Prevalence and Diversity of Cestode Parasites of Freshwater Fishes of Genus Channa Scopoli, 1777
Languages of publication
Study was conducted to investigate prevalence and diversity of Piscean cestode parasites of freshwater fishes of four species of the genus Channa Scopoli, 1777 viz. Channa straitus (Bloch,1793), Channa punctatus (Bloch, 1793), Channa marulius (F. Hamilton, 1822) and Channa gachua (F. Hamilton, 1822) in and around Nanded district, M.S. India during March, 2012 to August, 2014 by applying statistical approach. Five cestode genera Senga (Dollfus, 1934), Polyoncobothrium (Diesing, 1854), Gangesia (Woodland, 1924), Proteocephalus (Weinland, 1858) and Silurotaenia (Nybein, 1942) were recorded during this investigation. High prevalence were recorded during Summer followed by winter where as prevalence was low in monsoon. High prevalence was reported due to infection of Senga sp., as compared to other cestode infection. Prevalence of these Cestode parasites and severity of infection vary considerably depending on environmental conditions such as humidity, temperature, rainfall, vegetation and management practices.
- Post Graduate Department of Zoology, Yeshwant Mahavidyalya, Nanded - 431602, M.S., India, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post Graduate Department of Zoology, Yeshwant Mahavidyalya, Nanded - 431602, M.S., India, email@example.com
- Post Graduate Department of Zoology, Yeshwant Mahavidyalya, Nanded - 431602, M.S., India, firstname.lastname@example.org
-  Anderson, R.M. 1976. Seasonal variation in the population dynamics of Caryophyllacus lacticeps. Parasitology 72: 281-395.
-  Anderson, R.M. And May, R.M. 1978.Regulation and stability of the host parasite population interaction. I- Regulation process. Jr. Animal. Ecol. 47(1): 219-247.
-  Anderson, R.M. And May, R.M. 1978. The regulation of the host population growth by parasite species. Parasitology 76: 199-157.
-  Anderson, R.M. And Gordon, D.M. 1982. Processes influencing the distribution of parasite numbers within host population with special emphasis on parasite-induced host mortalities. Parasitology 85: 373-398
-  Bhure, D.B., Jadhav, B.V., Pathan, D.M. and Padwal, Nitin 2007. Population index of some trematode parasites in freshwater fishes from Aurangabad. Proc. 16th All India ZSI conference, Fisheries and Fish Toxycology. Chapter - 20, pp. 217-229.
-  Bhure, D.B., Jadhav, S.S., Supugade, V.B., Sawant, A.D. and Jadhav, B.V. 2007. Population Dynamics of Trematode parasites in freshwater fishes from Nath Sagar reservoir at Paithan Aurangabad District. Proc. Nat. Work. on Recent. Trends in Biotechnology. Pp. 120-124.
-  Bhure Dhanraj Balbhim 2008. Faunal diversity of helminth parasites of freshwater fishes from Maharashtra State, India. Ph.D. Thesis, Dr. B. A.M.U.Aurangabad, M.S.India. pp.1-178.
-  Bhure, D.B., Nanware, S.S., Kardile, S.P. and Dhondge, R. M., 2010. A survey of the population ecology of Rhabdochona Ralliet, 1916 (Nematoda-Rhabdochonidae) from Labeo rohita (Ham. and Buch.). The Ecosphere (An International Biannual Journal of Environment and Biological Sciences). 1(1): 12-24.
-  Bhure, Dhanraj Balbhim, Nanware, Sanjay Shamrao and Dhondge, Ramesh Mohanrao. 2010. Studies on population dynamics of piscian nematode Spinetectus corti Moorthy,1938 The Ecosphere (An International Biannual Journal of Environment and Biological Sciences). 1(1): 130-132.
-  Bhure D.B. and Nanware S.S., 2011. Population Dynamics of Silurotaenia raoii Bhure et.al., 2010 from Mystus seenghala. The Ecosphere (An International Biannual Journal of Environment and Biological Sciences). 2(1&2): 9-12.
