Investigation of structural, optical and antibacterial effect of copper nanoparticles synthesis by photoreduction
Languages of publication
The copper nanoparticles films has been prepared via the reduction of copper salts CuSO4•5H2O by UV-lamps. The irradiation time changed from 15 min. to one hour effects on the morphology of dispersed copper nanoparticles were studied. The structure properties of the films were determined by X-ray diffraction, the change on the surface morphology was observed using atomic force microscope (AFM). Finally, The optical transmission of thin films was measured by UV-VIS spectrometer, during the preparation of observed that the color of dispersion gradually changed from blue coloration, brown finally dark brown by changing with irradiation time .As well as studies the biochemical and antibacterial effect of nano colloid studying by using Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacillus subtitis, Escherichia coli and Klebsiella phenmoniae. The copper nanoparticles is increasing its antibacterial activities. Actions of copper nanoparticles synthesized in both above method was also observed against both gram (-) and gram (+) bacteria.
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, College of Science, Department of Biology, Baghdad University College of Science for Women, Baghdad, Iraq, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, College of Science, Department of Biology, Baghdad University College of Science for Women, Baghdad, Iraq
- Al-Ministry of Science & Technology, Regenerated Energies, Technology & Researchs Directorate, Baghdad, Iraq
-  Hana Krizowa, Jana Rotkowa, Green synthesis of copper-based nanostructures using tabbic acid and testing of their antibacterial properties, Nov 5th – 7th 2014, Brno, Czech Republic, EU.
-  T. Theivasanthi and M. Alagar, “X-Ray Diffraction Studies of Copper Nanopowder”, Archives of Physics Research, 1(2) 2010) 112-117.
-  Muhammad Raffi & Saba Mehrwan & Tariq Mahmood Bhatti & Javed Iqbal Akhter & Abdul Hameed & Wasim Yawar & M. Masood ul Hasan , Investigations into the antibacterial behavior of copper nanoparticles against Escherichia coli, Ann Microbiol (2010) 60: 75-80.
-  Grainger J. Hurst and Burdass D. (2001). Basic practical microbiology Animal, The Society for general micnbiology.
-  N. Prakash, S. Jayapradeep and P. N. Sudha, “Investigation of Antimicrobial Properties of Silver and Copper Nanoparticles Encspsulated in Chitosan”, First International Conference on Nanostructured Materials and Nanocomposites, Kottayam, India, April 6-8, (2009) 311-317.
-  Tong G., Yulongb M., Peng G., Zirong X. (2005). Antibacterial effects of the Cu(II)-exchanged montmorillonite on Escherichia coli K88 and Salmonella choleraesuis. Vet Microbiol. 105: 113-122.
-  NAIKA, H. R. et al., Green synthesis of CuO nanoparticles using Gloriosa superba L. extract and thein antibacterial activity. Journal of Taibah University for Science (accepted 2014).
-  Dan Z.G., Ni H.W., Xu B.F. (2005). Microstructure and antibacterial properties of AISI 420 stainless steel implanted by copper ions. Thin Solid Films 492, 93-100.
-  Methods for dilution antimicrobial susceptibility tests for bacteria that grow aerobically; approved standard-seventh edition, Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute, January 2006.
-  Morello, J.A., Mizer , H.E. and Granato, P.A. (2006). Laboratory Mannual and work book in microbiology 8th, The McGrown Hill companies.
-  Mc Fadden JF. (1979). Biochemical test for Identi Fication of Medical Bacteria waverly Press Inc.
-  Neela E.A.A., Ahmed I. (2005). Characterization of antibacterial copper releasing degradable phosphate glass fibers. Biomaterials 26: 2247-2254
Publication order reference