Trends Analysis of Wind in Srinagar Garhwal Valley, Uttarakhand, India
Languages of publication
Wind results from the air in motion. Air in motion arises from a pressure gradient. Wind direction and wind speed are two characteristics of the wind, whose inter-relationships may give us an insight into the prevailing weather condition at a particular place. This study examines the trend analysis of the wind direction and wind speed pattern of Srinagar Garhwal Valley, Uttarakhand. The average wind speed in Srinagar Valley is 2.923± 1.232 m/s. As it is seen the most frequent wind in Srinagar Garhwal has a speed from 0.50 to 2.10 m/s in the northwest direction.
-  Dauta, I., Razlianab, A.R.N., Irwanc, Y.M., and Farhana, Z. 2012. A Study on the Wind as Renewable Energy in Perlis, Northern Malaysia. Energy Procedia 18: 1428-1433.
-  Fujibe, F. 2009. Relation between Long-term Temperature and Wind Speed Trends at Surface Observation Stations in Japan. SOLA 5: 081-084. https://doi.org/10.2151/sola.2009-021
-  Fujibe, F., 2003: Long-term changes in wind speed observed at AMeDAS stations. Tenki 50: 457-460, (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  Fujibe F (2011) Review: urban warming in Japanese cities and its relation to climate change monitoring. Int J Climatol 31: 162–173. https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.2142
-  Kaplya, E.V.2014. Statistical Model of the Dynamics of Wind Speed and Wind Direction. Russian Meteorology and Hydrology 39(12): 804–808.
-  Aastha Pudasainee, R. B. Ojha, Climate change: Policy and Politics. World News of Natural Sciences 13 (2017) 43-51
-  Milborrow, D. (2002). Wind energy technology-the state of the art. J. Power Energy 216: 23-30
-  Negi, R. S., Gautam, A.S. and Singh, S. 2018. Temperature and Rainfall Trend in Alaknanda Valley Srinagar Garhwal, Uttarakhand, India. World Scientific News 108 207-214.
Publication order reference