Teaching Performance and Moral Principle of the Academic College Advisers
Languages of publication
It can be deduced that the sum total of an adviser’s personality which includes his social, moral-spiritual and economic functioning and efficacy is highly dependent upon his moral principle. In terms, therefore, of adviser’s performance in whatever field of achieving the goal, his moral principle is a potent factor that is to be reckoned with in order to explain his work attitudes and habits and the qualitative and quantitative aspects of his work performance. This study is focused on the identification of the moral principle and teaching performance of college advisers/professors, as well as the relationship of their moral principle to teaching performance. It is a correlational study that determines the significant relationship between the moral principle and the teaching performance of the engineering college advisers.
-  Barr, A. S. (2007). Characteristic differences in the teaching performance of good and poor teachers of the social studies. Barr Press.
-  Butler, A. (2001). Preservice music teachers' conceptions of teaching effectiveness, microteaching experiences, and teaching performance. Journal of Research in Music Education, 49(3), 258-272
-  Campbell, E. (2003). Moral lessons: The ethical role of teachers. Educational Research and Evaluation, 9(1), 25-50
-  Darling-Hammond, L. (2010). Evaluating teacher effectiveness: How teacher performance assessments can measure and improve teaching. Center for American Progress.
-  Douglas, J., & Douglas, A. (2006). Evaluating teaching quality. Quality in Higher Education, 12(1), 3-13
-  Ferguson, P., & T. Womack, S. (1993). The impact of subject matter and on teaching performance. Journal of teacher education, 44(1), 55-63
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2014). The impact of higher level thinking on students’ achievement toward project management course. International Journal of u-and e-Service, Science, and Technology, 7(3), 217-226
-  Ganiron Jr, T. U. (2014). The Effects of the Mentoring System on the Achievement of Students in Project Management Course. In Journal of Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Conference of the European Society for Engineering Education (SEFI), Birmingham, United Kingdom.
-  Ganiron Jr, T. (2013). Accelerated Learning Techniques: Teaching Critical Thinking in Qassim University. In Journal of Proceedings of the 41st Annual Conference of the European Society for Engineering Education (pp. 16-20).
-  Ganiron, T. U. (2013). Social capital and career success of civil engineers towards designing career paths. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 102, 611-621
-  Jordan, P. (2000). Advising college students in the 21st century. NACADA Journal, 20(2), 21-30
-  Kramer, G. L. (2003). Faculty advising examined: Enhancing the potential of college faculty as advisors. Anker Publishing Company.
-  Kwan, K. P. (1999). How fair are student ratings in assessing the teaching performance of university teachers? Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 24(2), 181-195
-  Larsen-Freeman, D., & Anderson, M. (2013). Techniques and Principles in Language Teaching 3rd edition-Oxford Handbooks for Language Teachers. Oxford University Press.
-  Lavy, V. (2002). Evaluating the effect of teachers’ group performance incentives on pupil achievement. Journal of Political Economy, 110(6), 1286-1317
-  MacLure, M. (1993). Arguing for yourself: Identity as an organizing principle in teachers’ jobs and lives. British educational research journal, 19(4), 311-322
-  Murnane, R. J., & Phillips, B. R. (1981). Learning by doing, vintage, and selection: Three pieces of the puzzle relating teaching experience and teaching performance. Economics of education review, 1(4), 453-465
-  O'Gara, L., Mechur Karp, M., & Hughes, K. L. (2009). Student success courses in the community college: An exploratory study of student perspectives. Community College Review, 36(3), 195-218
-  Osguthorpe, R. D. (2008). On the reasons, we want teachers of good disposition and moral character. Journal of Teacher Education, 59(4), 288-299
-  Paulsen, M. B. (2002). Evaluating teaching performance. New Directions for Institutional Research, 2002(114), 5-18
-  Sheldon, K. M., Garton, B., Orr, R., & Smith, A. (2015). The Advisor Quality Survey: Good college advisors are available, knowledgeable, and autonomy supportive. Journal of College Student Development, 56(3), 261-273
-  Stucky, N., & Wimmer, C. (Eds.). (2002). Teaching performance studies. SIU Press.
-  Tirri, K. (1999). Teachers' perceptions of moral dilemmas at school. Journal of Moral Education, 28(1), 31-47
-  Ucol-Ganiron, T., & Alaboodi, A. S. (2013). Cultural Learning Environment in Structural Engineering Courses of Architecture and Civil Engineering Students in Qassim University. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 102, 300-310.
-  Ucol-Ganiron Jr, Tomas (2012). Cultural Learning Environment and Perception of Structural Engineering Classes in Qassim University. WSEAS Transactions on Advances in Engineering Education Journal, 9(3), 84-93
Publication order reference