Innovation and creativity management in enterprises
Languages of publication
Creativity and innovation management presents increasing challenge for contemporary enterprises. For a growing number of companies innovation and creativity are the basis of their competitiveness. Product, process, organizational and marketing innovations need creativity. The paper contains description of tools used in enterprises in the field of innovation and creativity management. It also contains results of surveys carried out in enterprises running their businesses in Poland.
-  R.J. Sternberg, (Ed.), Handbook of Creativity, Cambridge University Press, New York, 1999.
-  Y. Martens, Creative workplace: instrumental and symbolic support for creativity, Facilities, (2011) Vol. 29 Issue 1/2, pp. 63-79.
-  M.A. Devanna, N. Tichy, Creating the competitive organization of the 21st century: the boundaryless corporation, Human Resource Management, (1990) Vol. 29 No. 4, pp. 445-71.
-  C.E. Shalley, Effects of coaction, expected evaluation, and goal setting on creativity and productivity, Academy of Management Journal, (1995),Vol. 38 No. 2, pp. 483-503.
-  R.J. Sternberg, T.I. Luart, Investing in creativity, American Psychologist, (1996) Vol. 51 No. 7, pp. 677-88.
-  P.H. Andersen, H. Kragh, Exploring boundary-spanning practices among creativity managers, Management Decision, (2015) Vol. 53 Issue 4, pp. 786-808.
-  E. Granot, Creative managers and managing creativity: a hermeneutic exploration, American Journal of Business, (2011) Vol. 26 Issue 2 pp. 161-182.
-  J.G. Young, What is creativity?, Journal of Creative Behavior, (1985) Vol. 19 No. 2, pp. 77-87.
-  C.E. Shalley, L.L. Gilson, What leaders need to know: a review of social and contextual factors that can foster or hinder creativity, The Leadership Quarterly, (2004) Vol. 15 No. 1, pp. 33-53.
-  L. Burnett, Finally someone has to get out an ad, in Sandage, C.H. and Fryburger, V. (Eds), The Role of Advertising, Irwin, Homewood, (1960) IL.
-  M. Dahlen, Creativity Unlimited: Thinking Inside the Box for Business Innovation, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, (2008) NJ.
-  A.J. Kover, W.L. James, B.S. Sonner, To whom do advertising creatives write? An inferential answer, Journal of Advertising Research, (1997) Vol. 37 No. 1, pp. 41-53.
-  M.A. Rosenman, J.S. Gero, Creativity in design using a design prototype approach. Modeling Creativity and Knowledge-based Creative Design, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, (1993) NJ.
-  R.W. Woodman, L.F. Schoenfeldt, An interactionist model of creative behavior, The Journal of Creative Behavior, (1990) Vol. 24 No. 4, pp. 279-290.
-  T.M. Amabile, A model of creativity and innovation in organization, Research in Organization Behavior, (1988) Vol. 10, pp. 123-167.
-  M.A. Runco, Personal explicit theories of creativity, The Journal of Creative Behavior, (2000) Vol. 32 No. 1, pp. 1-17.
-  Ch. S. Wu, Ch. J. Lee, L.F. Tsai, Influence of creativity and knowledge sharing on performance, Journal of Technology Management in China, 7(1) (2012) 66.
-  N.C. Wilson, D. Stokes, Managing creativity and innovation, Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, (2005) Vol. 12 Issue 3 pp. 366-378.
-  Sayer, R. Walker, The New Social Economy, Blackwell, Cambridge, (1992) MA.
-  Y.C. Yeh, Biological systemic model for creativity development and the analysis on the insight of its application to scientific and information fields, Education Psychology, (2000) Vol. 32 No. 1, pp. 95-122.
-  M.D. Mumford, G.M. Scott, B. Gaddis, J.M. Strange, Leading creative people: orchestrating expertise and relationships, Leadership Quarterly, (2002) Vol. 13 No. 6, pp. 5-750.
-  G. Vissers, B. Dankhbaar, Creativity in multi-disciplinary new product development teams, Creativity and Innovation Mamagement, (2002) Vol. 11 No. 1, pp. 31-42.
-  A. Sik, Creativity in cross-domain collaborations: searching factors to increase efficiency, Management Research Review, (2016) Vol. 39 Issue 2 pp. 144-166.
