Utilization and End-Users Acceptability of Compressed Lahar Sediment Blocks as Wall Panel for Low-Cost Housing
Languages of publication
This research aimed to use lahar sediments from the volcanic eruption in which people would be able to benefit from the construction technology in the form of sediment block was similar to the conventional concrete hollow block. The study focuses on the recognition and acceptance of indigenous material, specifically lahar, as an alternative solution in the reproduction of low-cost housing to lower construction cost and housing backlogs. The study attempts to discover the utilization and end-users acceptability of Compressed Lahar Sediment Blocks (CLSB). This research presented an analysis and determination of the use of compressed lahar sediment blocks as local building material for low-cost housing and its acceptability as an alternative to concrete base materials. It also contemplates a new idea in the development and production of low-cost housing and in support to the government National Shelter Program
-  Agbede, I. O., & Manasseh, J. O. E. L. (2008). Use of Cement-Sand Admixture in Laterite Brick Production for Low Cost Housing. Leonardo electronic journal of practices and technologies, 12, 163-174
-  Bautista, C. B. (1996). The Mount Pinatubo disaster and the people of Central Luzon. Fire and mud: Eruptions and lahars of Mount Pinatubo, Philippines, 151-161
-  Bornhold, B. D., & Prior, D. B. (1989). Sediment blocks on the sea floor in British Columbia fjords. Geo-Marine Letters, 9(3), 135-144
-  Carranza, E. J. M., & Castro, O. T. (2006). Predicting lahar-inundation zones: case study in West Mount Pinatubo, Philippines. Natural Hazards, 37(3), 331-372
-  Choguill, C. L. (2007). The search for policies to support sustainable housing. Habitat International, 31(1), 143-149
-  Crandell, D. R. (1971). Postglacial lahars from Mount Rainier volcano, Washington (No. 677). US Govt. Print. Off.
-  Cronin, S. J., Neall, V. E., Lecointre, J. A., & Palmer, A. S. (1997). Changes in Whangaehu River lahar characteristics during the 1995 eruption sequence, Ruapehu volcano, New Zealand. Journal of volcanology and geothermal research, 76(1-2), 47-61
-  Gaillard, J. C., D'Ercole, R., & Leone, F. (2001). Cartography of population vulnerability to volcanic hazards and lahars of Mount Pinatubo (Philippines): a case study in the Pasig-Potrero River basin (province of Papanga). Geomorphologie -Paris 7(3), 209-222
-  Funiciello, R., Giordano, G., & De Rita, D. (2003). The Albano maar lake (Colli Albani Volcano, Italy): recent volcanic activity and evidence of pre-Roman Age catastrophic lahar events. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, 123(1), 43-61
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2014). The Effect of Waste Glass Bottles as an Alternative Coarse Aggregate in Concrete Mixture.
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2016). Development and Efficiency of Prefabricated Building Components. International Journal of Smart Home, 10(6), 85-94
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2014). Waste Tire as an Asphalt Cement Modifier for Road Pavement. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science and Technology, 7(5), 181-194
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2016). Analysis and Design of Gravitational Sub-Pumping Station. International Journal of Smart Home, 10(5), 207-216
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2015). Design and Management Features of Ecological Sanitation. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science and Technology, 8(8), 41-54
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2017). Performance of Community Water Supply Management towards Designing Water Safety Plan. World News of Natural Sciences, 10, 10-25
-  Goebel, A. (2007). Sustainable urban development? Low-cost housing challenges in South Africa. Habitat International, 31(3), 291-302
-  Gran, K. B., & Montgomery, D. R. (2005). Spatial and temporal patterns in fluvial recovery following volcanic eruptions: Channel response to basin-wide sediment loading at Mount Pinatubo, Philippines. Geological Society of America Bulletin, 117(1-2), 195-211
-  Iverson, R. M. (2012). Elementary theory of bed‐sediment entrainment by debris flows and avalanches. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface, 117(F3)
-  Israel, D. C., Trabajo, F.M. C., and Nayve C. M. (1990). Production,Utilization andTrade of Environmentally Preferable Products in the Philippines, pp. 122-128
-  Janda, R. J., Daag, A. S., Delos Reyes, P. J., Newhall, C. G., Pierson, T. C., Punongbayan, R. S., ... & Umbal, J. V. (1996). Assessment and response to lahar hazard around Mount Pinatubo, 1991 to 1993. Fire and mud: Eruptions and lahars of Mount Pinatubo, Philippines, 107-140.
-  Kumar, S. (2002). A perspective study on fly ash–lime–gypsum bricks and hollow blocks for low cost housing development. Construction and Building Materials, 16(8), 519-525
-  Lacsamana, C. S., Ganiron Jr, T. U., & Taylor, H. S. (2014). Developing Low Cost Laboratory Apparatus for Hardware Interfacing System. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science and Technology, 7(2), 113-126
-  Mohit, M. A., Ibrahim, M., & Rashid, Y. R. (2010). Assessment of residential satisfaction in newly designed public low-cost housing in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Habitat international, 34(1), 18-27
-  Newhall, C. G., & Punongbayan, R. (Eds.). (1996). Fire and mud: eruptions and lahars of Mount Pinatubo, Philippines (p. 1126). Quezon City: Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology.
-  Pierson, T. C., Daag, A. S., Delos Reyes, P. J., Regalado, M. T. M., Solidum, R. U., & Tubianosa, B. S. (1996). Flow and deposition of posteruption hot lahars on the east side of Mount Pinatubo, July–October 1991. Fire and Mud: eruptions and lahars of Mount Pinatubo, Philippines, 921-950
-  Umbal, J. V., & Rodolfo, K. S. (1996). The 1991 lahars of southwestern Mount Pinatubo and evolution of the lahar-dammed Mapanuepe Lake. Fire and mud: Eruptions and lahars of Mount Pinatubo, Philippines: Quezon, Philippines, 951-970
Publication order reference