Conflicts Resolutions: The Role of Women Librarians in Collaboration with Women NGOs in Nigeria
Languages of publication
There has been the proliferation of women associations and organizations in Nigeria, these Associations and Organizations perform various functions towards solving socio-economic and political challenges faced by the country, Nigeria. This paper discusses the emerging roles of women Librarians and women NGOs in providing information for peace buildingactivities during and after elections in Nigeria,Ways to Improve Women’s Involvement in Peace and Conflict Resolutions. It further suggests among other things that, if women in Nigeria are given the enabling environment and funds, they can provide humanitarian aid and empowerment refugees and displaced persons to rehabilitate them for proper integration in the society.
-  Adebobola (1999). Indigenous Knowledge of Rural Women in Sustainable Ecology and Agricultural Productivity www.jsd-africa.com.
-  Aguolu, C.C. and Aguolu, I.E. (2002). Libraries and Information Seminar Essays on theme and Problems. Maiduguri: Ed. Information Services. 24-30.
-  Awe, B. (1977). TheIyalode in Traditional Yoruba Political System. In: Schlogel.
-  Bature Ruth (2014). Women Librarians as Peace Makers in Conflict Resolution AWLIN Information and Indigenous Knowledge Practices: Book of Reading.
-  Bukky (2005). In: Bature Ruth “Women Librarians in Peace Makers in conflict Resolution”.
-  Dike, V.W (2010). “Constructing Knowledge Societies for Sustainable Development” Keynote Address Delivered at the first Annual Conference of the Association for Prompting Lifelong learning in Nigeria (APLL) held at ESLIT, Enugu on August 16 P. 3.
-  Enhancing the Role of Indigenous Women in Sustainable Development retrieved From: http://www.ifad.org/english/indigenouse/pub/documents/indigenouswomen Report.pdf.
-  Ntahobari, J. and Ndayiziga B. (2003). The role of Burundian Women in the Progress of the World’s Women Vol. I. UNIFENG (United Nations In: UNESCO 2003).
-  Omekwu C. (2003). Conventional Approach in Accessing Legal Information, Nigerian Libraries, 37(2): 46-58.
-  Pisagih, H.C. and Degri, R.Y (2014). Strategic role of Women Librarians in Peace and conflict Resolution: Using Local Government Councilors AWLIN Indigenous Knowledge Practices.
Publication order reference