Enstitüsü, 1998.
-  D. Moth, Expedia launches crowdsourced deals, Econsultancy. (2019).
-  K.-H. Yoo, M. Sigala, U. Gretzel, Exploring TripAdvisor, in: Open Tourism, Springer, 2016: pp. 239–255.
-  S. Selin, Developing a typology of sustainable tourism partnerships. Journal of Sustainable Tourism 7 (1999) 260–273.
-  S.J. Carson, A. Madhok, R. Varman, G. John, Information processing moderators of the effectiveness of trust-based governance in interfirm R&D collaboration. Organization Science 14 (2003) 45–56.
-  E. Kahle, Implications of “new economy” traits for the tourism industry. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism 3 (2002) 5–23.
-  C. Offe, How can we trust our fellow citizens. Democracy and Trust 52 (1999) 42–87.
-  B.M. Noone, K.A. McGuire, K.V. Rohlfs, Social media meets hotel revenue management: Opportunities, issues and unanswered questions. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management 10 (2011) 293–305.
-  M. Bødker, A.M. Munar, New territories in information technologies and tourism research, in: The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Tourism, 2014: pp. 262–274.
-  D. Buhalis, Strategic use of information technologies in the tourism industry. Tourism Management 19 (1998) 409–421.
-  D. Buhalis, eTourism: Information technology for strategic tourism management, Pearson Education, 2003.
-  Y. Stamboulis, P. Skayannis, Innovation strategies and technology for experience-based tourism. Tourism Management 24 (2003) 35–43.
-  R.W. McIntosh, C.R. Goeldner, J.B. Ritchie, Tourism: principles, practices, philosophies. John Wiley and Sons, 1995.
-  V. Filimonau, J. Dickinson, T. Cherrett, N. Davies, S. Norgate, C. Speed, Rethinking travel networks: mobile media and collaborative travel in the tourism domain, in: Universities Transport Studies Group Conference Proceedings, 2013.
-  F. Wang, M. Head, How can the web help build customer relationships? : an empirical study on e-tailing. Information & Management 44 (2007) 115–129.
-  A. Khare, A. Khare, Travel and tourism industry yet to exploit the Internet fully in India. Journal of Database Marketing & Customer Strategy Management 17 (2010) 106–119.
-  C. Van Slyke, C.L. Comunale, F. Belanger, Gender differences in perceptions of web-based shopping, Association for Computing Machinery. Communications of the ACM 45 (2002) 82–82.
-  E.D. Zamani, G.M. Giaglis, With a little help from the miners: distributed ledger technology and market disintermediation, Industrial Management & Data Systems 118 (2018) 637–652.
-  H. Xin, A.A. Techatassanasoontorn, F.B. Tan, Antecedents of consumer trust in mobile payment adoption. Journal of Computer Information Systems 55 (2015) 1–10.
-  J.L. Adams, Interrogating the equity principle: The rhetoric and reality of management planning for sustainable archaeological heritage tourism. Journal of Heritage Tourism 5 (2010) 103–123.
-  N.F. Granados, A. Gupta, R.J. Kauffman, The impact of IT on market information and transparency: A unified theoretical framework, Journal of the Association for Information Systems 7 (2006) 7.
-  R. Bova, How Could Blockchain Transform the Way We Travel? Travel Chain CEO Explains, Coin Telegraph: The Future of Money. (2019).
-  Winding Tree, Winding Tree Open source infrastructure for travel inventory distribution, Winding Tree - Decentralized Travel Ecosystem. (2019).
-  I.P. Tussyadiah, D.R. Fesenmaier, Interpreting Tourist Experiences from First-Person Stories: A Foundation for Mobile Guides, in: ECIS, 2007: pp. 2259–2270.
-  I.P. Tussyadiah, D.R. Fesenmaier, Mediating tourist experiences: Access to places via shared videos. Annals of Tourism Research 36 (2009) 24–40.
-  M. Sigala, E-service quality and Web 2.0: expanding quality models to include customer participation and inter-customer support. The Service Industries Journal 29 (2009) 1341–1358.
