A case study with the overview of Corporate Social Responsibility
Languages of publication
Customers and employees of the SBI Life come up with a viewpoint that initiation of CSR activities can create a good brand image of the company and thus can be a contributing factor towards the profitability factor of the company. Employees have opined that the performance of CSR activities is not mostly considered as a base for selecting insurance providers. This research study aims to find out customers and employees perception towards CSR activities performed by one of the leading insurance provider SBI Life limited to Bhopal region. The primary data of the study is collected through questionnaire designed for employees and customers separately. The findings of the study suggest that there is a significant rise in the business performances and a very positive customer perception towards SBI Life through the conduction of CSR activities. With the boom of international trade and outsourcing business, their CSR conduct is the sine quo non for building a more powerful brand that customers’ perceive enthusiastically.
-  Chatterjee Debabrata, Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Case of Three Indian Companies. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 5, (2010), pp. 507-510.
-  Fernández Belén, Souto Feijóo, Crisis and Corporate Social Responsibility: Threat or Opportunity? International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, (2006), pp. 36-50
-  Gautam Richa, Singh Anju, Corporate Social Responsibility Practices in India: A Study of Top 500 Companies. Global Business and Management Research: An International Journal, Vol. 2, No. 1, (2010), pp. 41-56.
-  Iamandi Irina Eugenia, Filip Radu, Instruments for Evaluating the Performance of Corporate Social Responsibility - The Romanian Case. The Romanian Economic Journal, Vol. 11, No. 27, (2008), pp. 99-122.
-  Khanna Parul, Gupta Gitika, Status of Corporate Social Responsibility: In Indian Context. Asia Pacific Journal of Research in Management, Vol. 2, Issue 1, (2011), pp. 178-187.
-  Kingsley Egun Nkonyeasua, Paradigm shift from cooperate social responsibility (CSR) to cooperate social investment (CSI): A necessity for environmental sustainability in Nigeria. Academia Journal of Environmental Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 1, (2013), pp. 18-24.
-  Naqvi S. M. M. Raza, Ishtiaq Maria, Impact of Corporate Social responsibility on Brand image in Different FMCGs of Pakistan. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business, Vol. 5, N0. 1, (2013), pp. 79-93.
-  Raman Murali, Lim Wayne and Nair Sumitra, The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Consumer loyalty. International Journal of Multimedia University, Vol. 30, No. 2, (2012), pp. 71-93.
-  Weber Manuela, The business case for corporate social responsibility: A company-level measurement approach for CSR. European Management Journal, Vol. 26, (2008), pp. 247-261.
Publication order reference