-  Bhure, Dhanraj Balbhim, Nanware, Sanjay Shamrao and Sunnap, Namrata V. 2013. Status of Diversity of Cestode Parasites of Domestic Fowl (Gallus Gallus Domesticus) from Nanded District, Maharashtra State. Indian Journal of Applied Research. 3(10): 28-31.
-  Bhure, Dhanraj Balbhim, Nanware, Sanjay Shamrao, Barshe, M.U., Deshmukh, V.S. and Kardile, S.P. 2013. Population Dynamics of Caryophyllidean Tapeworms from Freshwater Fish Clarias batrachus. Flora and Fauna An International Research Journal of Biological Sciences. 19(1): 161-166.
-  Bhure, Dhanraj Balbhim, Nanware, Sanjay Shamrao and Kasar C.R. 2014. Studies on Prevalence of Cesodes Parasitizing Gallus gallus domesticus. Environment Conservation Journal. 15(1&2); 171-175.
-  Bhure, Dhanraj Balbhim, Nanware, Sanjay Shamrao 2014. Studies on Prevalence of Cestode Parasites of Freshwater Fish, Channa punctatus. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies. 2(4); 283-285.
-  Bhure Dhanraj Balbhim and Nanware Sanjay Shamrao 2015. Faunestic Diversity and Distribution of Cestode Parasites of Piscean, Avian and Mammalian Host. American Journal of Biology and Life Sciences. 3(6): 241-245.
-  Dobson, A.P. and Roberts, M.G. 1994. The population dynamic of parasitc helminth Communities. Parasitology 102 (Suppl.): 507-510.
-  Dogiel, V.A. 1935. The present tasks of ecological Parasitology. Tud. Patergof. Biol Inst 15: 2
-  Dogiel, V.A. et al. 1958. Parasitlogy of Fishes. Leningrad University press, Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh and London.
-  Dollfus, R. Ph. 1934. Sur uncestode pseudophyllidae parasite de poiss on ornament. Bull. Sac. Zool. France 69: 476-490
-  Euzeby, J. 1972. Climate and development of helminthes: Climatology and helminth dev. J Rev Med Vet (Toulouse), 123(5): 637-655.
-  Fernando, C.H. and Hanek, C. 1976. Gills. In: C.R. Kennedy (ed.). Ecological aspects of Parasitology. North Holland publishing company Amsterdam pp. 209-226.
-  Hiware, C.J., Jadhav, B. V. and Mohekar, A. D. 2003. Applied Parasitology A practical manual. Mangal Deep Publ. Jaipur. Pp. 243.
-  Jadhav, A. N. , Bhure, D.B. and Nanware, S.S. 2015. Application of Data Analysis and Presentation for Population Dynamics of Cotugnia sp. Parasitizing Domestic Fowl. World Scientific News. 32 (2016) 37-48.
-  Jadhav, B.V. and Bhure, D.B. 2006. Population dynamics of Helminth parasites in freshwater fishes from Marathwada region (M. S.) India. Flora and Fauna An International Research Journal, 12(2): 143-148.
-  Jadhav, B.V., Bhure, D.B., Padwal, Nitin and Nanware, S.S. 2007. Studies on seasonal infection of M.armatus (Cur & Val) By Ptychobothriidae, Luhe1902. Proc. 17th All India ZSI conference, Bioinformatics, Chapt. 14, pp. 125-131.
-  Kasar, C. R., Patki, A. K., Bhure, D.B. and Nanware, S.S. 2012. Seasonal Variation of Valipora Linton,1927 (Dilepididae-Wardle, McLeod and Radinovsky,1974) from Columba livia. Bionano Frontier 5(2-I): 212-213.
-  Kennedy, C.R. 1968. Population biology of the Cestode caryophyllaeus (Pallas, 1781) in dace, Leuciscus leuciscus L. of the river Avon. J. Parasitol 54: 538-543.
