Municipal waste management system in Poland - analysis of changes in 2012-2016
Languages of publication
The following study deals with the subject of municipal waste management, rules of conduct, good practices in reducing waste in the environment and the manner of their proper disposal. The study includes adopted principles of waste management in Poland, and the responsibilities of municipalities in this area, as the entity responsible for their proper disposal. The study also concerns the analysis of changes in the waste management system in Poland in 2012-2016 resulting from the introduced system of law in this area.
-  Scheinberg, A., Wilson, D. C., & Rodic, L. (2010). Solid Waste Management in the World’s Cities: Water and Sanitation in the World’s Cities, 2010 edition. Prepared on behalf of UN-Habitat. London: Earthscan. p. 228
-  Yukalang, N., Clarke, B., & Ross, K. (2018). Solid waste management solutions for a rapidly urbanizing area in Thailand: recommendations based on stakeholder input. International journal of environmental research and public health, 15(7), 1302
-  Abdel-Shafy, H. I., & Mansour, M. S. (2018). Solid waste issue: Sources, composition, disposal, recycling, and valorization. Egyptian journal of petroleum 1275-1290
-  Brown, C., Milke, M., & Seville, E. (2011). Disaster waste management: A review article. Waste management, 31(6), 1085-1098
-  Elagroudy, S., Warith, M. A., & El Zayat, M. (2016). Municipal solid waste management and green economy. Global Young Academy p. 10-15
-  Alwaeli, M. (2015). An overview of municipal solid waste management in Poland. The current situation, problems and challenges. Environment Protection Engineering, 41(4), 184-185
-  Chang, N. B. (2015). Sustainable solid waste management: a systems engineering approach. John Wiley & Sons. p. 7-8.
-  Pires, A., Martinho, G., & Chang, N. B. (2011). Solid waste management in European countries: A review of systems analysis techniques. Journal of environmental management, 92(4), 1033-1050
-  Rakoczy, B. (2014). Organisation of municipal waste management in Polish law. Polish Yearbook of Environmental Law, (4), 57-69
-  Gharfalkar, M., Court, R., Campbell, C., Ali, Z., & Hillier, G. (2015). Analysis of waste hierarchy in the European waste directive 2008/98/EC. Waste management, 39, 305-313
-  Costa, I., Massard, G., & Agarwal, A. (2010). Waste management policies for industrial symbiosis development: case studies in European countries. Journal of Cleaner Production, 18(8), 815-822
-  Saarela, J. Waste management policies in Finland and Poland–towards a recycling society. Systemy Wspomagania w Inżynierii Produkcji 5 (17) (2016): 229-236
-  Ulfik, A., & Nowak, S. (2014). Determinants of Municipal Waste Management in Sustainable Development of Regions in Poland. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 23(3).
-  Kulczycka, J., & Kowalski, Z. (2008). Principles of municipal waste management in Poland and selected regions of Europe. Polish Journal of Chemical Technology, 10(4), 28-33.
-  Macias, A., & Piniarski, W. (2016). Municipal Solid Waste Management Problems on a Local Scale: A Case Study from Rural Poland. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 25(4).
-  Przydatek, G. (2016). A Comparative Analysis of Municipal Waste Management Systems. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 25(5).
Publication order reference