Implementation of the principles of sustainable development as an element of the organization's strategy - the Volkswagen case study
Languages of publication
The following study addresses the subject of sustainable development in enterprises. The essence of the concept of sustainable development was explained, as well as the role of sustainable development in formulating the organization's strategy. The most important initiatives undertaken by the Volkswagen concern in the field of sustainable development were indicated. The actions undertaken in the economic, ecological and social areas have been mentioned.
-  Berke, Philip R., and Maria Manta Conroy. Are we planning for sustainable development? An evaluation of 30 comprehensive plans. Journal of the American planning association 66.1 (2000).
-  Bonn, Ingrid. Improving strategic thinking: a multilevel approach. Leadership & Organization Development Journal 26.5 (2005).
-  Hall, Jeremy K., Gregory A. Daneke, and Michael J. Lenox. Sustainable development and entrepreneurship: Past contributions and future directions. Journal of Business Venturing 25.5 (2010).
-  Hillary, Ruth. Environmental management systems and the smaller enterprise. Journal of cleaner production 12.6 (2004).
-  Hopwood, Bill, Mary Mellor, and Geoff O'Brien. Sustainable development: mapping different approaches. Sustainable development 13.1 (2005).
-  Jarzabkowski, Paula, and Sarah Kaplan. Strategy tools‐in‐use: A framework for understanding “technologies of rationality” in practice. Strategic Management Journal 36.4 (2015).
-  Kaplan, Robert S., et al. The strategy-focused organization: How balanced scorecard companies thrive in the new business environment. Harvard Business Press, 2001.
-  Kates, Robert W., Thomas M. Parris, and Anthony A. Leiserowitz. What is sustainable development? Goals, indicators, values, and practice. Environment 47.3 (2005).
-  Keiner, M. Re-emphasizing sustainable development – the concept of ‘evolution ability’. Environment, Development and Sustainability 6: 379–392, 2004.
-  Liang, Huigang, et al. Assimilation of enterprise systems: the effect of institutional pressures and the mediating role of top management. MIS Quarterly Vol. 31, No. 1 (Mar., 2007), pp. 59-87.
-  Morriss, Andrew P., et al. The false promise of green energy. Cato Institute. ISBN: 978-1-935308-42-3 Number of Pages: 289 Publication Date: January 28, 2011
-  Muradov, Nazim. Liberating energy from carbon: introduction to decarbonization. New York: Springer, 2014.
-  Renwick, Douglas WS, Tom Redman, and Stuart Maguire. Green human resource management: A review and research agenda. International Journal of Management Reviews 15.1 (2013).
-  Sikdar, Subhas K. Sustainable development and sustainability metrics. AIChE Journal 49.8 (2003).
-  Tsai, Wen-Hsien, and Wen-Chin Chou. Selecting management systems for sustainable development in SMEs: A novel hybrid model based on DEMATEL, ANP, and ZOGP. Expert systems with applications 36.2 (2009): 1444-1458.
-  Volkswagen information materials on the Sustainable Development Strategy (2018).
-  Wallace, David. Environmental policy and industrial innovation: Strategies in Europe, the USA and Japan. Routledge, 2017.
Publication order reference