Limnological study of Lentic Fresh Water Ecosystem during Summer Season: Nakki Lake-Mount Abu, Rajasthan, India
Languages of publication
Limnological parameter plays a key role in determining the ecological biodiversity. Planktonic diversity can be considered as a major key factor for determining the portability of water. Nakki Lake has the greatest importance amongst the localised. With a seasonal survey, the specific status of limnological characteristic and planktonic diversity in Nakki Lake have been studied through different weather cycles (2017) across three region based on the geography and in contact with human population over top and bottom water samples. With moderately alkaline water (pH 7.08), alkalinity of (102.16 mg/l) and other limnological parameters showed low mean values including TDS (161.83 mg/l), chloride (109.73 mg/l), and hardness (95.66 mg/l). The average dissolved oxygen levels were at 5.75 mg/l while average nitrate and sulphate levels were 31.19 mg/l and 123.73 mg/l respectively. Based on the results of quality parameters of water and soil, Nakki Lake is eutrophic.
-  Sawanth R.S. AB. Telare, P.D. Desai and J.S. Desai. Variations in Hydro biological characteristics of Atyal pond in Gondhinglaj Tahasil.Dist. Kolhapur, Maharastra. Nature Env. & Poln Tech 9(2): (2010) 273-278.
-  Shinde S.E., T.S. Patnon, K.S. Rant, P.R. More and D.L. Sonawane. Seasonal variations in Physico – chemical characteristics of Morsool Savangidam, district Aurangabad, India. The Ecoscon. 4(1): (2010) 37 – 49.
-  Hosmani. S.P. Phytoplankton diversity in Lakes of Mysore District, Karnataka State, India. The Ecoscon 4(1) (2010) 53-57.
-  Bhosale L.J, S.M. Patil, S.N Dhumal and S.S. Sale. Occurrence of phytoplankton in the water bodies of Miraj Tahasil of Maharashtra. The Ecoscan 4 (2010) 73-76.
-  Sharma Riddhi, Sharma Vipul, Sharma Madhu Sudan, Verma Bhoopendra Kumar, Modi Rachana and Gaur Kuldeep Singh. Studies on Limnological Characteristic, Planktonic Diversity and Fishes (Species) in Lake Pichhola, Udaipur, Rajasthan (India). Universal Journal of Environmental Research and Technology, Volume 1, Issue 3: (2011) 274-285.
-  V.K Balali, L.L Sharma and N.C Ujjania. Limnological study of Jaisamand Lake (India) and its suitability for aquaculture and fisheries. International Journal of Applied and Pure Science and Agriculture Volume 02, Issue 1, January – 2016.
-  APHA. (2005): Standard Methods for the Examination of water and Waste water, American Public Health Association, 21st Ed.
-  Day, F. (1878): The Fishes of India: Being a Natural History of The Fishes known to inhabit the Seas and Fresh Waters of India, Burma and Ceylon. Texts Atlas (fourth Indian Reprint 1994) – Jagmander Book Agency (formerly today and tomorrows Book agency). New Delhi Text 778, Atlas 204 pp.
-  Edmondson, W. T. Fresh Water Biology. IInd Ed. John Wiley and Sons. Inc. New York. (1992): 1248pp.
-  Ahmed S., D. K. Sterans and G. Shelke. An innovative Index for evaluating water quality in streams. Environmental Management 34(3), 406-414 (2004).
-  Aiyaz R. Mir, A. Wangones, A.R. Yoursef and Wanyanes 2010. Diversity Index of algal flora in Water Lake. Kashmir. Nature Envi. & Pol Tech. 9 (2): 293-298.
-  Arvind Kumar and M.C. Vayma. Spectrum of Plankton abundance in certain lotic systems of Jharkhand, India. Indian. J. Environ & Ecoplan 16 (2-3): 633-654 (2009).
-  Basavarajappa, S.H, N.S. Raju, S.P. Hosmani and S.R. Niranjana. Freshwater diatoms as indicators of water quality of some important lakes of Mysore. Indian Hydrobiology, 14(1): 42-52 (2011)
-  Bhosale L.J, S.M. Patil, S.N Dhumal and S.S. Sale. Occurrence of phytoplankton in the water bodies of Miraj Tahasil of Maharashtra. The Ecoscan 4: 73-76 (2010)
-  Bhuiyan J.R. and S. Gupta. A comparative hydro biological study of few ponds of Barak valley, Assam and their role on sustainable water resources. J. Environ Biol 2007, 28(4), 801-805.
-  Cude C. Oregon water quality index. Tool for evaluating water quality management effectiveness. Journal of American Water Resources Association 37: 125-137 (2001).
-  Borse, S.K. and P.V. Bhave. Seasonal temperature variation and their influence on the level of water. Jalgoan (Maharashtra). Asian Journal of Mrcrobial. Biotech. and Env. Sci. 2 (3-4): 159-163 (2000).
-  De la Rey P.A, J.C. Taylor, Vanceburg L and Vosloo A. Determining the possible application value of Diatoms as indicators of general water Quality. A composition with SASS 5" water Sa 30; 325-332 (2004).
-  Hosmani,S.P Assessment of water quality of Hassan Lakes using NSF-Water Quality Index. Indian Journal of Applied Research 1(3): 18-19 (2011)
-  Eloranta P. and Goininen J. Ecological status of some Finish Rivers Evaluated using Benthic Diatoms Communities. Journal of Applied Phyocology 14: 1-7 (2002)
-  Gevrey, M., Rimet F., Pork Y. S., Giranold J. L., Ector L. and Lell S. Water quality assessment using diatoms assemblages and advanced modelling techniques. Fresh Water Biology 49: 208-220 (2001).
-  Hosmani S.P. Algal biodiversity in Fresh waters and related Physico-chemical factors. Nature Env. Poll. Tech. 5(1): 37-40 (2006).
-  Gomez N and Liuer Si. M. “The Pompeian Diatom Index (IDP) for Assessment of Rivers and Streams in Argentina. Aquative Ecology 5: 173-181 (2001)
-  Hosmani, S.P., M.K. Mahesh and Alakananda B. Water Quality Index (WQI) for protection of aquatic life in Lakes of Mysore, Karnataka State, India. International Journal of Lakes and Rivers. 5 (1): 91-102 (2011).
Publication order reference