Performance analysis of terrestrial WDM-FSO Link under Different Weather Channel
Languages of publication
In this paper, the performance of WDM-FSO communications system is simulation analyzed, using NRZ modulation technique over different weather conditions. Based on this technique the received signal power, signal to noise ratio, Q. factor, and BER are analyzed. The characteristics of WDM was studied for free space optical communication. Simulation results indicate that the performance of WDM-FSO are more suited for strong attenuation. On the other hand, the suitability of distance link under this technique are studied, where WDM has more advantage when used in optical communication system.
-  N. Kumar, A. K. Rana, Impact of various parameters on the performance of free space optics communication system, Optik, 124, 2003, 5774-5776.
-  S. Chaudhary, A. Amphawan, realization of free space optics with OFDM under atmospheric turbulence, optik, , 125, 2014, 5196-5198.
-  M. A. Esmail, H. Fathallah, M. S. Alouni, channel modeling and performance evaluation of FSO communication systems in Fog, 23rd International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), Thessaloniki, 2016
-  Z. Ghassemlooy, W. Popoola, and S. Rajbhandari, optical wireless communications: system and channel modeling with Matlab. United kingdom: CRC Press Taylor and Francis group, 2013.
-  D. A. Luong, C. T. Truong, and Anh T. Pham, effect of APD and thermal noises on the performance of SC-BPSK/FSO systems over turbulence channels, 18th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications (APCC), pp. 344-349, 2012.
-  M. S. Khan, S. S. Muhammad, M. S. Awan, V. Kvicera, M. Grabner,and E. Leitgeb, Further results on fog modeling for terrestrial free space optical links, Optical Engineering, vol. 51, pp. 031207-1 -031207-9, 2012.
-  D. Kedar and S. Arnon, Urban optical wireless communication networks: the main challenges and possible solutions, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 42, pp. S2-S7, 2004.
-  I. I. Kim, B. McArthur, and E. J. Korevaar, Comparison of laser beam propagation at 785 nm and 1550 nm in fog and haze for optical wireless communications, in Proc. SPIE 4214, Optical Wireless Communications III, 2001, pp. 26-37.
-  F. Demers, H. Yanikomeroglu, and M. St-Hilaire, A survey of opportunities for free space optics in next generation cellular networks, in Ninth Annual Communication Networks and Services Research Conference (CNSR), Ottawa, 2011.
-  P. W. Kruse, L. D. McGlauchlin, and R. B. McQuistan, Elements of Infrared Technology: Generation, Transmission and Detection, New York: Wiley, vol. 1, 1962.
-  M. Al Naboulsi, Fog attenuation prediction for optical and infrared waves, Optical Engineering, vol. 43, pp. 319-329, 2004.
-  M. Ijaz, Z. Ghassemlooy, J. Pesek, O. Fiser, H. Le Minh, and E. Bentley, Modeling of fog and smoke attenuation in free space optical communications link under controlled laboratory conditions, IEEE/OSA Journal of Light Wave Tech., vol. 31, pp. 1720-1726, 2013.
-  Mazin Ali A. Ali, Performance Analysis of Fog Effect on Free Space Optical Communication System, IOSR Journal of Applied Physics 7(2), pp. 16-24, 2015.
-  Mazin Ali A. Ali, Comparison of NRZ, RZ-OOK Modulation Formats for FSO Communications under Fog Weather Condition, International Journal of Computer Applications, vol.108, no. 2, 2014.
-  M. A. Esmail, H. Fathallah, M. S. Alouni, Outdoor FSO Communications Under Fog: Attenuation Modeling and Performance Evaluation, IEEE Photonics Journal, vol. 8, no. 4, 2016
-  M. A. Esmail, H. Fathallah, M. S. Alouni, analysis of fog effects on terrestrial free space optical communication links, IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops (ICC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2016
-  S. Bloom, E. Korevaar, J. Schuster, H. Willebrand, 'Understanding the performance of free-space optics', Journal of Optical Networking. Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 178-200, June 2003.
-  N. A. Mohammed, A.S. El-Wakeel, and M. H. Aly, pointing error in FSO link under different weather conditions, international journal of video& image processing and network security IJVIPNS-IJENS, vol. 12, pp. 6-9, 2012.
Publication order reference