Sector of culture in Poland in comparison to other European countries
Languages of publication
The aim of the article is to determine how the Polish cultural sector looks in comparison to other European countries. The use of analogous data presented by Eurostat provides the comparability of countries. Two elements that may indicate the situation of the sector were used in the analysis: the share of cultural workers in relation to all employees in the country and the number of enterprises in the cultural sector. In addition, for both data was made calculation of the share of individual activities (according to NACE Rev. 2) in relation to the total results obtained for every country. This procedure helps to present which areas of activity are most relevant and how the Polish situation looks in comparison to other countries. In the article data from 2009 and 2014 was used.
-  C. Gibson, L. Kong, Progress in Human Geography 29 (5) (2005) 541-561
-  Department of Culture, Media and Sport, Creative Industries Mapping Document 1998, DCMS, London (1998).
-  U. Daubaraitė, G. Startienė, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 213 (2015) 129-134
-  S. Cunningham, P. Higgs, Creative Industries Journal 1(1) (2008) 7-30
-  J. Potts. S. Cunningham, International Journal of Cultural Policy 14 (3) (2008) 233- 247
-  N. Boccella, I. Salerno, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 223 (2016) 291-296
-  J. Dessein, K. Soini, G. Fairclough and L. Horlings, Culture in, for and as Sustainable Development. Conclusions from the COST Action IS1007 Investigating Cultural Sustainability, University of Jyväskylä, Finland (2015).
-  A. Kłoskowska, Sociology of culture, PWN, Warsaw (1981) 21.
-  D. Throsby, Economics and culture, Cambridge University Press (2001) 4.
-  D. Throsby, Journal of Cultural Economics 23 (1999) 3-12
-  KEA European Affairs, The economy of culture in Europe (2006) 3.
-  S. Galloway, S. Dunlop, International Journal of Cultural Policy 13 (1) (2007) 17-31
-  S. Cunningham, Media International Australia Incorporating Culture and Policy. Quarterly Journal of Media Research and Resources 102 (1) (2002) 54-65
-  Eurostat, Culture statistics. 2016 edition (2016) 71-72.
-  C. Gibson, P. Murphy, R. Freestone. Australian Geographer 33 (2) (2002) 173-189
-  P. Mangset, et al., International journal of cultural policy, 14 (1) (2008) 1-5
-  D. Power, International Journal of Cultural Policy 15 (4) (2009) 445-460
Publication order reference