Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of pyrazolo chalcone compounds
Languages of publication
Some new pyrazolo chalcone compounds were synthesized and their structure characterization was done by spectroscopic techniques such as FT-IR, 1H NMR and mass. Screenings of all these synthesized compounds were done in vitro against some bacterial and fungal strains in dimethyl sulphoxide and N,N-dimethyl formamide using agar well diffusion method. It is observed that N,N-dimethyl formamide is good solvent for these compounds in selected strains.
-  J. A. Reis, A. T. Paula, S. N. Casarotti, A. L. B. Penna, Lactic Acid Bacteria Antimicrobial Compounds: Characteristics and Applications, Food Eng Rev. 2012, 4, 124.
-  J. Schnu¨rer, J. Magnusson, Antifungal lactic acid bacteria as biopreservatives, Trend Food Sci Technol. 16(1-3) (2005) 70–78.
-  C. Torborga and M. Beller, Recent Applications of Palladium-Catalyzed Coupling Reactions in the Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, and Fine Chemical Industries, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2009, 351(18), 3027-3043.
-  E. Moorkens, N. Meuwissen, I. Huys, P. Declerck, A. G. Vulto, S. Simoens, The market of pharmaceutical Medicines: A Snapshot of a diverse Industrial Landscape, Front. Pharmacol, 8 (2017) 1-12.
-  C. Adlhart, J. Verran, N. F. Azevedo, H. Olmez, M. M. Keina¨nen-Toivola, I. Gouveia, L. F. Melo, F. Crijns, Surface modifications for antimicrobial effects in the healthcare setting: a critical overview, J Hospital Infection, 99(3) (2018) 239-249. doi: 10.1016/j.jhin.2018.01.018
-  J. Berdy, Thoughts and facts about antibiotics: Where we are now and where we are heading, J. Antibiotics, 65 (2012) 385-395.
-  C. G. Daughton, I. S. Ruhoy, Lower-dose prescribing: Minimizing “side effects” of pharmaceuticals on society and the environment, Sci. Total Environ 443 (2013) 324-337.
-  S. B. Singh, Confronting the challenges of discovery of novel antibacterial agents, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett 24(16) (2014) 3683-3689.
-  D. M. Song, K. H. Jung, J. H. Moon, Photochemistry of chalcone and the application of chalcone-derivatives in photo-alignment layer of liquid crystal display, Optical Materials, 21(1-3) (2002) 667–671.
-  H. Kang, Y. S. Choi, D. Kang, J. C. Lee, Photoalignment behaviour on polystyrene films containing chalcone moieties, Liq. Cryst. 42(2) (2015) 189–197.
-  K. V. Sashidhara, A. Kumar, M. Kumar, J. Sarkar, S. Sinha, Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of novel coumarin–chalcone hybrids as potential anticancer agents, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 20(24) (2010) 7205-7211.
-  B. P. Bandgar, S. S. Gawande, R. G. Bodade, J. V. Totre, C. N. Khobragade, Synthesis and biological evaluation of simple methoxylated chalcones as anticancer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 18 (3) (2010) 1364-1370.
-  Kamal, G. Ramakrishna, P. Raju, A. Viswanath, M. J. Ramaiah, G. Balakishan, M. Pal-Bhadra, Synthesis and anti-cancer activity of chalcone linked imidazolones, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 20(16) (2010) 4865-4869.
-  S. Koneni, M. Kumar, R. Modukuri, R. Shukla, Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of novel biscoumarin–chalcone hybrids, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 21 (2011) 4480-4484.
-  Y. Chen, W. Wang, Y. Wang, Z. Lin, C. Wen Chern, C. Molecules, Evaluation of the Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Chalcone and Chalcone Analogues in a Zebrafish Model. Molecules 18(2) (2013) 2052-2060.
-  K. V. Sashidhara, S. R. Avula, V. Mishra, G. R. Palnati, L. R. Singh, N. Singh, Y. S. Chhonker, P. Swami, R. S. Bhatta, G. Identification of quinoline-chalcone hybrids as potential antiulcer agents, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 89 (2015) 638-653.
-  Anil, M. Ulger, B. G. Erturk, E. Kaplan, A. Dogen, G. Design of potent fluoro-substituted chalcones as antimicrobial agents, J. Aslan, Enzym. Inhib. Med. Chem. 32(1) (2017) 490–495.
-  Babii, G. Mihalache, L. Gabriel Bahrin, A. Neagu, I. Gostin, C. Teodor Mihai, L. Saˆrbu, L. Mihail Birsa, M. Stefan, A novel synthetic flavonoid with potent antibacterial properties: In vitro activity and proposed mode of action, Plos One, 13(4) (2018) 1-15.
-  N. S. Rao, C. Kistareddy, B. Bhavani, R. Bhavani, Chem. J. 13 (2013) 143-148. Rao, N. S., Kistareddy, C., Bhavani, B. and Bhavani, R. 2013. Synthesis, Antibacterial and Antifungal Activity of some Novel Chalcone Derivatives Derived from Apocynin. Chemistry Journal 3(6) 143-148.
-  R. Ferrer, G. Lobo, N. Gamboa, J. Rodrigues, C. Abramjuk, K. Jung, M. Lein, J. E. Charris, Synthesis of [(7-Chloroquinolin-4-yl)amino]chalcones: Potential Antimalarial and Anticancer Agents, Sci. Pharm. 77(4) (2009) 725-741.
