A structural model for relationship between dimensions of emotional intelligence, conflict management and job performance of the staff (Case study: Ilam Gas Refinement Corporation)
Languages of publication
This research was conducted with the aim of testing a model of relations between emotional intelligence and job performance of the staff with the intermediacy of conflicts management. The methodology was one of descriptive-structural equations. The sample under research included 155 people of the Ilam Gas Refinement Corporation who were selected by using classified sampling method from among 253 official personnel. The tool for collecting data was a questionnaire. To analyze data, descriptive statistics and structural equations methods were applied. The findings resulting from the fitness of the structural model indicated that there was a positive and significant effect among the variables in the research. Also, the intermediary role of the conflict management in the research's conceptual model in respect to the relationship between emotional intelligence and job performance of the staff (non-verbal communications) was confirmed.
-  Armstrong, M. (2006). Performance management, Tr. Ghelich li, Behrooz Gholamzade, First edition, Tehran: Iran's industrial researches center.
-  Cherami, M. (2003). Examining relations of fivefold styles for conflict resolution and staffs' job performance, Organizational-Industrial Psychology Periodical, 3(12): 35-41.
-  Alhuseini, H. (2001). Prosperity of organizations through an analytical approach, Tehran: Baharye Publication.
-  Khajeyan, D., & A'zami, A. (2010). Effects of media on controlling social emotions by nurturing and developing emotional intelligence, Emotional intelligence management, 5: 185-204.
-  Sa'atchi, M., Kamkari, K., & Askarian, M. (2013). Psychological tests. Tehran: Virayesh Publication.
-  Sobhani Nejad, M., & Youzbashi, A. (2008). Emotional intelligence and management in the organization. Tehran: Bestaroon Publication.
-  Farzad Nia, F. (2011). Effects of emotional intelligence on conflicts management styles among heads of Milad hospital, Scientific journal of Ilam Medical Sciences University, 20th circulation, 2: 53-61.
-  Moghimi, S. M. (2008). Organization and organization, Research approach. Tehran: Terme Publication.
-  Foroughipour, H. (2014). ”Does emotional intelligence can predict conflict management in a sport organization?”, International research Journal of applied and basic sciences, 8(7): 911-915.
-  Goleman, D., Boyatzs, R., & Mckee, R. (2002). Primal leadership: realizing the power of emotional intelligence .Boston: Harvard bossiness school publishing, pp. 98-100.
-  Goleman, D. (2000). An EI-based theory of performance. In D. Goleman, & C. Cherniss (eds.). The Emotionally Intelligent Workplace: How to Select for, Measure, and Improve Emotional Intelligence in Individuals, Groups, and Organizations. San Francisco, CA: Jossey- Bass.
-  Goleman, D. (1998). Working with emotional intelligence, New York: Bantam Books.
-  Handy, C. (2001). The age of paradox. Mahmod Toloo, Editor. Rasa publications, pp. 5-23.
-  Joanne, C.Y. Chan, Emily N.M. Sit, W.M. Lau. (2014). ”Conflict management styles, emotional intelligence and implicit theories of personality of nursing students: A cross-sectional study”, Nurse Education Today, 34: 934-939.
-  Mayer, J., & Salovey, P. (1997).” what is emotional intelligence?” In P. Salovey & D. Sluyter (Eds.), Emotional development and emotional intelligence: Implications for educators (-31), New York: Cambridge University.
-  Mba Okechukwu Agwu. (2013). “Conflict management and employees performance in Julius Berger Nigeria PLC. Bonny Island”, International Journal of Academic Research in management, 2(4): 125-139.
-  Muchincky, P. (2000). Psychology to work: an introduction to industrial and organizational psychology ,Wad worth.
-  Noorazzila, S., & Abdul Rahman, R. (2013). ”The relationship between emotional intelligence and job performance of call center agents”, Procedia-social and behavioral sciences, 129: 75-81.
-  Nurul A. H. (2010). Emotional intelligence and conflict management styles, The graduate school University of Wisconsin-Stout.
-  Pooya, A. (2013). ”Relationship between emotional intelligence and conflict management strategies”, Research Journal of Recent Sciences, 2(7): 37-42.
-  Rahim M.A. (2002). ”A Model of Emotional Intelligence and Conflict Management Strategies: A Study in Seven Countries”, The International Journal of Organizational Analysis, 10(4): 302-326.
-  Scullen, S. E., Mount, M. K., & Goff, M. (2000). ”Understanding the latent structure of job performance ratings”. Journal of Applied Psychology, 85(6): 956-970.
Publication order reference