-  W. Janssen, P. Goldsworthy, Integrating and managing multi-disciplinary teams in agricultural and natural resource management research, International Service for National Agricultural Research, (1995) Vol. ISNAR Briefing Paper 23.
-  S.E. Jackson, The consequences of diversity in multi-disciplinary work teams, in M.A. West, (Ed.), Handbook of Work Group Psychology, Wiley, (1995) Chichester.
-  L. Giustiniano, S. Lombardi, V. Cavaliere, How knowledge collecting fosters organizational creativity, Management Decision, (2016) Vol. 54 Iss 6 p. 1464-1496.
-  R.W. Woodman, J.E. Sawyer, R.W. Griffin, Toward a theory of organizational creativity, Academy of Management Review, (1993) Vol. 18 No. 2, pp. 293-321.
-  R.M. Kanter, When a thousand flowers bloom: structural, collective, and social conditions for innovation in organisations, in R. Swedberg, (Ed.), Entrepreneurship: the Social Science View, Oxford University Press, (2000) Oxford, pp. 167-210.
-  C. Lettl, C. Herstatt, H. Gemuenden, Users’ contributions to radical innovation: evidence from four cases in the field of medical equipment technology, R & D Management, (2006) Vol. 36 No. 3, pp. 251-272.
-  R. Verganti, Design-driven Innovation, Harvard Business Press, Boston, (2009) MA.
-  M. Bettiol, E. Di Maria, R. Grandinetti, Codification and creativity: knowledge management strategies in KIBS, Journal of Knowledge Management, (2012) Vol. 16 Issue 4, p. 551.
-  S.M. Fosstenløkken, B.R. Løwendahl, Ø. Revang, Knowledge development through client interaction: a comparative study, Organization Science, (2010) Vol. 24 No. 6, pp. 859-79.
-  T. Brown, Design thinking, Harvard Business Review, (2008) Vol. 86 No. 6, pp. 84-92.
-  Nurturing creativity, Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, (2012) Vol. 26 Issue 3 pp. 29-31.
-  J. Wu, N. Wen, W. Dou, J. Chen, Exploring the effectiveness of consumer creativity in online marketing communications, European Journal of Marketing, (2015) Vol. 49 Issue 1/2, pp. 262-276.
-  M. Lee, Y. Kim, H. Lee, Adventure versus gratification: emotional shopping in online auctions, European Journal of Marketing, (2013) Vol. 47 No 1/2, pp. 49-70.
-  Y. Liu, L.J. Shrum, A dual-process model of interactivity effects, Journal of Advertising, (2009) Vol. 38 No. 2, pp. 53-68.
-  E.S. Jay, D.N. Perkins, Problem finding: the search for mechanism, in M.A. Runco, (Ed.), The Creativity Research Handbook, (1997) Vol. 1, Hampton Press, Cresskill, NJ, pp. 257-293.
-  D.J. Treffinger, S.G. Isaksen, K.B. Dorval, Creative problem solving: an overview, in M.A. Runco, (Ed.), Problem Finding, Problem Solving, and Creativity, (1994) Ablex, Norwood, NJ, pp. 223-236.
-  J.E. Burroughs, D.W. Dahl, C.P. Moreau, A. Chattopadhyay, G.J. Gorn, Facilitating and rewarding creativity during new product development, Journal of Marketing, (2011) Vol. 75 No. 4, pp. 53-67.
-  C.P. Moreau, D.W. Dahl, Designing the solution: the impact of constraints on consumers’ creativity, Journal of Consumer Research, (2005) Vol. 32 No. 1, pp. 13-22.
-  A. Sellier, D.W. Dahl, Focus! Creative success is enjoyed through restricted choice, Journal of Marketing Research, (2011) Vol. 48 No. 6, pp. 996-1007.
-  B.A. Bechky, Sharing meaning across occupational communities: the transformation of understanding on a production floor, Organisation Science, (2003) Vol. 3 No. 14, pp. 312-330.
-  S.L. Jarvenpaa, K.R. Lang, Boundary management in online communities: case studies of the Nine Inch Nails and ccMixter Music Remix Sites, Long Range Planning, (2011) Vol. 44 No 5/6, pp. 440-457.
-  R.A. Weinberg, A lost generation, Cell, (2006) Vol. 126 No. 1, pp. 9-10.
-  M.H. Werner, NIH funding: what does the future look like?, Science, (2007) Vol. 316 No. 5822, pp. 198-199.
Publication order reference