Early childhood care and education in Bhutan: an evaluative study
Languages of publication
Emphasis in the need of ECCE programs for its high quality educational experiences to children and for the new trends in the family system is a growing concern throughout the countries in the world. One of the important factors contributing to the success of ECCE program is therefore in promoting an integrated approach to ECCE policy development and review. Bhutan is not exceptional in this global trend. The present survey is conducted in Sarpang of district of Bhutan and tries to explore existing policy practices and functioning of ECCE centers in promoting pre-school education in Bhutan.
-  Aggarwal J.C. & Gupta S. (2010). Early childhood care and education; Principal and practices, Shipra publication, Delhi.
-  Amy & Garrett Rachel (2014). The role of early childhood setting for 4-5 years old children in early academic skills and later achievement in Australia. Early childhood Research quarterly, 29(4), 550-561. Retrieved from:
- http://www.childresearch.net/projects/ecec/2012 03.html
-  Anim J.O. (2012). The role of drawing in promoting the children’s communication in early childhood care and education. (Published Masters’ theses), Dublin Institute of technology, University of Malta.
-  Bernett W.S (2008). Preschool education and its lasting effects: Research and policy Implications; National Institute of early education research. Rutgers: The state university of New Jersey.
-  Dar S.A. (2013). Government and non-government interventions in implementation of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in Kasmir.An evaluative study. (Unpublished M.Phil dissertation). Punjab, Lovely Professional University.
-  Doelkar, Tshering & et al.(2009).Assessment of NFE based Pilot ECCD centers (unpublished).UNICEF-Bhutan & ECCD unit, MOE, Bhutan.
-  Dr. Chadha S.C. (2003). NTT manual Early Childhood Education. International publishing House, Meerut.
-  Gross National Happiness (2009). Tenth Five Years Plan (2008-2013). Education Sector. Thimphu. GNH commission,
-  Kaul V. & Sankar D. (2009). Early childhood care and education in India; Education for all, mid decade assessment. National university of educational planning and administration, New Delhi
-  Kaur N. (2009). Role of village Education development committees in the implementation of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in Punjab. (Unpublished M.Phil dissertation). Punjab, Lovely Professional University.
-  Mckeown Margaret G. & Beck Isabel L. (2014). Effects of vocabulary instruction on measures of language processing: Comparing two approaches. Early childhood Research quarterly, 29(4), 520-530.
-  Ministry of Education (2011). National early childhood care and education policy, RGOB, Thimphu Bhutan
-  Ministry of Education (2002). Education Sector Strategy-Realizing Vision 2020-Policy & Strategy; Department of education, Thimphu.
-  Ministry of Education (2006). Guidelines for preparation of the Tenth Plan (2007-2012). Planning Commission: RGOB, Thimphu.
-  Ministry of Education (2010). Operational Manual for Community Based ECCD Program. Thimphu, MOE.
-  Ministry of Education (2011). Early Learning and Development Standards; Thimphu, Bhutan.
-  Mohanty J. & Mohanty B. (2007). Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE). Deep & Deep publications Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
-  NCERT (1993). Impact of ECCE on retention in Primary Grades- a longitudinal study. New Delhi.
-  Population and Housing census Bureau (2005). Population and Housing Census. RGOB, Thimphu.
-  Rao V.K. & Nayak A.K. (2009) Primary Education. Delhi. APH Publishing Corporation.
-  Royal Government of Bhutan (1999). Bhutan Vision 2020. Planning Commission, RGOB.
-  Saini P. (2011). An evaluative study of Early Childhood Care and Education under Sarva shiksha abhiyan in Punjab. (Unpublished M.Ed dissertation). Punjab, Lovely Professional University.
-  Siddique N., Bhatia S. & Biswas S. (2002). Early childhood care and education; Delhi, Doaba House Publishers. Thimphu.
-  UNICEF (2014). The importance of early childhood development to education; Prepared for the global meeting of the Thematic Consultation on Education in the Post-2015 Development Agenda. Dakar.
-  University of California-UC Newsroom (2005). New report examines effect nationwide of preschool on kid’s development. University of California.
-  Wangchuk K.C., Choden R., Zangpo S. & Yangden (2011). The status of early childhood care and development in Bhutan, an internal report for ECCD situational study. Thimphu, RGOB.
-  Gurung A. (2014). The Status of Children below Three in Bhutan - Part 2; the Bhutanese. Retrieved from http://www.thebhutanese.bt/the-status-of-childern-below-three-in-bhutan-part-2/
-  Kamerman B. Sheila (2006). Paper commissioned for the EFA Global Monitoring Report 2007, Strong foundations: early childhood care and education; Retrieved from: http://www.ecdgroup.com/docs/lib_003972023.pdf.
-  Ministry of Education (2013). Annual Statistics, Dzongkhag Statistics Report. Thimphu. Retrieved from www.edu.gov.bt
-  Ministry of Education (2014). Annual Education Statistics 2014. Thimphu. Retrieved from www.edu.gov.bt
-  Myers R.G. (2005). In Search of Quality in Programmes of Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), Paper commissioned for the EFA Global Monitoring Report 2005. Retrieved from unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0014/001466/146677e.pdf
-  NIPCCD (2006). Background Paper prepared for Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2007 Strong Foundation; Early Childhood Care and education. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images0014/001474/147474e.pdf
-  Ohara Y. (2013). Early childhood care and education: Retrieved from www.child research .net/projects/ecec/2013
-  UNESCO (2005). EFA Global Monitoring Report on Education for All; the quality imperative: Paris. Retrieved from: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0013/001373/137333e.pdf/
-  UNESCO (2012). Asia-Pacific End of Decade Notes on Education for All: Bangkok. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0021/002171/217145e.pdf
-  UNESCO (2014). Bhutan Common country programme document 2014-2018 http://www.unicef.org/about/execboard/files/2013-BTN1-Bhutan_CCPD-final_approved-English.pdf 3rd dec2014
-  UNICEF (2005). Asia-Pacific End of Decade Notes on Education for All; Regional Thematic Working Group on EFA. Bangkok.
-  UNICEF (2013). Annual Report 2013 – Bhutan. Retrieved from: http://www.unicef.org/about/annualreport/files/Bhutan_COAR_2013.pdf.dt
-  UNICEF (2014). Millennium Development Goals Report. New York. Retrieved from: http://www.in.undp.org/content/india/en/home/library/mdg/the-millennium-development-goals-report-2014.html
-  Upreti N. & Kanya Padma (2012). Preschool Education in Nepal; ECEC around the World. Nepal.
Publication order reference