Perception on Preventive Maintenance in Civil Engineering Laboratory
Languages of publication
Preventive maintenance as a component of facilities maintenance system is to maximize the useful life of all laboratory system. This descriptive study aimed to assess the effectiveness of the preventive maintenance program of Civil Engineering Department in FEATI University. The individual respondents were drawn from the engineering students and faculty members, and employees of the respondent institution. These are the respondents who used the civil engineering laboratory. It utilized validated researcher-made questionnaire, unstructured interview, and documentary analysis as its data gathering instruments. The data gathered were treated using frequency and percentage count.
-  R. Baslow and L. Hunter, Optimum Preventive Maintenance Policies, Operations Research, (2010)
-  C. Valdez and R. Feldman, A Survey of Preventive Maintenance Models for Stochastically Deteriorating Single‐Unit Systems, Naval Research Logistics, Vol. 36, No. 4, (1989), pp. 419-446.
-  T. U. Ganiron Jr and A. Alaboodi, Cultural Learning Environment in Structural Engineering Courses of Architecture and Civil Engineering Students in Qassim University, Procedia - Social, and Behavioural Sciences Vol. 102, (2013), pp. 300-310.
-  T. Nakagawa, Sequential Imperfect Preventive Maintenance Policies, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 374, (1988), pp. 295-298
-  H. Lie, and Y. H. Chun, An Algorithm for Preventive Maintenance Policy, IEEE Transactions on Reliability. Vol. 35, No.1, (1986), pp.71-75.
-  R. Dekker, Applications of Maintenance Optimization Models: A Review and Analysis, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 51, No. 3, (1996), pp. 229-240.
-  Jardine, L. Daming and D. Banjevic, A Review on Machinery Diagnostics and Prognostics Implementing Condition-Based Maintenance, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 20, No.7, (2006), pp. 1483-1510.
-  H. Lipson, et al. Online Product Maintenance by Web-Based Augmented Reality, New Tools and Workflow for Product Development (1998), pp. 131-143.
-  C. Marquez and G. Jatinder, Contemporary Maintenance Management: Process, Framework and Supporting Pillars, Omega, Vol. 34, No. 3, (2006), pp. 313-326.
-  S. Patel and A. Kamrani, Intelligent Decision Support System for Diagnosis and Maintenance of Automated Systems, Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 2 , (1996), pp. 297-319.
-  R. K. Mobley, An Introduction to Predictive Maintenance, Butterworth-Heinemann, (2002).
-  J. H. Vatn and L. Bodsberg, An Overall Model for Maintenance Optimization, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 51, No. 3, (1996), pp. 241-257.
-  J. Meeuwsen, W. L. Kling, and W. A. G. A. Ploem, The Influence of Protection System Failures and Preventive Maintenance on Protection Systems in Distribution Systems, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 12, No.1, (1997), pp. 125-133.
-  W. Liand H. Pham, An Inspection-Maintenance Model for Systems with Multiple Competing Processes, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 54, No.2. (2005). pp. 318-327.
-  Kajko-Mattsson, Mira, Preventive Maintenance! Do we know what it is?, icsm. 2000.
-  Z. Jiadong, Preventive Maintenance Economic Optimization Model Based on Equipment Availability and Reliability, Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 4. (2010), p. 30.
-  Wang and A. Levenson, Equipment Inclusion Criteria-A New Interpretation of JCAHO's Medical Equipment Management Standard, Journal of Clinical Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 1, (2000), p. 26.
-  W. Woodson, Human Engineering Guide for Equipment Designers, University of California Press, (1954).
-  Blanchard, System Engineering Management, John Wiley & Sons, (2004).
-  S. Martorell, A. Munoz, and V. Serradell, An Approach to Integrating Surveillance and Maintenance Tasks to Prevent the Dominant Failure Causes of Critical Components, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol. 50, No. 2, (1995), pp. 179-187.
-  G. Ottoman, W. B. Nixon, and S. T. Lofgren, Budgeting for Facility Maintenance and Repair, Journal of Management in Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 4,. (1999), pp. 71-83.
Publication order reference