Double Diffusive MHD Flow of a Chemically Reacting Alumina Nanofluid Past a Semi-infinite Flat Plate
Languages of publication
An analytical Study of double diffusive MHD flow of a chemically reacting alumina nanofluid past an infinite flat plate is made. Laplace transform method is employed to determine the solution of the governing equation and its analysis showed that increase in both Reynolds number and Prandtl number bring about an increase in the rate of heat transfer coefficient. Skin friction is shown to reduce as the Reynolds number increases. Increase in Reynolds number and Schmidt number, increases the mass transfer coefficient of alumina nanofluid. Generally, comparison is made with other work and an appreciable trend is observed.
-  Prasad, R and Bhaskar, R. (2007). Radiation and Mass Transfer Effects on an Unsteady MHD Convective Flow Past a Heated Vertical Plate in a porous Medium with Viscous Dissipation. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics 34: 135-160
-  Ferdows, M; Tzirtzilakis, E; Koji, K and Chien-Hsin, C (2008). Soret and Dufor effects on Natural Convection Heat and Mass Transfer Flow n a Porous Medium Considering internal Heat Generation. International Journal of Applicable Mathematical Statistics 13(D08): 36-48
-  Hayat, T; Shehzard, S. A and Asaedi, A (2012). Soret and Dufour effects on Magnetohydrodynamic Flow of Casson Fluid. Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 10: 1301-1312
-  Subhakar, M. J and Gangadhar, K (2012). Soret and Dufour Effects on MHD Free Convection Heat and Mass Transfer Flow Over a Stretching Vertical Plate with Suction and Heat Source/Sink. International Journal of Modeling and Engineering Research 2: 3458-3468
-  Shivaiah, S and Anand, R. J (2011). Soret and Dufour Effects on Transient MHD Flow Past a Semi-infinite Vertical Porous Plate with Chemical Reaction. Journal of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering 8: 37-48
-  Gnaneswara, R. M and Bhaskar, R. N. (2010). Soret and Dufour Effects on Steady MHD Free Convection Flow Past a Semi-infinite Moving Vertical Plate in a Porous Medium with Viscous Dissipation. International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 1: 1-12
-  Eshetu, H and Shankar, B. (2014). Heat and Mass Transfer Through a Porous Media of MHD Flow of Nanofluids with Thermal Radiation, Viscous Dissipation and Chemical Reaction Effects. Amsterdam Chemical Science Journal 4: 828-846
-  Abdul, H. A. K; Vishnu, G. N and Ganga, B. (2015). Magnetic Field Effect on Second Order Slip Flow of Nanofluid over a Stretching/Shrinking Sheet with Thermal Radiation Effect. Journal of Magnetic Matter. 381: 243-257
-  Mukherjee, S and Paria, S. 2013. Preparation and Stability of Nanofluids-A Review. IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering 9(2), 63-69
-  Aaiza, G; Khan I and Shafie S. 2015. Energy Transfer in Mixed Convection MHD Flow of Nanofluid Containing Different Shapes of Nanoparticles in a Channel Filled with Saturated Porous Medium. Nanoscale Research Letters 10(490): 1-14
-  Timofeeva, E. V; Jules, R. L and Dileep, S (2009). Particle Shape effect on Thermo physical Properties of Alumna Nanofluids. Journal of Application Physics 106: 014304
-  Hamilton, R. L and Crosser, O. K, 1962. Thermal Conductivity of Heterogeneous Two-Component Systems. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Fundamentals 1(3), 187-191
-  Turkyilmazoglu, M (2014). Unsteady Convection Flow of Some Nanofluids Past a Moving Vertical Flat Plate with Heat Transfer. Journal of Heat Transfer 136: 031704-031711
-  Zeehan, A; Ellahi, R and Hassan, M (2014). Magnetohydrodynamic Flow of Water/Ethylene Glycol Based Nanofluids with Natural Convection through Porous Medium. European Physical Journal Plus 129: 261-269
-  Ellahi, R, Aziz, S and Zeehan, A (2013). Non-Newtonian Nanofluids Flow Through a Porous Medium between two coaxial Cylinders with Heat Transfer and Variable Viscosity. Journal of Porous Media 16(3): 205-216
-  Makinde, O. D and Mukutu, W. N (2014). Hydromagnetic Thermal Boundary Layer of Nanofluids Over a Convectively Heated Flat Plate with Viscous dissipation and Ohmic Heating. U. P. B Science Bulletin Serie A. 76(2): 181-192
-  Noreen, A. S; Raza, M and Ellahi, R (2014). Nteracton of Nanopartcles for the perstaltc Flow n an asymetrc Channel wth the nduced Magnetc Fled. The European Physcal Journal Plus 129: 155-167
-  Xuan, Y and Li, Q (2000). Heat Transfer Enhancement of Nanofluids. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 21: 58-64
-  Wasp. F. 1977. Solid-Liquid Flow Slurry Pipeline Transportation. Trans. Tech. Pub., Berlin.
-  Singh, A. K; Harinadha, G; Kishore, N; Barua, P; Jain, T and Joshi, P. (2015). Mixed Convective Heat Transfer Phenomena of Circular Cylinders to Non-Newtonian Nanofluids Flowing Upward. Procedia Engineering, 127: 118-125
-  Srinivas, A. T; Bharti, R. P and Chabra. (2009). Mixed Convection Heat Transfer from a Cylinder to Power-Law Fluids: Effect of Aiding Bouyancy. Industrial Engineering Research 48: 9735-9754
-  Badr, H. M. (1984). Laminar Combined Convection from a Horizontal Cylinder in a Cross Stream. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 27: 15-27
-  Wong, K. L and Chen, C. K (1985). The Finite Element Solution of Laminar Combined Convection from a Horizontal Cylinder. Computational Methods and Application of Mechanical Engineering 50: 147-161
-  Aruna G, Varma SV, Raju RS (2015). Combined inﬂuence of Soret and Dufour effects on unsteady hydromagnetic mixed convective ﬂow in an accelerated vertical wavy plate through a porous medium. International Journal of Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics 3(1): 122-134
-  Tiwari, R. K and Das, M. K (2007). Heat Transfer Auqmentaton n a Two-Sded Lid-Driven Differentially Heated Square Cavity Utilizing Nanofluids. Internatonal Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 50, 9-10
-  Asma, K; Khan, I and Sharidan, S (2015). Exact Soluton for Free Convecton Flow of Nanofluids with Ramped Wall Temperature. The European Physcal Journal - Plus 130: 57-71
-  Cogley, A. C; Vincenti, A. W and Giles, E. S. (1968). Differential Approximation of a Radiative Heat Transfer. ATAA Journal 6: 551-553
-  Gupta, B. D. (2004). Mathematical Physics (Third Edition). Vikas Publishing House PVT LTD. New Delhi.
-  Bird, B. R; Stewart, W, E and Lightfoot, E. N. (2002). Transport Phenomena (Second Edition). John Wiley and Sons Incorporated Asia.
Publication order reference