Effects of Spirituality Therapy with Emphasis on Islamic Teachings on the Depression Symptoms and Adaptability of the Students with Abnormal Grief
Languages of publication
Death of an important person is one of the main events in the children’s life which children or teenagers may experience. Indeed, children losses his/her parents, sister, or brother have to achieve a method by which he/she be able to avoid its pressure. The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of spirituality therapy on depression symptoms and adaptability of the students with abnormal grief. The research is a semi-experimental pretest-posttest study with control group. In order to this, a sample of 20 students, who had symptoms of research variables, was selected from statistical population after primary study through convenience sampling method. The sample members were appointed to the control and experimental groups randomly. Data-measurement tools were California individual-social adaptability test and depression test. The reliability and validity of the tests have already been examined and confirmed in past studies. The research data was analyzed in the SPSS through COVARIANCE analysis. The findings of this study revealed that there is a significant difference between performances of experimental and control groups in terms of individual-social adaptability test and depression test after adopting spirituality therapy. Based on the findings of this study, it can be said that spirituality therapy can be effective on decreasing depression symptoms and improving adaptability of the students with abnormal grief significantly.
-  Izadfar, D. (2001). Comparing social growth and personality traits of orphan students with normal students in the city of Shahrekord high schools, M.A. thesis, Faculty of Educational Sciences and Psychology, University of Isfahan.
-  Shaw, J. A., & Espinel, Z., & Shultz, J. M. (2007). Children: stress trauma and disasters, children bereavement.
-  Sadock, B. J., & Alkot, S. V. (2008). Summary of psychiatry: behavioral sciences/clinical Psychiatry, translated to Persian by Rezaei and Rafiei. Tehran: Arjmand publication.
-  Taghva F., The Effect of Cognitive-behavioral Treatment on Depression Symptoms and Adaptability of the Students with Abnormal Grief. World Scientific News 46 (2016) 233-243.
-  Sadock, J., Sadock, A. (2011). Summary of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences Clinical psychoiatry. Tehran: Arjomand publications.
-  Berk, L. (2009). Psychology of growth. Tehran: Arasbaran publication.
-  Yaseminazhad, P., Faizabadifarahani, Z., Golmohamadian, M., & Naderi, N. (2013). The relationship between public health and procrastination. Journal of Clinical Psychology and Personality 20(8): 35-46.
-  Bahramiehsan, H., Tamanaeifar, S., & Bahramiehsan, Z. (2005). The relationship between religious orientation, mental health and psychological disorders. Iranian Journal of Psychology 2(5): 35-42.
Publication order reference