The mediating role of customer satisfaction and Customer-Company identification in the relationship between corporate social responsibility and customer loyalty (Case study: customer's pasargad Bank)
Languages of publication
Customer loyalty issues that in the service sector, due to its dominant competitive environment has great importance. This study sought to evaluate the effects of variables that "corporate social responsibility", "quality of service" and "customer's identification" on "customer loyalty". The purpose of the present study is based on descriptive research methods. Data were collected in this study was a questionnaire that 390 questionnaires among customers of different branches In Tehran Pasargad Bank in the period January to March 2016 were distributed and 372 valid questionnaires were collected. Data were analyzed using correlation analysis and structural equation modeling was performed with SPSS Amos. This research shows that corporate social responsibility, customer satisfaction, customer identification and customer loyalty organization has a significant impact. Thus, banks paid to the issue of social responsibility and community issues they have committed themselves to respect, in terms of customers, banks with higher perceived service quality and customer satisfaction and loyalty have cause to be.
- Faculty of Management and Accounting, Farabi College, University of Tehran, Iran
- Faculty of Management and Accounting, Farabi College, University of Tehran, Iran
- Faculty of Management and Accounting, Farabi College, University of Tehran, Iran, email@example.com
-  Aupperle, K. E., Carroll, A. B., & Hatfield, J. D. (1985). An empirical examination of the relationship between corporate social responsibility and profitability. Academy of management Journal, 28(2): 446-463.
-  Alexandris, K., Dimitriadis, N., & Markata, D. (2002). Can perceptions of service quality predict behavioral intentions? An exploratory study in the hotel sector in Greece. Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 12(4): 224-231.
-  Aydin, S., & Özer, G. (2005). The analysis of antecedents of customer loyalty in the Turkish mobile telecommunication market. European Journal of marketing, 39(7/8): 910-925.
-  Andrea Pérez , Ignacio Rodríguez del Bosque (2015) Corporate social responsibility and customer loyalty: exploring the role of identification, satisfaction and type of company, Journal of Services Marketing, 29(1): 15-25
-  Bhattacharya, C. B., & Sen, S. (2003). Consumer-company identification: A framework for understanding consumers’ relationships with companies. Journal of marketing, 67(2): 76-88.
-  Bhattacharya, C. B., Rao, H., & Glynn, M. A. (1995). Understanding the bond of identification: An investigation of its correlates among art museum members. The Journal of Marketing, 46-57.
-  Cronin Jr, J. J., & Taylor, S. A. (1992). Measuring service quality: a reexamination and extension. The journal of marketing, 55-68.
-  Carroll, A. B. (1991). Corporate social performance measurement: A commentary on methods for evaluating an elusive construct. Research in corporate social performance and policy, 12(42): 385-401.
-  Carroll, A. B. (1979). A three-dimensional conceptual model of corporate performance. Academy of management review, 4(4): 497-505.
-  Chiou, J. S., & Droge, C. (2006). Service quality, trust, specific asset investment, and expertise: Direct and indirect effects in a satisfaction-loyalty framework. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 34(4): 613-627.
-  Du, S., Bhattacharya, C. B., & Sen, S. (2007). Reaping relational rewards from corporate social responsibility: The role of competitive positioning. International journal of research in marketing, 24(3): 224-241.
-  Dutton, J. E., Dukerich, J. M., & Harquail, C. V. (1994). Organizational images and member identification. Administrative science quarterly, 239-263.
-  Fombrun, C., & Shanley, M. (1990). What's in a name? Reputation building and corporate strategy. Academy of management Journal, 33(2), 233-258.
-  Garcia de los Sanchez , M.M., Perez, A. and Rodriguez del Bosque, I. (2009), The social role of financial compaines as a determinant of consumer behavior, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 27(6): 467-85.
-  Hansen, S. D., Dunford, B. B., Boss, A. D., Boss, R. W., & Angermeier, I. (2011). Corporate social responsibility and the benefits of employee trust: A cross-disciplinary perspective. Journal of Business Ethics, 102(1): 29-45.
