Characteristics of the trophic status, vulnerability to degradation, habitat conditions ichthyofauna and bioconcentration factors of lakes in the Barlinek-Gorzów Landscape Park
Languages of publication
Urbanization is the cause of many changes which are taking place in the environment, including those found in the catchment. With this in mind, it is an important issue to properly protect water reservoirs and also take action to counter the adverse effects of human activities on the natural environment, including water bodies. To address the increasing degradation of surface waters in the European Union, the approach to the evaluation and protection of water resources was changed. This approach was formulated in the European Union Water Framework Directive (2000/60/EC), which calls for the protection of water, as well as an environment-friendly and comprehensive approach to water assessment. Herein, the ecological status of surface waters and groundwater is assessed on the basis of the ecological potential of the biological, physico-chemical and hydromorphological indicators.
-  Baldwin D. H., Sandahl J. F., Labenia J. S., Scholz N. L. 2003. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 22(10), 2266-2274.
-  Dodds W.K., Jones J.R., Welch E.B. 1998. Suggested classification of stream trophic state: distributions of temperate stream types by chlorophyll, total nitrogen, and phosphorus. Water Research, 32: 1455-1462.
-  Kajak Z., Zdanowski B. 1983. Ecological characteristics of lakes in north-eastern Poland versus their trophic gradient. Part I. Ekol. Pol. 31 (2): 239-256.
-  Kalff J. 2002. Limnology. Prentice Hall Ltd., New Jersey: 1-592.
-  Van den Bring P., J., Crum S., J., H., Gylstra R., Bransen F., Cuppen J.,G.,M., Brock T.,C.,M., 2009. Effects of a herbicide–insecticide mixture in freshwater microcosms: Risk assessment and ecological effect chain. Environmental Pollution, 157, 237-249.
-  Vollenweider R. A. 1968. Scientific fundamentals of the eutrophication of lakes and flowing waters, with particular reference to nitrogen and phosphorus as factors in eutrophication. DAS/CSIO/68.27, OECD, Paris:192.
-  Vollenweider R. A. 1971. Scientific fundamentals of the eutrophication of lakes and following waters, with particular reference to nitrogen and phosphorous as factors in eutrophication. OECD. Environment Directorate, Paris 27: 1-61.
-  Vollenweider R. A. 1989. Global problems of eutrophication and its control. Symp. Biol. Hung. 38: 19-41.
-  Vollenweider R.A. 1976. Advances in defining critical loading level for phosphorus in lake eutrophication. Memorie dell’ Istytuto Italiano di Idrobiologia. 33 pp. 53-83.
-  Walker W. 1979. Use of hypolimnetic oxygen depletion as a trophic index for lakes. Water Resour. Res. 15 (6): 1463-1470.
-  Alphandery P., Fortier A. (2001). Can a territorial Policy be based on science alone? The system for creating the Nature 2000 Network in France. Sociologia Ruralis 41(3): 311-328.
-  Apostolopoulou E., Pantis J. D. (2009). Conceptual gaps in the national strategy for the implementation of the European Natura 2000 conservation policy in Greece. Biological Conservation 142(1): 221-237.
-  Beaufoy G. (1998). The EU Habitats Directive in Spain: can it contribute effectively to the conservation of extensive agroecosystems? Journal of Applied Ecology 35: 974-978
-  Bell S., Marzano M., Cent J., Kobierska H., Podjed D., Vandzinskaite D., Reinert H., Armaitiene A., Grodzinska-Jurczak M., Mursic R. (2008). What counts? Volunteers and their organisations in the recording and monitoring of biodiversity. Biodiversity and Conservation 17(14): 3443-3454.
-  Beunen R. (2006). European nature conservation legislation and spatial planning: for better Or for worse? Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 49(4): 605-619.
-  Daniels S. E., Walker G. B. (1997). Foundations of natural resource conflict. In: Solberg B., Miina S (eds) Proceedings of the international conference on conflict management and public participation in land management, Joensuu, Finland, 17-19 June 1996. EFI Proceedings, Vol. 14, pp. 13-36
-  Dimitrakopoulos P. G., Memtsas D., Troumbis A. Y. (2004). Questioning the effectiveness of the Natura 2000 Species Areas of Conservation strategy: the case of Crete. Global Ecology and Biogeography 13: 199-207.
-  Grodzińska-Jurczak M. (2008). Rethinking of nature conservation policy in Poland—the need of human dimension approach. Human Dimensions of Wildlife 13: 5–7
-  Harwood J. (2000). Risk assessment and decision analysis in conservation. Biological Conservation 95: 219-226.
-  El-Bouri, K. et al. (2012). Comparison of bacterial identification by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and conventional diagnostic microbiology methods: agreement, speed and cost implications. British Journal of Biomedical Science, Vol. 69, pp. 47-55.
-  Biswas, S. & Rolain, J.-M. (2013). Use of MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry for identification of bacteria that are difficult to culture. Journal of Microbiological Methods, Vol. 92, pp. 14-24.
-  Ziegler, D. et al. (2012). In Situ Identification of Plant-Invasive Bacteria with MALDITOF Mass Spectrometry. PLoS ONE, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0037189.
-  Wahl, K.L. et al. (2002). Analysis of Microbial Mixtures by Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 74, pp. 6191-6199.
-  Zongmin Du, Ruifu Yang, Zhaobiao Guo, Yajun Song, and Jin Wang (2002). Identification of Staphylococcus aureus and determination of its methicillin resistance by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization timeof-flight mass spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry, Vol. 74, pp. 5487-5491.
Publication order reference