Smart Agriculture Monitoring using Energy Harvesting Internet of Things (EH-IoT)
Languages of publication
The internet of Things (IoT) are now a days being used for the smart agriculture monitoring and control applications. Small wireless sensor networks (WSN) are used as IoT nodes in agriculture monitoring which is very much similar to those used in Industries, Process control, Building Automation and Security Systems. In this paper, we propose IoT sensor nodes which are powered by solar energy are used for monitoring and control of agriculture fields. The monitoring and control in agriculture fileds include operations like crops managements, crops harvesting, water supply control, animal control, pesticide distribution, humidity and temperature measurement applications.
-  Johan J. Estrada-López, Alejandro A. Castillo-Atoche, Javier Vázquez-Castillo, Edgar Sánchez-Sinencio. Smart Soil Parameters Estimation System Using an Autonomous Wireless Sensor Network with Dynamic Power Management Strategy. IEEE Sensors Journal, Volume: 18, Issue: 21, pp. 8913-8923, 2018.
-  Nurzaman Ahmed; Debashis De; Md. Iftekhar Hussain. Internet of Things (IoT) for Smart Precision Agriculture and Farming in Rural Areas. IEEE Internet of Things Journal Volume: 5, Issue: 6, Dec. 2018, Page(s): 4890-4899. DOI:10.1109/JIOT.2018.2879579
-  Himanshu Sharma, Ahteshamul Haque, and Zainul A. Jaffery. Modelling and Optimisation of a Solar Energy Harvesting System for Wireless Sensor Network Nodes. Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks Vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 40, September 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/jsan7030040
-  V. Vijayhari Ram; H. Vishal; S. Dhanalakshmi; P. Meenakshi Vidya. Regulation of water in agriculture field using Internet of Things. IEEE Technological Innovation in ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development 2015, pp. 112-115
-  K. A. Patil; N. R. Kale, A model for smart agriculture using IoT. IEEE International Conference on Global Trends in Signal Processing, Information Computing and Communication pp. 543-545, 2016.
-  Ram Krishna Jha; Santosh Kumar; Kireet Joshi; Rajneesh Pandey. Field monitoring using IoT in agriculture. 2017 International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Instrumentation and Control Technologies (ICICICT), 2017, pp. 1417-1420.
-  Himanshu Sharma, Ahteshamul Haque, and Zainul A. Jaffery. Solar energy harvesting wireless sensor network nodes: A survey. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, vol. 10, no.2, pp 1-33, March 2018. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5006619
Publication order reference