-  He, H., & Li, Y. (2011). CSR and service brand: The mediating effect of brand identification and moderating effect of service quality. Journal of Business Ethics, 100(4): 673-688.
-  Kline, R. B. (2011). Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling. (3nd Edition ed.), New York, The Guliford Pres.
-  Luo, X., & Bhattacharya, C. B. (2006). Corporate social responsibility, customer satisfaction, and market value. Journal of marketing, 70(4): 1-18.
-  Lee, E. M., Park, S. Y., Rapert, M. I., & Newman, C. L. (2012). Does perceived consumer fit matter in corporate social responsibility issues?. Journal of Business Research, 65(11): 1558-1564.
-  Lantos, G. P. (2002). The ethicality of altruistic corporate social responsibility. Journal of consumer marketing, 19(3): 205-232.
-  Martínez, P., & del Bosque, I. R. (2013). CSR and customer loyalty: The roles of trust, customer identification with the company and satisfaction. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 35: 89-99.
-  Magdalena Öberseder, Bodo. Schlegelmilch, Patrick E. Murphy,(2013)" CRS practices and consumer perceptions" Journal of Business Research 66 (2013): 183-1851.
-  Maignan, I., Ferrell, O. C., & Hult, G. T. M. (1999). Corporate citizenship: Cultural antecedents and business benefits. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 27(4): 455-469.
-  McWilliams, A., Siegel, D. S., & Wright, P. M. (2006). Corporate social responsibility: Strategic implications. Journal of management studies, 43(1): 1-18.
-  Margolis, J. D., & Walsh, J. P. (2001). People and profits? The search for a link between a company's social and financial performance.
-  Marin, L., Ruiz, S., & Rubio, A. (2009). The role of identity salience in the effects of corporate social responsibility on consumer behavior. Journal of business ethics, 84(1): 65-78.
-  Orlitzky, M., Schmidt, F. L., & Rynes, S. L. (2003). Corporate social and financial performance: A meta-analysis. Organization studies, 24(3): 403-441.
-  Oliver, R. L. (1999). Whence consumer loyalty? the Journal of Marketing
-  Sureshchandar, G. S., Rajendran, C., & Anantharaman, R. N. (2002). The relationship between service quality and customer satisfaction-a factor specific approach. Journal of services marketing, 16(4): 363-379.
-  Pava, M. L., & Krausz, J. (1995). Corporate responsibility and financial performance: The paradox of social cost.
-  Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., & Berry, L. L. (1985). A conceptual model of service quality and its implications for future research. The Journal of Marketing, 41-50.
-  Soloman, R., & Hansen, K. (1985). It’s Good Business (Atheneum, New York).
-  Scott, S. G., & Lane, V. R. (2000). A stakeholder approach to organizational identity. Academy of Management review, 25(1): 43-62.
-  Swaen, V., & Chumpitaz, R. C. (2008). Impact of corporate social responsibility on consumer trust. Recherche et Applications en Marketing (English Edition), 23(4): 7-34.
-  So, K.K.F, King, C., Sparks, B., Wang, Y., 2013. The influence of customer brand identifi-cation on hotel brand evaluation and loyalty development. International Journal of Hospitality Management 34: 31-41.
-  Vlachos, P. A., Tsamakos, A., Vrechopoulos, A. P., & Avramidis, P. K. (2009). Corporate social responsibility: attributions, loyalty, and the mediating role of trust. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 37(2): 170-180.
-  Vaaland, T. I., Heide, M., & Grønhaug, K. (2008). Corporate social responsibility: investigating theory and research in the marketing context. European Journal of Marketing, 42(9/10): 927-953.
-  Vlachos, P. A. (2012). Corporate social performance and consumer-retailer emotional attachment: The moderating role of individual traits. European Journal of Marketing, 46(11/12): 1559-1580.
-  Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L., & Parasuraman, A. (1996). The behavioral consequences of service quality. The Journal of Marketing, 31-46.
Publication order reference