Some characterizations of a two-parameter Xgamma distribution
Languages of publication
The objective of this paper is establish some new characterization results of a two-parameter Xgamma distribution. We have first established our proposed characterization results by taking a relation between left truncated moment and failure rate function. Then, we have characterized the two-parameter Xgamma distribution by taking a relation between right truncated moment and reversed failure rate function. Finally, we have characterized it by order statistics and record values.
-  Sen, S., Chandra, N., and Maiti, S. S., On Properties and Applications of a Two-Parameter Xgamma Distribution, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 17(4) (2018) 674-685
-  Nagaraja, H., Characterizations of Probability Distributions, In Springer Handbook of Engineering Statistics (2006) (pp. 79 - 95), Springer, London, UK.
-  Glänzel, W., Teles, A., and Schubert, A., Characterization by truncated moments and its application to Pearson-type distributions. Zeitschrift für Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie und verwandte Gebiete, 66(2) (1984) 173-183
-  Glänzel, W., A characterization theorem based on truncated moments and its application to some distribution families, In Mathematical Statistics and Probability Theory (1987) (pp. 75-84), Springer, Dordrecht, Germany.
-  Glanzel, W., Some consequences of a characterization theorem based on truncated moments. Statistics, 21(4) (1990) 613-618
-  Volkova, K. Y., and Nikitin, Y. Y., Exponentiality tests based on Ahsanullah’s characterization and their efficiency. Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 204(1) (2015) 42-54.
-  Ahsanullah, M., A characterization of the exponential distribution by spacings. Journal of Applied Probability, 15(3) (1978) 650-653
-  Nikitin, Y. Y., Tests based on characterizations, and their efficiencies: A survey. Acta et Commentationes Universitatis Tartuensis de Mathematica, 21(1) (2017) 3-24
-  Miloševic, B., Some recent characterization based goodness of fit tests. In the Proceedings of the 20th European Young Statisticians Meeting (2017) (pp. 67-73), (Uppsala, Sweden, September, 2017).
-  Akbari, M., Characterization and Goodness-of-Fit Test of Pareto and Some Related Distributions Based on Near-Order Statistics. Journal of Probability and Statistics, Volume 2020, Article ID 4262574 (2020) 1–9
-  Galambos, J., and Kotz, S., Characterizations of probability distributions. A unified approach with an emphasis on exponential and related models. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 675 (1978), Springer, Berlin, Germany.
-  Kotz, S., and Shanbhag, D. N., Some new approaches to probability distributions. Advances in Applied Probability, 12 (1980) 903-921.
-  Koudou, A. E., and Ley, C., Characterizations of GIG laws: A survey. Probability Surveys, 11 (2014) 161-176. DOI: 10.1214/13-PS227
-  Ahsanullah, M., and Shakil, M., A note on the characterizations of Pareto distribution by upper record values. Communications of the Korean Mathematical Society, 27(4) (2012) 835-842
-  Ahsanullah, M., and Shakil, M., Characterizations of continuous probability distributions occurring in physics and allied sciences by truncated moment. International Journal of Advanced Statistics and Probability, 3(1) (2015) 100-114
-  Ahsanullah, M., Kibria, B. M. G., and Shakil, M., Normal and Student´s t Distributions and Their Applications (2014), Atlantis Press, Paris, France.
-  Ahsanullah, M., Shakil, M., and Kibria, B. G., Characterizations of folded student’s t distribution. Journal of Statistical Distributions and Applications, 2(1) (2015) 15
-  Ahsanullah, M., Shakil, M., and Kibria, B. M., Characterizations of Continuous Distributions by Truncated Moment. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 15 (1) (2016) 316-331
-  Ahsanullah, M., Characterizations of Univariate Continuous Distributions (2017), Atlantis Press, Paris, France.
-  Sen, S., Maiti, S. S., and Chandra, N., The xgamma distribution: statistical properties and application. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 15(1) (2016) 38
-  Barlow, R. E., and Proschan, F., Mathematical Theory of Reliability (1965), John Wiley, New York, USA.
-  Gradshteyn, I. S., and Ryzhik, I. M., Table of integrals, series, and products (2000), Academic Press, Inc., San Diego, California, USA.
-  Shakil, M., Ahsanullah, M., and Kibria, B. G., On the Characterizations of Chen’s Two-Parameter Exponential Power Life-Testing Distribution, Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications, 17(3) (2018) 393-407
-  Ahsanullah, M., Nevzorov,V. B., and Shakil, M., An Introduction to Order Statistics (2013), Atlantis Press, Paris, France.
-  Arnold, B.C., Balakrishnan, and Nagaraja, H. N., First Course in Order Statistics (2005), Wiley, New York, USA.
-  David, H. A., and Nagaraja, H. N., Order Statistics (2003), Third Edition, Wiley, New York, USA.
-  Ahsanullah, M., Record Statistics (1995), Nova Science Publishers, New York, USA.
-  Nevzorov, V. B., Records: Mathematical Theory (2001), Translation of Mathematical Monograph, American Mathematical Society, Rhode Island, USA.
Publication order reference