Cross- section and material optimization of an automotive chassis using FEA
Languages of publication
The objective of this project is to seek out best material and most fitted cross-section for an Eicher E2 Truck ladder chassis with the constraints of most shear stress, equivalent stress and deflection of the chassis under maximum load condition. In present the Ladder chassis that are uses for creating buses and trucks are C and that I cross section sort, that area unit product of Steel alloy (Austenitic). In Asian country variety of passengers travel within the bus isn't uniform, excess passengers area unit movement within the buses daily as a result of that there are unit forever prospects of being failure/fracture within the chassis/frame. So Chassis with high strength cross section is required to attenuate the failures together with issue of safety in design. Within the present work, we have taken higher strength because the main issue, that the dimensions of an existing vehicle chassis of an Eicher E2 (Model no.11.10) Truck is taken for analysis with materials specifically ASTM A710 Steel, ASTM A302 steel and metal Alloy 6063-T6 subjected to constant load. Vehicle chassis are modelled by considering two different cross-sections specifically C and Rectangular Box (Hollow) sort cross sections.
-  Nor, Mohd Azizi Muhammad, et al. Stress analysis of a low loader chassis. Procedia Engineering 41 (2012) 995-1001.
-  Mat, Mohd Hanif, and Amir Radzi Ab Ghani. Design and analysis of ‘Eco’car chassis. Procedia Engineering 41 (2012) 1756-1760.
-  Beaumont, Pauline, et al. Accelerated fatigue test for automotive chassis parts design: An overview. Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS), 2012 Proceedings-Annual. IEEE, 2012.
-  Veloso, V., et al. Failure investigation and stress analysis of a longitudinal stringer of an automobile chassis. Engineering Failure Analysis 16.5 (2009) 1696-1702.
-  Feng, Wang, and Wu Yong-Hai. Fatigue life analysis of a new semi-trailer frame based on FEA method. Computer-Aided Industrial Design & Conceptual Design (CAIDCD), 2010 IEEE 11th International Conference on. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2010.
-  Kurdi, Ojo, Roslan Abd Rahman, and Mohd Nasir Tamin. Stress analysis of heavy duty truck chassis using finite element method. 2nd Regional Conference on Vehicle Engineering & Technology, 2008.
-  Ingole, N. K., and D. V. Bhope. Stress analysis of tractor trailer chassis for self-weight reduction. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology 3.9 (2011).
Publication order reference