Companies and digital space
Languages of publication
This article presents contemporary companies, which function or intend to function in cyberspace. It stressed certain aspects concerning communication between a company and its surroundings as well as tools that should be used to maintain and even increase competitive advantage. What is more, the article shows the aspects of company’s proper functioning within presented area that should be born in mind, as these aspects prevent companies from making mistakes while deciding to operate in the offline and online world. In the research section, there were presented polish companies which are digitalised. The article demonstrated contemporary tools and communication channels with a client, sales channels, places where consumers may gain information. Attention was also focused on monitoring of the information flow that is of increasing importance for enterprises operating in cyberspace.
-  D. C. Edelman. Branding in the Digital Age: You’re Spending Your Money in All the Wrong Places. Harvard Business Review, December 2010.
-  M. Hirt, P. Willmott, Strategic principles for competing In the digital age, McKinsey Quarterly, 05. 2014, p. 1.
-  D. L. Williams, V. L. Crittenden, T. Keo, P. McCarty, The use of social media: an exploratory study of Osage among digital natives, Journal of Public Affairs, 2012.
-  P. G. Maropoulos, Digital enterprises technology –defining perspectives and research priorities, International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 2003, 468.
-  Wiendahl, H.-P. and Lutz, S., Production in Networks, Annals of the CIRP, 51, 2, 2002.
-  Maropoulos, P. G., A novel process planning architecture for product based manufacture, Proc. Instn Mech Engrs, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 209(4) (1995) 267-276.
-  Maropoulos, P. G., Aggregate Product and Process Modelling for the Welding of Complex Fabrications, Annals of the CIRP, 48(1) (1999) 401-404.
-  Chester J. Digital Destiny, New Media and the Future of Democracy. New York: New Press, 2007.
-  Chester J, Montgomery KC. Interactive Food & Beverage Marketing: Targeting Children and Youth in the Digital Age. Berkeley Media Studies Group. May 2007.
-  Walsh M. Study: Mobile teens almost tapped out. Online Media Daily. July 1, (2008)
-  Marcus H, Nurius P. Possible selves. Am Psychol 41 (1986) 954–69.
-  Stern S. Producing sites, Exploring identities: Youth online authorship. In: Buckingham D, ed. Youth, Identity, and Digital Media. Cambridge, MA, MIT Press, (2007), 99-117.
-  K. C. Montgomery, J. Chester, Interactive Food and beverage Marketing: Targeting Adolescents In the Digital Age, Journal of Adolescent Health 45 (2009), p. 20.
-  Montgomery KC. Generation Digital: Politics, Commerce, and Childhood in the Age of the Internet. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2007.
-  Hughes M. Buzzmarketing: Get People to Talk About Your Stuff. New York, Portfolio, 2005.
-  K. C. Montgomery, J. Chester, Interactive Food and beverage Marketing: Targeting Adolescents In the Digital Age, Journal of Adolescent Health 45 (2009) 22.
-  GaMeasure [Online]. Available at: http://www.gameasure.com/ Accessed january 16, 2017.
-  Gaudiosi J. Google gets in-game with Adscape. The Hollywood Reporter. March 20, 2007 [Online]. Available at: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/business/news/e3i898ca0de1754206ae43bdbc6ee2d9ffd Accessed January 16, 2017
-  Shields M. In-game ads could reach 2 Bil. Adweek. April 12, 2006 [Online]. Available at: http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_displayjsp?vnu_content_idĽ1002343563 Accessed January 16, (2017)
-  Stern S. Producing sites: Exploring identities: Youth online authorship. In: Buckingham D, ed. Youth, Identity, and Digital Media. Cambridge, MA, MIT Press, (2007), 99-117.
-  Kunkel D. The role of research in the regulation of children’s television advertising. Knowledge Creation Diffusion Utilization 12 (1990) 101-119.
-  John DR. Consumer socialization of children: A retrospective look at twenty-five years of research. J Consum Res 26 (1999) 183-213.
-  John DR. Through the eyes of a child: Children’s knowledge and understanding of advertising. In: Macklin MC, Carlson L, eds. Advertising to Children: Concepts and Controversies. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 1999, 3-26.
-  Kunkel D, Wilcox BL., Cantor J., et al. Report of the APA Task Force on Advertising and Children. February 20, (2004) [Online]. Available at: http://www.apa.org/releases/childrenads.pdf Accessed January 16, (2017).
-  Valkenburg P. M. Media and youth consumerism. J Adolesc Health (2000), p. 27: 52-6.
-  Wright P, Friestad M, Boush DM. The development of market place persuasion knowledge in children, adolescents, and young adults. Public Policy Marketing 24 (2005) 222-223.
-  Raport badania „Biznes w Sieci”, IAB Polska 2016.
-  The Consequences of Ignoring Your Customers, A Survey of Consumer Expectationsfor Customer Service on Social Media Platforms, Conversocial., The Social Habit, Convince & Convert, Edison Research, Raport badania „Biznes w Sieci”, IAB Polska 2016, p. 16.
Publication order reference