-  Kennedy, C.R. And Hine, D.M.1970. Population biology of the cestode Proteocephalus torulisus (Bat Sch) in dace Leucisus leucisus (L) of the river Avon. J. Fish Biol. 1(3): 209-219.
-  Kennedy, C.R. 1974. A checklist of British and Irish freshwater fish parasites with notes on their distribution. J. Fish Biol. 6 (5): 613-644.
-  Kennedy, C.R. 1976. Ecological aspects of parasitology. North Holland publishing company Amsterdam 10x ford.
-  Kennedy, C.R. 1977(a). The regulation of fish parasite populations. In regulation of parasite population 61-109.
-  Khalil, L.F, Jones, A. and Bray, R.A. 1994. Keys to the cestodes parasites of vertebrates. CAB International Pub. U.K. pp. 1-751.
-  Kulakovskaya, O.P. 1962. The seasonal changes in representatives of the family Caryophyllaeidae (Cestoda) under conditions existing in Western Ukrainian region, URSR. Scientific Memories of Science Biological Museum of the Utranisn Academy of Science (10): 88-93.
-  Kulakovskaya, O.P.1964. Effect of environmental conditions on relationship between some intestinal parasites of fish. Paroblemy Parazitologii. (3): 9-15.
-  Lawrence, J.L.1970. Effect of season, host age on endo helminthes of Catastomus Commersoni. J. Parasitology 56(3): 567-571.
-  Moller, H.1978. The effect of salinity and temperature in the development and survival of fish parasites. J. of Fish Bio. 12: 311-324.
-  Nair, K.V. and Nadakal, A. M. 1981. Hematological changes in domestic fowl infected with cestode Raillietina tetragona (Molin, 1958). Vet. Parasitol. 8: 49-58.
-  Nanware, S. S. Bhure, D. B., Deshmukh V.S. and Barashe M.U. 2013. Survey of Cestode Parasites Of Freshwater Fishes From Marathwada Region. The Biosphere (An International Journal of Life Sciences) 5(2), 149-151.
-  Nanware Sanjay Shamrao, Bhure Dhanraj Balbhim and Deshmukh V.S. 2015. Population Dynamics of Nematodes of Freshwater Fish, Mastacembelus armatus Lacepede, 1800. Proceeding of National Conference on “Current Trends in Aquaculture”. Published as a Special Issue of International Journal of Advanced Research in Basic and Applied Sciences. (Special Issue), August, 2015 pp. 72-77
- . Nybein, O. 1942. Zuer Helminth Fauna der Sussawasser Fische Schwedens II. Die cestode, des welses. Goteboogs Kgl. Vetenskaps-Akad Handl. Sect. B. L. 1-24.
-  Pennyuick, K.L. 1973. Seasonal variation in the parasite population of three spined Stickle backs, Gasterosteus aculeatus L. Parasitology 63: 373-388.
-  Rajeshwar Rao and V. Ramkrishna.1982. The seasonal variations of Helminth Parasites of Rana tigrina in Hyderabad district Geobios 10: 34-36.
-  Ramreddy, G.B.V. 1980. Studies on the population dynamics of helminth parasite of certain lizard of Hyderabad. Ph. D. Thesis, Osmania University Hyderabad A. P. India.
-  Rudolphi.1810. Entozoorum sive vermium intestinalium nistoria naturalis 11 pars. 2 xii 386 pp Amstelaedami. Zool. Anz. 29(8): 224-252.
-  Schmidt, Gerald D. 1934. Handbook of Tapeworm Identification. CRC Press, Inc. Boca Raton, Florida. Pp. 1-675.
-  Wardle, R.A., Mcleod, J.A. and Radinovsky 1974. Advances in the Zoology of tapeworm 1950-1970, University of Minnesotar Press, Minneapolis, 1-780.
-  Woodland, WNF. 1924. On a new Proteocephalidae from Indian freshwater fishes. Parasit. 16: 441-451.
-  Yamaguti, S. 1959. Systema Helminthum. II. The Cestodes of Vertebrates. Intescience Publ., N.Y., pp. 860.
Publication order reference