Shapley value as a measurer of shareholders decision power
Languages of publication
Making decisions in joint-stock company on stockholders meeting is an example of cooperative game. Cooperative game theory focuses on the coalition players may form. Voting at the general meeting of shareholders is a special kind of cooperative game. We assume each coalition may attain some payoffs, and then we try to predict which coalitions will form. To determine the solution and measure the ability of shareholders to create victorious coalitions we can use Shapley value. Among the shareholders it assigns a unique distribution of a total surplus generated by the coalition of all players.
-  R. Axelrod, W. D. Hamilton, The evolution of cooperation. Science, vol. 212, 1981, pp. 1390-1396.
-  A. H. Copeland, Review: Theory of games and Economic Behavior by John von Neumann and Oskar Morgenstern, Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 51, 1945, pp. 498-504.
-  P. Dubey, On the uniqueness of the Shapley value. International Journal of Game Theory, vol. 4, 1975, pp. 131-139.
-  J. Enelow, M. Hinich, The spatial theory of voting: an introduction. Cambridge University Press, New York, 1984.
-  R. Farquharson, Theory of voting. Yale University Press, New Haven, 1969.
-  A. Gibbart, Manipulation of voting schemes: a general result. Econometrica, vol. 41, 1973, pp. 587-602.
-  J. F. Nash, Two person cooperative games. Econometrica, vol. 27, 1953, pp. 128-140.
-  A. Roth, The Shapley value: essays in honor of LLoyd S. Shapley. Cambridge University Press, New York, 1988.
-  L. S. Shapley, A value for n-person games, [in:] Kuhn H. W., Tucker A. W., Contributions to the Theory of games, Princeton University Press, New Jersey, 1953, pp. 307-317.
-  L. S. Shapley, M. Shubik, A Method of Evaluating the Distribution of Power in a Committee System. American Political Science Review 48(3), 1954, pp. 787-792.
-  Y. Shoham, K. Leyton-Brown, Multiagent Systems: Algorithmic, Game-Theoretic, and Logical Foundations. Cambridge University Press, 2008.
-  P. Young, The evolution of conventions. Econometrica, vol. 61(1), 1993, pp. 57-84.
Publication order reference