Fast calculation of a computer-generated hologram for RGB and depth images using a wavefront recording plane method
Languages of publication
n a three-dimensional display by a computer-generated hologram (CGH), fast computation of CGH is required. In this paper, in order to accelerate CGH generation, the following two methods are used; the first method is band-limited double-step Fresnel diffraction. Compared with convolution-based diffraction, such as an angular spectral method, the proposed method requires less computational time and memory. The second method is a wavefront recording plane (WRP) method which reduces the calculation amount by placing WRPs in the vicinity of an object. We succeeded in speeding up CGH calculation by combining both methods.
30 - 9 - 2014
04 - 9 - 2014
30 - 7 - 2014
-  T.C. Poon (Ed.), Digital holography and three-dimensional display: Principles and Applications (Springer, 2006).
-  S.C. Kim, E.S. Kim, Appl. Opt. 47, D55 (2008).
-  K. Matsushima, H. Shimmel, F. Wyrowski, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A. 20, 1755 (2003).
-  M. Yamaguchi, H. Hoshino, T. Honda, N. Ohyama, Proc. SPIE1914, 25 (1993).
-  N. Okada, T. Shimobaba, Y. Ichihashi, R. Oi, K. Yamamoto, M. Oikawa, T. Kakue, N. Masuda, T. Ito, Opt. Expr. 21, 9192 (2013).
-  F. Zhang, I. Yamaguchi, L.P. Yaroslavsky, Opt. Lett. 29, 1668 (2004).
-  T. Shimobaba, N. Masuda, T. Ito, Opt. Lett. 34, 3133 (2009).
-  T. Shimobaba, H. Nakayama, N. Masuda, T. Ito, Opt. Expr. 18 19504 (2010).
-  J. Weng, T. Shimobaba, N. Okada, H. Nakayama, M. Oikawa, N. Masuda, T. Ito, Opt. Expr. 20, 4018 (2012).
-  T. Shimobaba, T. Kakue, N. Masuda, Y. Ichihashi, K. Yamamoto and T. Ito, Computer holography using wavefront recording method, Digital Holography and Three-Dimensional Imaging (DH) DH2013, DTu1A. 2 (2013).
-  A.-H. Phan, M. -l. Piao, S. -K. Gil, N. Kim, Appl. Opt. 53, 4817 (2014).
-  P. Tsang, W. -K. Cheung, T. -C. Poon, C. Zhou, Opt. Expr. 19, 15205 (2011).
Publication order reference