-  M. Schlegel, L. Zavolokina, G. Schwabe, Blockchain Technologies from the Consumers’ Perspective: What Is There and Why Should Who Care? in: Proceedings of the 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2018: pp. 3477–3486.
-  A. Poon, Tourism, technology and competitive strategies, CAB international, 1993.
-  L. Walker, S. Page, Risks, rights and responsibilities in tourist well-being: who should manage visitor well-being at the destination, Managing Tourist Health and Safety in the New Millennium. (2003) 215–235.
-  L.K. Singh, Fundamental of tourism and travel, Gyan Publishing House, 2008.
-  H. Stančić, A. Babić, N. Bonić, M. Kutleša, I. Volarević, V. Bralić, A. Lendić, I. Slade-Šilović, Blockchain Technology for Record Keeping: Help or Hype?, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, 2016.
-  B. Stonehouse, J. Snyder, Polar tourism: an environmental perspective, Channel View Publications, 2010.
-  World Travel Market, World Travel Market Global Trends Report, WTM London, 2015.
-  L. Dwyer, International handbook on the economics of tourism, Edward Elgar Publishing, 2007.
-  A. Rubinstein, A. Wolinsky, Middlemen. The Quarterly Journal of Economics 102 (1987) 581–593.
-  F. Hasse, A. von Perfall, T. Hillebrand, E. Smole, L. Lay, M. Charlet, Blockchain – an opportunity for energy producers and consumers, PwC 2016.
-  E. Martin-Fuentes, J.P. Mellinas, Hotels that most rely on Booking. com–online travel agencies (OTAs) and hotel distribution channels. Tourism Review 73 (2018) 465–479.
-  F. Fallon, From China to Indonesia: Adapting to Changing Markets, Elsevier, London, 2008.
-  J. Kracht, Y. Wang, Examining the tourism distribution channel: evolution and transformation. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 22 (2010) 736–757.
-  S. Mehta, Strategic implications of an emerging cashless society in the US. Electronic Markets 9 (1999) 93–103.
-  S. Underwood, Blockchain beyond bitcoin. Communications of the ACM 59 (2016) 15–17.
-  A. Kolsaker, C. Payne, Engendering trust in e-commerce: a study of gender-based concerns. Marketing Intelligence & Planning 20 (2002) 206–214.
-  C. Liu, J.T. Marchewka, J. Lu, C.-S. Yu, Beyond concern—a privacy-trust-behavioural intention model of electronic commerce. Information & Management 42 (2005) 289–304.
-  K. Helms, Bitcoin Adoption in Thailand Led by Tourism Industry, (2018).
-  TripEcoSys, TripEcoSys - World’s largest decentralized travel & tourism ecosystem powered by Ethereum Blockchain (2018).
-  TravelFlex, TravelFlex - Decentralized Social Travel Network & Payment System.
-  S. Ben Aissa, M. Goaied, Performance of tourism destinations: Evidence from Tunisia. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research 41 (2017) 797–822.
-  D. Kowalewski, J. McLaughlin, A. Hill, Blockchain will transform customer loyalty programs, Harvard Business Review. 14 (2017).
-  T.D. Smith, The blockchain litmus test, in: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data), IEEE, 2017: pp. 2299–2308.
-  A.H. Mak, M. Lumbers, A. Eves, Globalisation and food consumption in tourism. Annals of Tourism Research 39 (2012) 171–196.
-  G. Baralla, S. Ibba, M. Marchesi, R. Tonelli, S. Missineo, A Blockchain Based System to Ensure Transparency and Reliability in Food Supply Chain, in: European Conference on Parallel Processing, Springer, 2018: pp. 379–391.
-  J.F. Galvez, J.C. Mejuto, J. Simal-Gandara, Future challenges on the use of blockchain for food traceability analysis, TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry. (2018). https://doi.org/10.1016/J.TRAC.2018.08.011.
-  I. Yeoman, Tomorrow’s tourist: scenarios & trends, Routledge, 2009.
