The paper presents a clinical case of a patient with a long-term response to IV line chemotherapy with trifluridine/tipiracil. The treatment allowed to maintain a good quality of life with acceptable side effects.
Oncology and Hematology Department, Beskid Oncology Centre – John Paul II Memorial City Hospital in Bielsko-Biala
1. European Medicines Agency. European public assessment report (EPAR) for Lonsurf. 2016. http://www.ema.europa.eu.
2. Lenz HJ, Stintzing S, Loupakis F. TAS-102, a novel antitumor agent: a review of the mechanism of action. Cancer Treatment Rev. 2015; 41: 777-83.
3. Mayer R, Van Cutsem E, Falcone A et al.; RECOURSE Study Group. Randomized trial of TAS-102 for refractory metastatic colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1909-19.
4. Funaioli C, Longobardi C, Martoni AA. The impact of chemotherapy on overall survival and quality of life of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: a review of phase III trials. J Chemother. 2008; 20: 14-27.
5. Van Cutsem E, Falcone A, Garcia-Carbonero R et al. Proxies of quality of life in metastatic colorectal cancer: analyses in the RECOURSE trial. ESMO Open. 2017; 2(5): e000261.