Acoustic cylindrical cloak
Languages of publication
Using the analogy between anisotropic acoustic metamaterials with magnetic metamaterials in transverse magnetic mode, an electromagnetic wave of 2 GHz n transverse magnetic mode, at normal incidence propagating through a two dimensional, anisotropic, semi infinite, double negative, metamaterial slab of 800 × 800 cells, embedded in free space, for the ideal loss case was simulated by a radially dependent finite difference time dependent method to study an ideal acoustic cylindrical cloak. For the simulations multiple cycle m-n-m pulses generating Gaussian beams were used as sinusoidal hard line sources. The simulations for acoustic cylindrical cloaking by a reduced parameter model and a higher order parameter model are also presented. The cloaking behaviour is largely dependent upon the transformation and not on the thickness of the cloak. The radial dependent model and the higher order transformation model are suited for acoustic cloaking.
-  L. Kelders, J. F. Allard , W. Lauriks, “Ultrasonic surface waves above rectangular-groove grating”, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. vol. 103, pp. 2730-2733, 1998.
-  S. A. Cummer, D.Schurig, “One path to acoustic cloaking”, New J. Phys., vol. 9 pp. 45-, 2007.
-  D.Torrent, J. S. Dehesa, “Acoustic cloaking in two dimensions”, New J. Phys., vol.10, p. 063015, 2008.
-  S. Zhang, 2010. “Acoustic Metamaterial Design and Applications”, Ph.D. dissertation, Mech. Eng., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, 2005.
-  A. Taflove and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-Difference Time-Domain Method. Norwood, MA: Artech House, 2005.
-  M. Rahm, D. Schurig, D. A. Roberts, S. A. Cummer, D. R. Smith, J. B. Pendry, “Design of electromagnetic cloaks and concentrators using form-invariant coordinate transformations of Maxwell’s equations”, Photonics and Nanostructures - Fundamentals and applications, vol. 6, pp. 87-95, 2008.
-  M. Mishrikey, “Analysis and Design of Metamaterials”, Ph.D. dissertation, Swiss Fed. Inst. Tech., Zurich, 2010.
-  A. Dawood, “Finite Difference Time–Domain Modelling of Metamaterials: GPU Implementation of Cylindrical Cloak”, Advanced Electromagnetics, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 10-17, 2013.
-  W. Cai, U. K. Chettiar, A. V. Kildishev, V. M. Shalaev, G. W. Milton, “Nonmagnetic cloak with minimized scattering”, App. Phys. Let. vol. 91, pp. 111105-111107, 2007.
-  Simulation of isotropic acoustic metamaterials, S.M. Premarathna, K.A.I.L. Wijewardena Gamalath, Int. Let. Chem. Phys. and Astro. (ILCPA) vol. 65, pp. 43-52, 2016.
-  V. E. Elander, “Mathematical modeling of metamaterials”, Ph.D. dissertation, Mathematical sciences, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2011.
Publication order reference