The frequency of severe storms Zab Basin in Iran and their relationship with large-scale atmospheric patterns
Languages of publication
Storm severe turbulence and severe atmospheric air pressure caused by the collision of two cold and warm fronts occur. Storms often with strong winds, torrential rains and is causing deforestation, the destruction of buildings and breaking windows. In this study, given the scale of temporal and spatial distribution, wind speed and comprehensiveness of the three threshold size and calculate the 90th percentile wind speed, Forty days pervasive and severe storms were selected. Sea level pressure data and the elevation data of 500hp level were extracted from the database NCEP/NCAR. Matrix was formed that storm was on the rows and elevation data middle levels of the atmosphere, was on the columns. And principal components that explain the variation in height level pressure hp500 were identified. The results showed that the most frequent storms at the thermal equator. April was the most prevalent (33%) and July and August had the lowest number of storm. Five synoptic pattern of atmospheric middle level, in the form of three major causes of severe storms in the Zab River Basin: Cut off low pattern, Shallow trough pattern of long wave and deep trough pattern of short wave. Because of the special arrangement of relatively strong and contrasting surface synoptic, the pressure gradient and energy exchange at its maximum reached compression Isobaric lines and as a result, Strong winds in the catchment area level has been created. The results from the scale distribution of days in each cluster showed that 52% of days with deep traffic rule synoptic pattern happened in May and November (a total of 12 storms) and 26% more in December, January and February (each of the two storms) is assigned. The most frequent traffic synoptic pattern of a synoptic pattern of middle levels and 60% of the patterns assigned to itself, causing severe storms in the Zab River Basin.
-  Asadi, M. Entezari, A. and Akbari, E., (1392), "Locating wind farms in the North East of the country using the AHP and GIS". Geographical Studies of Arid, 14: 11-29.
-  Jahangir, V. Rahimzadeh, F. Kamali, A., (1384), "Wind energy calculation using the two-parameter Weibull distribution". Geographical Research Quarterly, 76: 170-151.
-  Hosseinzadeh, S.R. (1376), "120-day winds of Sistan". Geographical Research Quarterly twelfth year, 46: 127-103.
-  Halabi, A. and Hussein Ali Pvrjzy, F., (1393), "Analysis of the frequency of extreme rainfall events associated with the jet stream and the western shores of the Caspian inclusive". Geographical Research, 112: 220-205.
-  Zolphagharieh, M., (1383), "The synoptic pattern winds with speed more than 36 km per hour in Qom to predict the time that" the Management and Planning Organization of Qom, 326.
-  Raheli Salimi, J., (13) "Evaluation of wind energy potential to generate wind power plant in Natanz," Renewable Energy Development Centre, Atomic Energy Organization, 115.
-  Rezaei Banafshah, M. Jahanbakhsh, S. Dinpaghoh, J. and Ismailpor, M. (1393), "The feasibility of using wind power in the province of Ardabil and Zanjan" Geography Research, Volume 46, 3: 261-274 .
-  Zahedi, M. Salahi, B. and Jamil, M., (1384), "Calculate the energy density and wind power in order to use it in Ardebil" Geographical Research, 53: 55-41.
-  Alamdari, P. Nehmatollahi, O. Sayyed Mojtaba, M. Rajabi, A.A.A., (1390), "The potential of wind energy in this province for the construction of wind power plants" Proceedings of the First International Conference on Emerging Trends in energy conservation Tehran, 30-29 November.
-  Kamijani, f. Nasrollahi, A. Shaherzad, N. and Nazari, N., (1391), "Analysis of the northern coast of Persian Gulf wind pattern based on systematic winds, the sea breeze and land breeze" Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Coasts, Ports and Offshore, 29 November to 1 December 1391, Tehran Olympic Hotel.
-  Weber, R.O. & Furger M., (2001),"Climatology of near-surface winds over Switzerland". International Journal of Climatology, 21: 809-827.
-  Prudhomme, C. and Genevier, M., (2011),"Can atmospheric circulation be linked to flooding in Europe?" Hydrological processes, 25: 1180-1190.
Publication order reference