RO Reject Water Management Techniques
Languages of publication
To meet with the growing water requirements, along with the waste water from municipal sewage treatment plant, it is critical to consider the reuse of waste water from the industries wherever possible. In the Indian context, this has already been started in some of the big industries especially in metro cities and it must be implemented at all level possible industries. Ultrafiltration (UF), reverse-osmosis (RO) and a membrane bioreactor (MBR) will all be an integral part of this. From last five decades, the variation for increase in population and decrease in available clean water is noticeable. Waste water reuse is not only the requirement but it also provides several eco-friendly benefits.
-  B. der Bruggen, C. Vandecasteele, T. Van Gestel, W. Doyen, and R. Leysen, A review of pressure-driven membrane processes in wastewater treatment and drinking water production, Environ. Prog. Sustain. Energy, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 46–56, 2003.
-  R. Saravanan, A. Arun, S. Venkatamohan, Jegadeesan, T. Kandavelu, and Veeramanikandan, Membraneless dairy wastewater-sediment interface for bioelectricity generation employing sediment microbial fuel cell (SMFC), African J. Microbiol. Res., vol. 4, no. 24, pp. 2640–2646, 2010.
-  D. Bose and A. Bose, Graphene-based Microbial Fuel Cell Studies with Starch in sub-Himalayan Soils, Indones. J. Electr. Eng. Informatics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 16–21, 2017.
-  D. Bose and A. Bose, Electrical Power Generation with Himalayan Mud Soil Using Microbial Fuel Cell, Nat. Environ. Pollut. Technol., vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 433–439, 2017.
-  J.-P. Schwitzguébel, E. Comino, N. Plata, and M. Khalvati, Is phytoremediation a sustainable and reliable approach to clean-up contaminated water and soil in Alpine areas? Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 842–856, 2011.
-  A. P. P. Santos, B. H. Oliveira, and P. Nadanovsky, Effects of low and standard fluoride toothpastes on caries and fluorosis: systematic review and meta-analysis, Caries Res., vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 382–390, 2013.
-  P. Mondal and A. Nandan, Removal of fluoride from water by suitable low cost environmental friendly methods, 2014.
-  S. P. S. Teotia, M. Teotia, and N. P. S. Teotia, Symposium on the non-skeletal phase of chronic fluorosis: The Joints, in Symposium on the non-skeletal phase of chronic fluorosis: The Joints, 1976, vol. 9, pp. 19–24.
-  J. M. McArthur, P. Ravenscroft, S. Safiulla, and M. F. Thirlwall, Arsenic in groundwater: testing pollution mechanisms for sedimentary aquifers in Bangladesh, Water Resour. Res., vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 109–117, 2001.
-  W. F. Heins and others, Is a paradigm shift in produced water treatment technology occurring at SAGD facilities?, J. Can. Pet. Technol., vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 10–15, 2010.
Publication order reference