-  W. Verbeke, R.W. Ward, Consumer interest in information cues denoting quality, traceability and origin: An application of ordered probit models to beef labels. Food Quality and Preference 17 (2006) 453–467.
-  M.T. Batte, N.H. Hooker, T.C. Haab, J. Beaverson, Putting their money where their mouths are: Consumer willingness to pay for multi-ingredient, processed organic food products. Food Policy 32 (2007) 145–159.
-  D. Skuras, A. Vakrou, Consumers’ willingness to pay for origin labelled wine: a Greek case study. British Food Journal 104 (2002) 898–912.
-  R.C. Williams, Prospects for blockchain-based settlement frameworks as a resolution to the threat of de-risking to Caribbean financial systems, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), Santiago, Chile, 2017.
-  M. Schumacher, Trust in Tourism via Blockchain Technology: Results from a Systematic, in: Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2019: Proceedings of the International Conference in Nicosia, Cyprus, January 30–February 1, 2019, Springer, 2018: p. 304.
-  A. Ali, A.J. Frew, Information and communication technologies for sustainable tourism, Routledge, 2013.
-  A. Wilbers, Current developments in the business travel sector, in: Trends and Issues in Global Tourism 2009, Springer, 2009: pp. 217–227.
-  K. Noyes, For the airline industry, big data is cleared for take-off, Fortune. (2014).
-  A. Dickinger, J. Mazanec, Consumers’ Preferred Criteria for Hotel Online Booking, in: P. O’Connor, W. Höpken, U. Gretzel (Eds.), Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2008, Springer Vienna, 2008: pp. 244–254.
-  U. Gretzel, K.H. Yoo, M. Purifoy, Online travel review study: Role and impact of online travel reviews, 2007.
-  P. Racherla, W. Friske, Perceived ‘usefulness’ of online consumer reviews: An exploratory investigation across three services categories. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 11 (2012) 548–559. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2012.06.003.
-  N. Korfiatis, E. García-Bariocanal, S. Sánchez-Alonso, Evaluating content quality and helpfulness of online product reviews: The interplay of review helpfulness vs. review content. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications 11 (2012) 205–217. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2011.10.003.
-  S. Park, J.L. Nicolau, Asymmetric effects of online consumer reviews. Annals of Tourism Research 50 (2015) 67–83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2014.10.007.
-  K.-H. Yoo, U. Gretzel, Comparison of Deceptive and Truthful Travel Reviews, in: Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2009, Springer Vienna, 2009: pp. 37–47.
-  I. Önder, H. Treiblmaier, Blockchain and tourism: Three research propositions. Annals of Tourism Research 72 (2018) 180–182.
-  Futourist, FUTOURIST - First video-oriented travel review platform, Futourist Travel Reviews - Travel, Review, Get Paid. (2019).
-  QashBack, Press Release: QashBack to Launch Southeast Asia’s First Blockchain-Powered Reputation Management & Permission-Based Marketing Platform in 2019, (2019).
-  A.I. Ozdemir, I.M. Ar, I. Erol, Assessment of blockchain applications in travel and tourism industry. Qual Quant. (2019) 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11135-019-00901-w
-  S.F. Schubert, J.G. Brida, Dynamic Model of Economic Growth in a Small Tourism Driven Economy, in: Á. Matias, P. Nijkamp, M. Sarmento (Eds.), Tourism Economics: Impact Analysis, Physica-Verlag HD, Heidelberg, 2011: pp. 149–168. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7908-2725-5_10
-  E.B. Zoomers, Following financial tourism flows: Linking leakages to multipliers in Tarabuco, Bolivia, Master’s Thesis, 2010.
-  A. Pleumarom, The politics of tourism and poverty reduction, Responsible Tourism: Concepts, Theory and Practice. (2012) 179.
-  W. Anderson, Leakages in the tourism systems: case of Zanzibar. Tourism Review 68 (2013) 62–76. https://doi.org/10.1108/16605371311310084
-  R. Baggio, The Strategic Role of Knowledge in the Management of Tourism Destination Organisations, WTO–Themis Foundation/University of Catalunya. (2004) 1–7.
