Voltage Security Assessment of Power System
Languages of publication
This paper deals with the security aspects of power system by evaluating the severity of transmission line outage. Voltage security assessment is made by determining the power flow in the line using load flow for each contingency. The severity of contingency is measured using a scalar index called Voltage performance index. 1P-1Q Method and Fast Decoupled load flow are used as approximate and exact load flow methods for Voltage security assessment respectively. Contingency analysis is carried out and ranked lists in the decreasing order of severity based on Voltage Performance Index values are prepared for standard test systems. The severity of line is evaluated and compared using these load flow methods.
-  A. K. Shinha, “Power System Security: A Review”. Department of EE, IIT Kharagpur.
-  ICFAI Journal of Science and Technology, 2(1) (2006) 7-30.
-  S. N. Singh and S. C. Srivastava, “Contingency Selection Algorithm for Voltage Security Analysis”. Proceedings of 9th NPSC IIT Kanpur, Vol. 2, 19-21 Dec, 1996.
-  K. Shanthi Swarup and G. Sudhakar, “Neural network approach to contingency screening and ranking in power systems”. Elsevier Journal of Neurocomputing 70, 2006.
-  B. Stott, “Review of Load Flow Calculation Methods”. Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 62, No. 7, July, 1974.
-  G. W. Stagg and A. H. El-Abiad. “Computer Methods in Power System Analysis”. Mc-Grawhill Publications Ltd., 1968.
-  A.J. Wood, B. F. Wollenberg. “Power Generation Operation and Control”. John Wiley and Sons Publications Ltd., 19.
Publication order reference