Bayesian and Non Bayesian Method of Estimation of Scale Parameter of Gamma Distribution under Symmetric and Asymmetric Loss Functions
Languages of publication
In this investigation, we consider Bayesian and Non-Bayesian estimation problems of unknown scale parameter of Gamma distribution assuming the shape parameter as known and derive Bayes and Classical (Non-Bayes) estimators of the scale parameter. Bayes estimators are obtained under symmetric (squared error) and asymmetric (linex and precautionary) loss functions using a non-informative prior. The risk efficiency of Bayes estimators is also obtained under these loss functions. Finally, the simulation study is done to compare the performance of these estimators using MATLAB software.
-  Basu, A. P. and Ebrahimi, N. (1991). Bayesian Approach to Life Testing and Reliability Estimation Using Asymmetric Loss Function. J. Statist. Plann. Infer. 29, 21-31
-  Farsipour, N. S. and Zakerzadeh, H. (2005). Estimation of a Gamma Scale Parameter under Asymmetric Squared Log Error Loss. Communication in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 34, 1127-1135.
-  Norstrom, J. G. (1996). The use of Precautionary Loss Function in Risk Analysis. IEEE Trans. Reliab. 45, 400-413.
-  Sanku Dey (2010). Bayesian Estimation of the Shape Parameter of the Generalised Exponential Distribution under Different Loss Functions. Pak. j. Stat. Oper. Res. 2, 163-174.
-  Sanku Dey (2012). Bayesian Estimation of the Parameter and Reliability function of an Inverse Rayleigh Distribution. Malaysina Journal of Mathematical Sciences, 6(1), 113-124.
-  Shawky, A. I. and Bakoban, R. A. (2008). Bayesian and Non-Bayesian Estimations on the Exponentiated Gamma Distribution. Applied Mathematical Sciences, 51, 2521-2530.
-  Singh, S. K., Singh, U. and Kumar, D. (2011). Estimation of Parameters of Exponentiated Exponential Distribution: Bayesian Approach under General Entropy Loss Function. Pak. J. Stat. Oper. Res. Vol. VII(2), 199-2016.
-  Sinha, S. and Kale, B. (1980). Life Testing and Reliability Estimation. John Wiley & Sons.
-  Takada, Y. and Nagata, Y. (1995). Fixed-Width Sequential Confidence Interval for the Mean of a Gamma Distribution. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 44, 277–289.
-  Varian, H. R. (1975). A Bayesian Approach to real estate assessment, in Studies in Bayesian Econometrics and Statistics in Honour of L J Savage, S E Fienberg, S E and A Zellner, eds., North Holland, Amsterdam, pp. 198-205.
-  Von Alven, W. H., Ed. (1964). Reliability Engineering, ARINC Research Corporation, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
-  Zacks, S. and Khan, Rasul A. (2011). Two-Stage and Sequential Estimation of the Scale Parameter of a Gamma Distribution with Fixed-Width Intervals. Sequential Analysis, 30, 297–307.
-  Zellner, A. (1986). Bayesian Estimation and Prediction using Asymmetric Loss Functions. Jour. Amer. Statist. Assoc. 81, 446-451.
Publication order reference