Detection of wormhole attack using cooperative bait detection scheme
Languages of publication
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network is an wireless systems it supports mobile communication in a network. MANETs are affected by several security attacks but it affects the features that are like open medium, dynamical changes in topology, lack of central monitoring and management and it not obtain the clear defence mechanism to MANETs. To prevent or detect malicious nodes launching collaborative wormhole attacks is a challenge. The existing system designs a dynamic source routing (DSR)-based routing mechanism, but it is also referred to as the cooperative bait detection scheme (CBDS) to detect the wormhole attacks effectively. Here we describes the various wormhole attacks and prevention methods for wormhole attack.
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Anna University Regional Centre, Tamil Nadu, India, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Anna University Regional Centre, Tamil Nadu, India, email@example.com
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Anna University Regional Centre, Tamil Nadu, India, firstname.lastname@example.org
-  Baadache A and A. Belmehdi (2010), ‘Avoiding blackhole and cooperative blackhole attacks in wireless ad hoc networks,’ Intl. J. Compute. Sci. Inf. Security, Vol. 7, No. 1.
-  Chang C, Y.Wang, and H. Chao (2007), ‘An efficient Mesh-based core multicast routing protocol on MANETs,’ J. Internet Technol., Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 229-239.
-  Orson’s and J. Macker (1999), RFC 2501, ‘Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET): Routing Protocol Performance Issues and Evaluation Considerations’.
-  Deng H, W. Li, and D. Agrawal (2002), ‘Routing security in wireless ad hoc network,’ IEEE Commun. Mag., Vol. 40, No. 10.
-  Gupta S, Subrat Kar and S Dharmaraja., ‘WHOP: Wormhole Attack Detection Protocol using Hound Packet’.
-  IEEE Standard for Information Technology, IEEE Std 802.11-14997, 1997, Telecommunications and Information exchange between systems: wireless LAN medium access control (MAC) and physical layer.
-  Johnson D and D. Maltz (1996), ‘Dynamic source routing in ad hoc wireless networks,’ Mobile Comput., pp. 153-181.
-  Kozma W and L. Lazos (2009), ‘REAct: resource-efficient accountability for node misbehaviour in ad hoc networks based on random audits,’ in Proc. WiSec, pp. 103-110.
-  Liu K, D. Pramod, K. Varshney, and K. Balakrishnan (2007), ‘An Acknowledgement based approach for the detection of routing misbehavior in MANETs,’ IEEE Trans. Mobile Comput., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 536-550.
-  Marti S, T. J. Giuli, K. Lai, and M. Baker, ‘Mitigating routing misbehaviour in mobile ad hoc networks (2000),’ in Proc. 6th Annu. Intl. Conf. MobiCom, pp. 255-265.
-  Piro C, Clay Shields, Brian Neil Levine (2011), ‘Detecting the Sybil Attack in Mobile Ad hoc Networks’.
-  QualNet Simulaton Tool, Scalable Network Technologies (2013).
-  Ramaswamy Fu S, M.Sreekantaradhya (2003), J. Dixon, and K. Nygard, ‘Prevention of cooperative blackhole attacks in wirelessadhoc networks,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Wireless Network,’ pp. 570-575.
-  Rubin I, A. Behzad, R. Zhang, H. Luo, and E. Caballero (2003), ‘TBONE: A mobile backbone protocol for ad hoc wireless networks,’ in Proc. IEEE Aerosp. Conf., Vol. 6, pp. 2727-2740
-  Tsou P C, J.-M. Chang, H.-C. Chao (2003), and J.-L. Chen, ‘CBDS: A cooperative bait detection scheme to prevent malicious node for MANET based on hybrid defense architecture,’ in Proc. 2nd Intl. Conf. Wireless Commun, VITAE, Chennai, India pp. 1-5.
-  Vasudeva A, Rahul Saha, Mritunjay Kumar Rai, ‘Sybil Attack on Lowest Id Clustering Algorithm in the Mobile Ad Hoc Network’(2012), International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), Vol. 4, No.5.
-  Vishnu K and A. J Paul (2010), ‘Detection and removal of cooperative black/gray hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks,’ Int. J. Comput. Appl., Vol. 1, No. 22, pp. 28-32.
-  Wang W, B. Bhargava, and M. Linderman (2009), ‘Defending against collaborative packet drop attacks on MANETs,’ in Proc. 28th IEEE Int Symp. Reliable Distrib. Syst., New Delhi, India.
-  Weerasinghe H and H. Fu (2007), ‘Preventing cooperative blackhole attacks in mobile ad hoc networks: Simulation implementation and evaluation,’ in Proc. IEEE IC, pp. 362-367.
-  Xue X and K. Nahrstedt (2004), ‘Providing fault-tolerant ad hoc routing service in adversarial environments,’ Wireless Pers. Commun., Vol. 29, pp. 367-388, 2004.
Publication order reference