Investigating the English role in the March 3, 1921 coup d'état
Languages of publication
The Iranian strategic situation has always received the attention of foreign powers including England, Russia and America and these powers; in order to reach their goals in the Middle East have always striven to utilize this situation. This research seeks to answer the question of how the English state interfered in and performed the March 3, 1921 coup d'état. The English failure in implementing the 1919 Treaty was considered a beginning for the devising the March 3, 1921 coup d'état. From the beginning of the March 3, 1921 coup d'état and after that, the English government intended for a strong government in Iran so to carry out the 1919 Treaty in another form in direction of its own benefits in Iran. This research has been conducted based on documents and evidence and via utilization of descriptive-comparative methods. The findings reveal that the main goal of the English government for endorsing the March 3, 1921 coup d'état was to establish an authoritative and centralized state and create a security belt for preventing the influence of Communism into Iran.
-  Bahar, Malak al-Shoara. (2007). Brief history of Iranian political parties, Vol. 1, Seventh edition. Tehran: Amir Kabir publication.
-  Ghani, S. (2008). Iran: Rise of Reza Khan, fall of Qajar and role of the English, Tr. Hasan Kamshad, First edition. Tehran: Niloofar publication.
-  Grantosky, M. (1980). Iran's history from ancient times to today. Tehran: Poyesh publication.
-  Ironside, E. (1984). Memories and travel journal of Ironside to Iran appendixes with political correspondence of the foreign ministry of England, Tr. by Behrooz Ghazvini, Second edition. Tehran: Ayene publication.
-  Jami, M. (1999). The past is the way forward, History of Iran in the interval between two coups, sixth edition. Tehran: Ghoghnos publication.
-  Maki, H. (1979). The 20 year old history of Iran, vol 1, first edition. Tehran: Amir Kabir publication.
-  Rahmanian, D. (2012). Iran between two coups (history of political, social economic and cultural developments of Iran from the decline of Ghajari era to the 28th July Coup), First edition. Tehran: SAMT publication.
-  Shamim, A. A. (2008). Iran during the Qajar reign. Vol, 1, first edition. Tehran: Behzad publication.
-  Sheikh Al-Eslami, J. (1988). Murder of Atabak and sixteen research papers, First edition. Tehran: Keihan publication.
-  Taghavi, S. M. (2004). Reflection on the March 3, 1921 coup d'état, Iranian contemporary history 8(2): 5-25.
-  Wright, D. (2007). Iranians among the English. Tr, by late Karim Emami, First edition. Tehran: Farzan publication.
Publication order reference