Barrier modification of Al/PS/c-Si Schottky contact based on porous silicon interfacial layer
Languages of publication
This paper presents the fabrication and characterization of the different types of porous silicon PS (n-type and p-type) were used as a semiconductor to modifying Schottky contacts (Al/p-PS, Al/n-PS) and ohmic contact (Al/p-Si, Al/n-Si) respectively. Porous layer formed by electrochemical and photo-electrochemical etching. Barrier height, ideal factor, series resistance, are carefully figured out and compared with (I-V, C-V) measurements, H(I) and F(V) equations. The ideally factor was very high and the value of the Schottky barrier height of p-type sample was larger than that of n-type for all methods were use in this study. Also, higher series resistance for Al/PS/p-Si Schottky diode as compared to Al/PS/n-Si Schottky diode while the junction exhibits strong rectifying characteristics for n-type as compared of p-type.
-  Ö. Demircioglua, S. Karatas, N. Yıldırımc, Ö.F. Bakkaloglua, A. Türüt, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 509 (2011) 6433–6439.
-  R.S. Dubey, Nanoscience and Nano engineering, 1(1) ( 2013) 36-40.
-  Hasan A. Hadi, Tareq H. Abood, Ali T. Mohi and Mahmood S. Karim, World Scientific News 67(2) (2017) 149-160.
-  M.J. Sailor, Porous silicon in practice: preparation, characterization and applications. WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KgaA, Weinheim, (2012).
-  K. Akkilic, A. Turu, G. Cankayab, T. Kilicogluc, Solid State Communications 125 (2003) 551–556.
-  Sun Y, Shen X M, Wang J, Zhao D G, Feng G, Fu Y, Zhang S M, Zhang Z H, Feng Z H, Bai YX and Yang H., J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 35(2002) 2648.
-  Hui Li, Dan He, Qing Zhou, Peng Mao, Jiamin Cao, Liming Ding & Jizheng Wang, Scientific Reports volume 7 (2017) 40134. doi:10.1038/srep40134.
-  S.M. Sze, K.K. Ng, Physics of semiconductor devices, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, New Jersey, (2006).
-  F.A. Padovani, R. Stratton, Field and thermionic-field emission in Schottky barriers. Solid-State Electronics, 9 (1966) 695–707
-  D.K. Schroder, Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization, 3rd Ed.; Wiley Inter science, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2006.
-  H. A. Hadi, R. A. Ismail and N. F. Habubi, Indian Journal of Physics. DOI 10.1007/s12648-013-0375-4
-  Dieter K. Schroder. Semiconductor material and device characterization, Third Edition, Arizona State University Tempe, Aza John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Publication, 2006, p. 192.
-  M.M. El-Nahass, A.A. Atta, H.E.A. El-Sayed and E.F.M. El-Zaidia, Current Organic Chemistry, (2010) 14, 84-88.
-  Hui Li, Dan He, Qing Zhou, Peng Mao, Jiamin Cao, Liming Ding & Jizheng Wang, Scientific Reports 7 (2017) 40134. doi:10.1038/srep40134.
-  V. Mikhelashvili, G. Eisenstein, R. Uzdin, Solid-State Electronics 45 (2001) 143-148.
Publication order reference