Synthesis, characterization and biological activities of some azetidin-2-one as potential antifungal agents
Languages of publication
A new series of 2-azetidinone compounds 5(a-g) were synthesized. The structures of all the synthesized compounds were confirmed by chemical and spectral analyses such as IR, 1H NMR and 13C NMR. The compounds were screened for their antimicrobial activity against Aspergillus flavus, Aspergillus niger, Penicillim chryogenum, Trigoderma veride & Fusarium oxysporum and the zone of inhibition was determined by disc diffusion technique. All the synthesized compounds exhibited promising antidungal activity against the studied set of microorganisms. However, the activity was less than that of standard drugs used in this study.
-  N. C. Desai, D. D. Pandya, G. M. Kotadiya, P. Desai, Med. Chem. Res. 23 (2014) 1725-1741.
-  M. Grare, M. Mourer, S. Fontanay, J. B. Regnouf-de-Vains, C. Finance, J Antimicrob Chemother. 60 (2007) 575-581
-  Mata, E. G., Fraga, M. A., Delpiccolo, C. M. L. An Efficient, Stereoselective Solid-Phase Synthesis of β-Lactams Using Mukaiyama’s Salt for the Staudinger Reaction. J. Comb. Chem. 2003, 5, 208-210.
-  Udupi RH, Mayur YC, Bhat AR. Indian J. Het. Chem. 1997, 6, 281-286.
-  Ishwar Bhat K, Muhammad M, Kalluraya B, Indian J. Het. Chem. 2003, 13, 183-184.
-  Nagesh HN, Suresh N, Prakash GVSB, Gupta S, Rao JV and Sekhar KVGC, Synthesis and biological evaluation of novel phenanthridinyl piperazine triazoles via click chemistry as antiproliferative agents, Med Chem Res. 2015, 24(2): 523–532.
-  Rajasekaran A, Periasamy M and Venkatesan S, Synthesis, characterization and biological activity of some novel azetidinones, J. Dev. Biol. Tissue Eng. 2010, 2(1): 5-13.
-  Pawar PY, Kalure SU, Kulkarni RB, Synthesis and Pharmacological Screening of some new azetidinone derivatives, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 4(5): 464-467.
-  Swamy PV, Chandrasekhar KB and Kambhampati PC, Synthesis and antibacterial activity of novel substituted azetidinones bearing 3,4,5-trimethoxy phenyl ring, Der Pharma Chemica, 2015, 7(6): 338-345.
-  Ishihara T, Ichihara K, Yamanaka H, Stereoselective synthesis of 3-fluoro azetidinones via the condensation of 2-fluoropropanethioate lithium enolate with imines, Tetrahedron, 1 January 1996, 52(1): 255-262.
-  Bakale RP, Naik GN, Mangannavar CV, Muchchandi IS, et al., Mixed ligand complex via zinc(II)-mediated in situ oxidative heterocyclization of hydrochloride salt of 2-chlorobenzaldehyde hydralazine hydrazone as potential of antihypertensive agent. Eur J Med Chem, 2014, 73: 38-45
-  Singh GS. Mini-Rev. Med. Chem. 2004, 4, 69.
-  Singh GS. Mini-Rev. Med. Chem. 2004, 4, 93.
-  Deshmukh AR, Bhawal BM, Krishnaswami D, Govande VV, Shinkre B.A, Jayanthi A, Curr. Med. Chem. 2004, 11, 1889.
-  Benson, H. J. Microbiological Applications, W M C Brown Publications, USA, 1990.
-  Colle J. G., Duguid J. P., Fraser A. G., Mammion B. P., Mackie and McCartney Practical Medical Microbiology, Churchil, Livingston Ltd, London, 13th ed.1989.
-  S. Bhavanarushi, V. Kanakaiah, Gandu Bharath, A. Gangagnirao, J. Vatsala Rani. Medicinal Chemistry Research 2014, 23, 158-167
-  C. Manivannan, N. Santhi, World News of Natural Sciences 10 (2017) 86-94
Publication order reference