DNA isolation method from human blood with MasterPure DNA Purification Kit™ – review article
Languages of publication
The main element of genomic molecular analysis is isolation of DNA from biological material. DNA isolation is an important process of PCR methods. Efficency of PCR processes depends of purness and concentration of DNA. Many methods allows to izolate good quality DNA. There are many Purification Kits and methods of extraction genomic material. We show available techniques and methods of increasing efficiency of the process in our studies. Previous data shows that operating with kits needs optimization, whilst protocols do not have all information about isolation process. We concentrate on Epicentre MasterPure DNA Purification Kit, which is cheap, fast and allows to purification nucleic acids from various materials. We show detailed advantages and disadvantages of this set. Our main aim is to develop protocol to get optimal concentration (50-100 ng/μL) and pureness (A 260/280; 1.6-1.9) of DNA. We also should optimize the process of DNA isolation to obtain efficiency of about 100%. Optimized methodology of DNA isolation, with using MasterPure DNA Purification Kit allows to get good quality material in laboratory without specialistic equipment. This survey contains our assumptions of ways how we can influent on purification process according to previous data.
-  R. Dahm, Friedrich Miescher and the discovery of DNA, Developmental Biology (2005) 274-288.
-  S. C. Tan, B. C. Yiap, DNA, RNA, and protein extraction: the past and the present. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology (2009) 2-12.
-  A. Aygan, Nucleic Acid Extraction from Clinical Specimens for PCR Applications, Turkish Journal of Biology 30 (2006) 107-120
-  D. Chacon-Cortes, L. R. Griffiths, Methods for extracting genomic DNA from whole blood samples: current perspectives. Journal of Biorepository Science for Applied Medicine 2 (2014) 1-9 .
-  R. Maurya, B. Kumar, S. Sundar, Evaluation of salt-out method for the isolation of DNA from whole blood: a pathological approach of dna based diagnosis. International Journal of Life Sciences Biotechnology and Pharma Research 2 (2013) 53-57.
-  S. A. Miller, D. D. Dykes, H. F. Polesky, A simple salting out procedure for extracting DNA from human nucleated cells, Nucleic Acids Research 16 (1988)1215.
-  Z. M. Saiyed, C. N. Ramchand, Extraction of Genomic DNA Using Magnetic Nanoparticles (Fe3O4) as a Solid-Phase Support, American Journal of Infectious Diseases 4 (2007) 225-229.
-  A. Livy, S. Lye, C. K. Jagdish, N. Hanis, V. Sharmila, L. Wee Ler, and B. Pramod, Evaluation of Quality of DNA Extracted from Buccal Swabs for Microarray Based Genotyping. Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry 1 (2012) 28-33
-  E. C. Kuchler, P. N. Tannure, P. Falagan-Lotsch, T. S. Lopes, J. M. Granjeiro,L. M. F. Amorim, Buccal cells DNA extraction to obtain high quality human genomic DNA suitable for polymorphism genotyping by PCR-RFLP and Real-Time PCR. J. Appl. Oral. Sci. 20 (2012) 467-471.
-  L. El Bali, A.Diman, A. N. H. C. Bernard, Roosens, S. C. J. De Keersmaecker, Comparative Study of Seven Commercial Kits for Human DNA Extraction from Urine Samples Suitable for DNA Biomarker-Based Public Health Studies. J. Biomol. Tech. 25 (2014) 96-110.
-  A. Ghantous, R. Saffery, M. P. Cros, A. L. Ponsonby, S. Hirschfeld, C. Kasten, T. Dwyer, Z. Herceg, H. Hernandez-Vargas, Optimized DNA extraction from neonatal dried blood spots: application in methylome profiling, BMC Bitochnol 1 (2014) 14:60.
-  S. Rajatileka, K. Luyt, M. El-Bokle, M. Williams, H. Kemp, E. Molnár, A. Váradi, Isolation of human genomic DNA for genetic analysis from premature neonates: a comparison between newborn dried blood spots, whole blood and umbilical cord tissue. BMC Genet 14 (2013) 105.
-  S. Ghatak, R. B. Muthukumaran, S. K. Nachimuthu, A Simple Method of Genomic DNA Extraction from Human Samples for PCR-RFLP Analysis. J Biomol Tech 24 (2013) 224-231.
-  Epicentre® Technologies, Epicentre Protocols, MasterPure™ DNA Purification Kit 2012, available: http://www.epibio.com/docs/default-source/protocols/masterpure-dna-purification-kit.pdf?sfvrsn=6 Accessed 18 February 2017.
-  Ronald Kshikhundo, Shayalethu Itumhelo, Bacterial species identification, World News of Natural Sciences 3 (2016) 26-38
-  Pierre Mayrolle, Jean Michel Kuillon, Sareleï Kuéry, Vincent Aulin, Marc Kirondot, Antibody – Biological warfare agents. World News of Natural Sciences 5 (2016) 1-19
-  Sagbor Grinity Ema, Kwumasi Sylvester Mwadwo, Bosu P. Paul, Integrated microsystem for multiplexed genosensor detection of biowarfare agents. World News of Natural Sciences 5 (2016) 20-32
Publication order reference