-  H. Werthner, S. Klein, Information technology and tourism: a challenging relationship. Information Technology and Tourism: A Challenging Relationship. (1999).
-  G. Candela, P. Figini, The Information and Communication Technology and the Tourism Sector, in: G. Candela, P. Figini (Eds.), The Economics of Tourism Destinations, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2012: pp. 399–424. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-20874-4_12
-  V. Garkavenko, S. Milne, ICT and the Travel Industry: Opportunities and Challenges for New Zealand Travel Agents, in: Information Communication Technologies: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications, 2008: pp. 2898–2916.
-  C. Chen, Identifying significant factors influencing consumer trust in an online travel site. Information Technology and Tourism 8 (2006) 197–214.
-  Y. Kamarulzaman, Adoption of travel e‐shopping in the UK. Intl J of Retail & Distrib Mgt. 35 (2007) 703–719. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590550710773255
-  J.E. Mills, J.A. Ismail, W.B. Werner, K. Hackshaw, Cyber crimes and the travel and tourism consumer., in: Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2002: Proceedings of the International Conference in Innsbruck, Austria, 2002, Springer-Verlag Wien, 2002: pp. 197–206.
-  Y. Kim, M. Cho, H. Han, Testing the model of hotel chain frequency program members’ loyalty intentions. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research 19 (2014) 35–60.
-  S. Buiatti, Food and tourism: the role of the “Slow Food” association, in: Food, Agri-Culture and Tourism, Springer, 2011: pp. 92–101.
-  C. Malandri, M. Briccoli, L. Mantecchini, F. Paganelli, A Discrete Event Simulation Model for Inbound Baggage Handling. Transportation Research Procedia 35 (2018) 295–304. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2018.12.008
-  F. Koenig, P.A. Found, M. Kumar, Condition monitoring for airport baggage handling in the era of industry 4.0. J of Qual in Maintenance Eng. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1108/JQME-03-2018-0014
-  S. Banerjee, A.Y.K. Chua, Understanding the process of writing fake online reviews, in: Ninth International Conference on Digital Information Management (ICDIM 2014), 2014: pp. 68–73. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICDIM.2014.6991395
-  A. Morvillo, M.I. Simeon, I. Velecco, Information and communication technologies supporting destination management: a multimedia application, in: Tourism Local Systems and Networking, Routledge, 2006: p. 169.
-  L. Plant, Implications of open source blockchain for increasing efficiency and transparency of the digital content supply chain in the Australian telecommunications and media industry. Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy 5 (2017) 15–29.
-  C.K. Prahalad, V. Ramaswamy, Co-creation experiences: The next practice in value creation. Journal of Interactive Marketing 18 (2004) 5–14. https://doi.org/10.1002/dir.20015
-  M.C. Buzzi, M. Buzzi, B. Leporini, C. Senette, Electronic Commerce “in the dark,” in: F.V. Cipolla Ficarra, C. de Castro Lozano, E. Nicol, A. Kratky, M. Cipolla-Ficarra (Eds.), Human-Computer Interaction, Tourism and Cultural Heritage, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2011: pp. 12–22.
-  K. Wolfe, C.H.C. Hsu, S.K. Kang, Buyer Characteristics Among Users of Various Travel Intermediaries. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing 17 (2004) 51–62. https://doi.org/10.1300/J073v17n02_05
-  WTCF, Report on World Tourism Economy Trends (2018) Excerpt - 9 Blockchain reshapes the payment system, credit system and service system of tourism industry, 2018.
-  S.A. Abeyratne, R.P. Monfared, Blockchain Ready Manufacturing Supply Chain Using Distributed Ledger. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology 5 (2016) 1–10. https://doi.org/10.15623/ijret.2016.0509001
-  B. Okumus, F. Okumus, B. McKercher, Incorporating local and international cuisines in the marketing of tourism destinations: The cases of Hong Kong and Turkey. Tourism Management 28 (2007) 253–261. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2005.12.020
Publication order reference