Distribution of gas molecules by their temperatures
Languages of publication
A formula is derived for the distribution of gas molecules over their temperatures depending on the total temperature of the gas. Formulas are proposed for the distribution of velocities and kinetic energies of gas molecules depending on the pressure and density of the gas. It is shown that these formulas are equivalent to the formulas of the corresponding Maxwell distributions, which depend only on temperature. A formula is derived for the distribution of the mean free paths of gas molecules depending only on the gas density. An example of calculating the distribution of gas molecules by their temperatures is given.
-  M.P. Hossian, M.H. Omar, M. Riaz. New V control chart for the Maxwell distribution. J. of Statistical Computation and Simulation 87(3) (2017) 594-606
-  J. Huang, S. Chen. Tail behavior of the generalized Maxwell distribution. Communication in Statistics. Theory and Methods 45(14) (2016) 4230-4236
-  Jürg Fröhlich, Zhou Gang. Exponential Convergence to the Maxwell Distribution for Some Class of Boltzmann Equations. Communications in Mathematical Physics 314 (2012) 525-554
-  B.G. Golovkin. Influence of the Distribution of Gas Molecules by Temperature on the Rate of Gas-Forming Reactions. To Chemistry Journal. 4 (2019) 1-7
-  V.K. Sharma, H.S. Bacouch, K. Suthar. An extended Maxwell distribution: Properties and applications. Communications in Statistic - Simulation and Computation 46(9) (2017) 6982-7007
-  K.L. Singh, R.S. Srivastava. Inverse Maxwell Distribution as a Survival Model, Genesis and Parameter Estimation. Res. J. Mathematical and Statistical Sci. 2(7) (2014) 23-28
-  V.G. Levich. Course of theoretical physics. T.1. M. PHYSMATLIT. 1969. 912 p.
-  B.G. Golovkin. Physical meaning temperature of gas and separate molecule. World Scientific News 94(2) (2018) 313-320
-  B.G. Golovkin. Distribution of the lengths of free paths of gas molecules. World Scientific News 119(1) (2019) 243-247
-  L.D. Landau, E.M. Lifshits. Theoretical physics. Vol. V. Statistical physics. P.1. M. PHYSMATLIT. 2002. 616 p.
-  B.G. Golovkin. The temperature of the molecule. The distribution of gas molecules by their temperatures. East European Scientific Journal 3(4) (2015) 103-105
-  B.H. Lavenda Statistical Physics. A Probabilistic Approach. Dover (2016) republication of the edition originally published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1991.
-  B.G. Golovkin. Dependence of energy of heat radiation of molecules from its kinetic energy. World Scientific News 96 (2018) 233-236
Publication order reference