Dilemmas of research in social assistance - condition and perspectives
Languages of publication
The article emphasizes the importance of conducting research in the field of social welfare, social work, while presenting their condition, dilemmas and perspectives. The author of the article pays special attention to the lack of usefulness of the multiplicity of data that is collected within the social welfare system, and thus have nothing to do with the practice of social work, as a useful profession.
-  Shortall, Sally. Social or economic goals, civic inclusion or exclusion? An analysis of rural development theory and practice. Sociologia Ruralis 44.1 (2004): 109-123.
-  Riessman, Catherine Kohler, and Lee Quinney. Narrative in social work: A critical review. Qualitative Social Work 4.4 (2005): 391-412.
-  Lietz, Cynthia A., Carol L. Langer, and Rich Furman. Establishing trustworthiness in qualitative research in social work: Implications from a study regarding spirituality. Qualitative social work 5.4 (2006): 441-458
-  Ginsberg, Rick, and Tom Thompson. Dilemmas and solutions regarding principal evaluation. Peabody Journal of Education 68.1 (1990): 58-74.
-  Sellers, Sherrill L., et al. Evaluation of social work journal quality: Citation versus reputation approaches. Journal of Social Work Education 40.1 (2004): 143-160.
-  Rand, William M. Objective criteria for the evaluation of clustering methods. Journal of the American Statistical Association 66.336 (1971): 846-850.
-  Gray, Mel, and Jan Fook. The quest for a universal social work: Some issues and implications. Social work education 23.5 (2004): 625-644.
-  Shek, Daniel TL, Vera MY Tang, and X. Y. Han. Evaluation of evaluation studies using qualitative research methods in the social work literature (1990-2003): Evidence that constitutes a wake-up call. Research on Social Work Practice 15.3 (2005): 180-194.
-  Rubin, Allen, and Earl Babbie. Research methods for social work. Cengage Learning, 2007.
-  Hepworth, Dean H., et al. Empowerment series: Direct social work practice: Theory and skills. Nelson Education, 2016.
-  Kramer, Mark. Polish workers and the post-communist transition, 1989–1993. Communist and Post-Communist Studies 28.1 (1995): 71-114.
-  Leiber, Simone. Transposition of EU social policy in Poland: are there differentworlds of compliance'in East and West? Journal of European Social Policy 17.4 (2007): 349-360.
-  Germain, Carel B., and Alex Gitterman. The life model of social work practice: Advances in theory & practice. Columbia University Press, 1996.
-  Mullaly, Robert P. Structural Social Work Ideology, Theory, Practice. (1993). The PhilPapers Foundation, ISBN(s) 0195412451
-  Luthar, Suniya S., Dante Cicchetti, and Bronwyn Becker. The construct of resilience: A critical evaluation and guidelines for future work. Child development 71.3 (2000): 543-562.
-  Thyer, Bruce A., Gerald Polk, and James G. Gaudin. Distance learning in social work education: A preliminary evaluation. Journal of Social Work Education 33.2 (1997): 363-367.
-  Gilbert, Paul. The relationship of shame, social anxiety and depression: The role of the evaluation of social rank. Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy: An International Journal of Theory & Practice 7.3 (2000): 174-189.
Publication order reference