The DMAIC cycle in managing the development of work potential in service enterprise
Languages of publication
The objective of the analysis conducted and described in this paper is to present the practical application of the DMAIC cycle in managing the development of work potential in service enterprise. The first part of the article contains the theoretical framework of work potential, its development, and the DMAIC methodology. Afterwards, based on the process approach to work potential development, practical application of the DMAIC cycle has been presented with using an anonymous survey to measure and analyze the problem, the 5Why method for finding the causes, and the Impact and Effort Matrix in improvement phase to choose the solutions worth implementing.
-  R. Peter, J. Trim, Human resource management development and strategic management enhanced by simulation exercises. Journal of Management Development, 23(4) (2004) 399-413
-  S. Harald, S. Harung, Total management: integrating manager, managing and managed. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 11(2) (1996) 4-21
-  D. Lamond, A Matter of Style: Reconciling Henri and Henry. Management Decision, 42(2) (2004) 330-356
-  J. Leung, B.H. Kleiner, Effective management in the food industry. Management Research, 27(4/5) (2004) 72-81
-  P. McDonald, P., Teaching the concept of management: Perspectives from ‘six honest serving men’. Journal of Management and Organization, 16(5) (2010) 626-640.
-  P.B. Southard, C. Chandra, S. Kumar, S., RFID in healthcare: a Six Sigma DMAIC and simulation case study. International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, 25(4) (2012) 291-321
-  I. Sealy, W. Wehrmeyer, C. France, M. Leach, M., Sustainable development management systems in global business organizations. Management Research Review, 33(11) (2010) 1083-1096
-  R. Bawden, O. Zuber-Skerritt, O., The concept of process management. The Learning Organization, 9(3) (2002) 132-139
-  M. Sharabi, M., Managing and improving service quality. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, 5(3) (2013) 309-320
-  L.A. Storch, E.O. Benitez Nara, L.M. Kipper, L.M., The use of process management based on a systematic approach. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 62(7) (2013) 758-773.
-  S. Hertz, J.K. Johansson, F. de Jager, F., Customer-oriented cost putting: process management at Volvo. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 6(3) (2002) 128-142
-  K. Kowalik, K., Six Sigma as a method of improving the quality of service process. Production Engineering Archives, 19 (2018) 10-15
-  J. Mendling, B. Baesens, A. Bernstein, M. Fellmann, M., Challenges of smart business process management: An introduction to the special issue. Decision Support Systems, 100 (2017) 1-5
-  M. Smętowska, B. Mrugalska, B., Using Six Sigma DMAIC to improve the quality of the production process: a case study. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 238 (2017) 590-596
-  J. Antony, R. Banuelas, Six Sigma: A Business Strategy for Manufacturing Organization. Manufacturing Engineering, 8(3) (2001) 119-121
-  K. Kowalik, D. Klimecka-Tatar, D., The process approach to service quality management. Production Engineering Archives, 18 (2018) 31-34
-  S. Kumar, E. Strandlund, D. Thomas, D., Improved service system design using Six Sigma DMAIC for a major US consumer electronics and appliance retailer. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 36(12) (2008) 970-994
-  P. Mishra, R.K. Sharma, R.K., A hybrid framework based on SIPOC and Six Sigma DMAIC for improving process dimensions in supply chain network. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 31(5) (2014) 522-546.
-  E.C. Jones, M.M. Parast, S.G. Adams. A framework for effective Six Sigma implementation. Total Quality Management, 21(4) (2010) 415-424
-  D. Ruth, Management development in New Zealand. Journal of European Industrial Training, 31(1) (2007) 52-67.
-  P. Mandal, P., Improving process improvement: executing the analyze and improve phases of DMAIC better. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 3(3) (2012) 231-250
-  A. Prashar, A., Adoption of Six Sigma DMAIC to reduce cost of poor quality. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 63(1) (2014) 103-126
-  M.S. Raisinghani, H. Ette, R. Pierce, G. Cannon, P. Daripaly, Six Sigma: concepts, tools, and applications. Industrial Management and Data Systems, 105 (2005) 491-505
-  R. Snee, R., Six Sigma: the Evolution of 100 years of Business Improvement Methodology. International Journal of Six Sigma and Competitive Advantage, 1(1) (2004) 4-20
-  M. Uluskan, M., A comprehensive insight into the Six Sigma DMAIC toolbox. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma, 7(4) (2016) 406-429
Publication order reference