Influence of temperature variation on vibration of rectangular plate of visco-elastic material
Languages of publication
This paper deals with free vibration modes and natural frequencies of a thin visco-elastic, non-homogeneous rectangular plate with clamped ends. First two modes of frequency parameter of vibration are derived on the basis of Rayleigh-Ritz technique. Since the effect of temperature decreases the efficiency and durability of the structure, influence of bi-parabolic temperature variations on vibration of rectangular plate is analyzed. Tapering in rectangular plate is assumed bi-exponentially in x-and y-direction. Effect of non-homogeneity is discussed with exponential variation in density of the plate’s material i.e. visco-elastic material “Duralium” which is an alloy of aluminum. Vibration modes of clamped plate are calculated for various values of thermal gradient, taper parameters and non-homogeneity constant. Results are explained with the help of the graphs.
-  Chakraverty, S, Vibration of Plates. Taylor and Francis, Florida. eBook ISBN 9780429137099. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781420053968
-  Cheung Y.K. and Zhou D, The free vibrations of tapered rectangular plates using a new set of beam functions with the Rayleigh-Ritz method. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 223 (5) (1999) 703-722.
-  Gupta A.K., Agarwal N. and Kaur H. Transverse vibration of non-homogeneous orthotropic visco-elastic circular plate of varying parabolic thickness. Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences 34 (2011) 2065-2076.
-  Gupta A.K., Sharma P. Thermal analysis on frequencies of non-homogeneous trapezoidal plate of variable thickness and density. Acta Tecnica 58 (2) (2013) 189-205.
-  Hasheminejad S.M., Shakeri R. Active transient acousto-structural response control of a smart cavity-coupled circular plate system. Archives of Acoustics 42 (2) (2017) 273-286.
-  Lal R. Transverse vibrations of orthotropic non-uniform rectangular plates with continuously varying density. Indian Journal of Pure & Applied Mathematics 34 (4) (2003) 587-606.
-  Leissa A.W. Vibration of Plates, (1969). D.C., NASA, Washington.
-  Li W. L. Vibration analysis of rectangular plate with general elastic boundary supports. Journal of Sound and Vibration 273 (3) (2004) 619-635.
-  Kaur N., Singhal A., Khanna A. A study on vibration of tapered non-homogeneous rectangular plate with structural parameters. Int. J. of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 23 (4) (2018) 873-884.
-  Khanna A., Kaur N. Theoretical study on vibration of non-homogeneous tapered visco-elastic rectangular plate. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences 86 (2) (2016) 259-266.
-  Khanna A., Kaur N. Effect of structural parameters on vibration of non-homogeneous visco-elastic rectangular plate. Journal of Vibration Engineering & Technologies 4 (5) (2016) 459-466.
-  Khanna A., Singhal A. An analytical approach on thermally induced vibrations of non-homogeneous tapered plate. Journal of Mathematics, Article ID 721868 (2013) 6-10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/721868
-  Khanna A., Singhal A. A study on free vibration of visco-elastic tapered plate with clamped ends. Romanian Journal of Acoustics & Vibration, 12 (1) (2015) 43-48.
-  Khanna A., Singhal A. Effect of plate’s parameters on vibration of isotropic tapered rectangular plate with different boundary conditions. Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control 35 (2) (2016) 139-151.
-  Rajalingham, C., Bhat, R. B., Xistris, G. D. Vibration of rectangular plates by reduction of the plate partial differential equation into simultaneous ordinary differential equations. Journal of Sound and Vibration 203 (1) (1997) 169-180.
-  Sobotka Z. Free vibration of visco-elastic orthotropic rectangular plates. Acta Technica (CSAV) 6 (1978) 678-705.
-  Tomar J.S., Gupta D.C., Jain N. C. Free vibrations of an isotropic non-homogeneous infinite plate of parabolically varying thickness. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 15 (2) (1984) 211-220.
-  Wrona S., Pawełczyk M. Controllability-oriented placement of actuators for active noise-vibration control of rectangular plates using a Memetic algorithm. Archives of Acoustics 38 (4) (2013) 529-536.
Publication order reference