Propagation Characteristics of Bragg Fiber: Comparative Analysis using Two Approaches
Languages of publication
The propagation characteristics in air core Bragg fiber has been analyzed in this paper by using the two different approaches. Initially, we have computed the exact solution of Helmholtz equation and later the asymptotic limits have been used to calculate the propagation characteristics of TE modes in air core Bragg fiber. In last, we have compared the both results after mathematical computation and find excellent agreement between both approaches.
-  P. Yeh, A. Yariv, and E. Marom. Theory of Bragg fiber. J. Opt. Soc. Amer. vol. 68, pp. 1196–1201, 1978.
-  Y. Xu, R. K. Lee, and A. Yariv. Asymptotic analysis of Bragg fibers. Opt. Lett. vol. 25, pp. 1756–1758, 2000.
-  Y. Xu, G. X. Ouyang, R. K. Lee, and A. Yariv. Asymptotic matrix theory of Bragg fibers. J. Light wave Technol. 20, 428–440 (2002).
-  Sakai, J. I., & Nouchi, P. (2005). Propagation properties of Bragg fiber analyzed by Hankel function formalism. Optics communications, 249 (1), 153-163.,
-  K. Akira, S. Jun-ichi, Bloch theorem in cylindrical coordinates and its application to a Bragg fiber. Phys. Rev. A 80 (2009) 1–8, 033802.
Publication order reference