Comparative analysis and benefits of digital library over traditional library
Languages of publication
The paper reviews the relevance of Information Communication Technology (ICT) as related to other professions especially, the Library professions. The importance, advantages and limitations of digital library over the traditional library were emphasized. The comparative analyses of the two types of libraries were also discussed. Governments in all tiers of the Nation and Legislators were advised to make policies and legislate bills respectively that can advance the present state of the National grid and improve on the Internet technology infrastructures which are major factors that can drive digitization.
-  Adams, W.J., Jansen, B.J., & Smith, T. (1999). Planning, building, and using a distributed digital library.Third International Conference on Concepts in Library and Information Science. Dubrovnik, Croatia. Available: http://ist.psu.edu/faculty_pages/jjansen/academic/pubs/colis99/colis99.html
-  Bush, V. (1945). As we may think. Atlantic Monthly (July)
-  DESIDOC Bulletin of Information Technology 17(6) (November 1997) (Special Issue on Digital Libraries).
-  Digital Library (1995). Communication of the ACM. (April).
-  Fox, E.A. (1999). The Digital Libraries Initiative: Update and discussion. Bulletin of the America Society for Information Science 26(1):October/November.
-  Gopal, K. (2000). Digital libraries in electronic information era. New Delhi: Author Press.
-  Greenstein, D.I., & Thorin, S.E. (2002). The digital library: A biography.Digital Library Federation.
-  Jebaraj, D., & Deivasigamani, M. (2003). The electronic library: An Indian scenario. Library Philosophy and Practice 5(2). Available: http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/jebaraj.html
-  Kawatra, P.S. (2000). Textbook of information science. New Delhi: APH Publishing Corporation.
-  Lakshmi, R., Suma, P. (1998). A step towards developing a digital library.Library Science with a Slant to Information Studies 35(1).
-  Lynch, C.A. (1994). The integrity of digital information: Mechanism and definitional issues. Silver Spring, MD: ASIS.
-  Malwad, N.M., et al. (Ed.) (1996). Digital libraries: Dynamic storehouse of digitalized information. New Delhi, New Age International.
-  Mangla, P.B. (2000). The role of libraries in global village with particular reference to India: Reading in library and information science (Dr SP Sood Festschrift). Vyas, S.D., et al. (Eds.). Jaipur: Raj Publishing House.
-  Prasad, A.R.D., & Urs, S. (Eds.) (2001). Workshop on digital libraries: Managing convergence, continuity and change. 12 th -16th March 2001. Mysore: University of Mysore.
-  Raitt, D. (Ed.) (1987). Libraries for the new millennium: Implication for managers. London: Library Association Publishing.
-  Shiri, A. (2003). Digital library research: Current developments and trends. Library Review 52(5): 198-202
-  Singh, J. (2003). Information democracy and South Asia: Promises and perils of the Web. Ludhiana: Madallion Press.
Publication order reference