-  M. V. Jyothi, Y. R. Prasad, P. Venkatesh, M. Sureshreddy, Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Some Novel Chalcones of 3-Acetyl Pyridine and their Pyrimidine Derivatives, Chem. Sci. Trans. (3)1 (2012) 716-722.
-  B. Sharifzadeh, N. O. Mahmoodi, M. Mamaghani, K. Tabatabaeian, A. S. Chirani, I. Nikokar, One-pot synthesis of novel 2-(thiazol-2-yl)-4, 5-dihydropyridazin-3(2h)-one derivatives catalyzed by activated KSF, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 23(2) (2013) 548–551.
-  P. Singh, A. Anand, V. Kumar, Recent developments in biological activities of chalcones: A mini revie, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 85 (2014) 758-777.
-  J. H. Wu, X. H. Wang, Y. H. Yi, K. H. Lee, Anti-AIDS agents 54. A potent anti-HIV chalcone and flavonoids from genus Desmos, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 13(10) (2003) 1813-1815.
-  S. U. F. Rizvi, H. L. Siddiqui, M. Johns, M. Detorio, R. F. Schinazi, Anti-HIV-1 and cytotoxicity studies of piperidyl-thienyl chalcones and their 2-pyrazoline derivatives, Med. Chem. Res. 21(11) (2012) 3741–3749.
-  R. Abonia, D. Insuasty, J. Castillo, B. Insuasty, J. Quiroga, M. Nogueras, J. Cobo, Synthesis of novel quinoline-2-one based chalcones of potential anti-tumor activity, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 57 (2012) 29-40.
-  S. C. Karad, V. B. Purohit, P. Thakor, V. R. Thakkar, D. K. Raval, Novel morpholinoquinoline nucleus clubbed with pyrazoline scaffolds: Synthesis, antibacterial, antitubercular and antimalarial activities, Eur. J. Med. Chem. 112 (2016) 270-279.
-  T. L. Biá Ventura, S. D. Calixto, B. A. Abrahim-Vieira, A. Mendonça, T. de Souza, M. V. P. Mello, C. R. Rodrigues, L. S. de Mariz e Miranda, R. O. M. Alves de Souza, I. C. R. Leal, E. B. Lasunskaia, M. F. Muzitano, Antimycobacterial and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Substituted Chalcones Focusing on an Anti-Tuberculosis Dual Treatment Approach. Molecules, 20(5) (2015) 8072-8093.
-  K. V. Sashidhara, A. Kumar, M. Kumar, J. Sarkar, S. Sinha, Antimycobacterial and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Substituted Chalcones Focusing on an Anti-Tuberculosis Dual Treatment Approach, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 20(5) (2010) 7205–7211.
-  B. P. Bandgar, S. S. Gawande, R. G. Bodade, J. V. Totre, C. N. Khobragade, Synthesis and biological evaluation of simple methoxylated chalcones as anticancer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 18 (3) (2010) 1364–1370.
-  Kamal, G. Ramakrishna, P. Raju, A. Viswanath, M. J. Ramaiah, G. Balakishan, M. Pal-Bhadra, Synthesis and anti-cancer activity of chalcone linked imidazolones, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 20(16), (2010) 4865–4869.
-  M. Wu, K. W. Lin, C. H. Teng, A. M. Huang, Y. C Chen, M. H Yen, W. B Wu, Y. S. Pu, C. N. Lin, Chalcone Derivatives Inhibit Human Platelet Aggregation and Inhibit Growth in Human Bladder Cancer Cells, Biol. Pharm. Bull. 37 (2014) 1191–1198.
-  L. M. Zhao, H. S Jin, L. P Sun, H. R Piao, Z. S Quana, Synthesis and evaluation of antiplatelet activity of trihydroxy chalcone derivatives, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 15(22) (2005) 5027–5029.
-  C. N Lin, H. K Hsieh, H. H Ko, M. F. Hsu, H. C. Lin, Y. L. Chang, M. I. Chung, J. Joukang, J. P. Wang, C. M. Teng, Chalcones as potent antiplatelet agents and calcium channel blockers, Drug Dev. Res. 53(1) (2001) 9-14.
-  H. I. El-Subbagh, S. M. Abu-Zaid, M. A. Mahran, F. A. Badria, A. M. Al-Obaid, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Certain α,β-Unsaturated Ketones and Their Corresponding Fused Pyridines as Antiviral and Cytotoxic Agents, J. Med. Chem. 43(15) (2000) 2915-2921.
-  Z. Wan, D. Hu, P. Li, D. Xie, X. Gan, Synthesis, Antiviral Bioactivity of Novel 4-Thioquinazoline Derivatives Containing Chalcone Moiety, Molecules, 20(7) (2015) 11861-11874.
-  J. C. Trivedi, J. B. B. Kuldip D. Upadhyay, Y. T. Naliapara, S. K. Joshi, C. C. Pannecouque, E. De Clercqd, A. K. Shah, Improved and rapid synthesis of new coumarinyl chalcone derivatives and their antiviral activity, Tetrahedron Lett. 48 (2007) 8472–8474.
-  J. A. Riddick, W B Bunger and T Sakano, Organic Solvents, Physical Properties and Methods of Purification, Tech Chem, 4th Ed. New York, 1986.
-  J. Parekh, P. Nair, S. Baluja, S. Chanda, Synthesis and antibacterial activity of some Schiff bases derived from 4-aminobenzoic acid, J. Serb. Chem. Soc. 70(10) (2005) 1155-1161.
Publication order reference