Higher Solar Cell Efficiency Achieved with ZnO/Si heterojuction
Languages of publication
In this work, the zinc oxide nanoparticles were prepared chemically and deposited by casting style on glass bases and treated thermally at a temperature of 600 °C. The study focused on Optical and structural properties of thin films. An optical advantages of Zinc Oxide (ZnO) were characterized by using ultraviolet visible Spectroscopy. And the structure by using X-Ray Diffraction and (AFM). The optical advantages of thin films were studied by recording the transmittance spectra of wavelengths range (300-900 nm). The energy gap was calculated using tauc equation and is found (3 eV). I-V properties of the solar cell under light at 40 mW/cm2 flounce was investigated. The open circuit Voltage (Voc) was 33 and Short-circuit density (Isc) was 0.017 mA. This measurements show that the fill factor (F.F) and conversation efficiency (η), were 55% and 9.9% respectively.
-  H. Kim, C. M. Gilmore, Zinc Oxide bulk, Thin films and Nano structures. App1. Phys. Lett. V. 76, (2000) 259.
-  B. Murate, Turk. J. Phys. V. 28, (2004) 379.
-  R. Baron, F. W. Campbell, I. Streeter, L. Xiao, R. G. Compton, Int, J.Electrochem. Sci. V. 3. (2008) 556.
-  Todd Stiner, Semiconductor Nanostructures for optoelectronic Applications. Artech House, ISBN 1 (2004). 58053-751-0, Boston-London.
-  S. Lindroos and G. Rusu, J. Optoelectron. Adv. Materials, V. 7, No. 2, (2005) 817.
-  E. Kashevsky, V.E. Agabekov, S.B. Kashevsky, K.A. Kekalo, E.Y. Manina, I.V. Prokhorov, V.S. Ulshchikk, study of cobalt ferrite nanosuspensions for low-frequency feromagnetic hyperthermia. Particology 6 (2008) 322-333.
-  W.L. Bragg, The Structure of Magnetic and the spinels, Nature 95 (1915) 561-561.
-  B.D. Cullity, Element of X-ray diffraction, addision-wesley, reading, (1972) 102.
-  S.A. Taha, I.M. Ibrahim, N.A. Khalefea, I-V Characteristic of CdO/PS Hetrojunction, IJAIEM 3 (2014) 143-148.
-  N.E. Makori, I.A.Karimi, and W.K. Njoroge, characterization of SnSe-CdO: Sn Pn junction for solar cell applications, International Journal of Energy Engineering 5 (2015) 1-4.
-  Z.W Pan, et al. Science, 291 (2001), p. 1947
-  M.S Arnold, et al. J. Phys. Chem. B, 107 (3) (2003), p. 659
-  E Comini, et al. Appl. Phys. Lett. 81 (10) (2002), p. 1869
Publication order reference