Impact of Organic Manure and Inorganic Fertilizers on Seed Germination of Green Gram (Vigna radiata L.)
Languages of publication
India is one of the agricultural country and food is very important need for our country because growth of population. Nowadays various inorganic fertilizers used for agriculture for high yield purposes but it affect the soil fertility and living organisms. Chemical fertilizers are very costly and it produced environmental pollution. Organic compost is cost effective and sustainable. In this attempt the effect of various organic fertilizers (farm yard manure, vermicompost and composted coirpith) and inorganic fertilizers (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium) on germination of green gram (Vigna radiata L.). The following parameters were analyzed such as germination percentage, seedling length, fresh weight, dry weight and photosynthetic pigments such as chlorophyll a, chlorophyll b, total chlorophyll and carotenoid. As the result of this study that all above the parameters were increased in vermicompost applicator soil of the plant compared to the other organic and inorganic fertilizers. This study concluded that vermicompost is very used for the crop production.
-  Anamica, K. and T.V.S. Dhaka, 2004. Effect of cycoul on seed germination radicle and shoot length of Bokla (Vicia faba L.). Adv. Plant Sci., 17: 143-146.
-  Arancon, N.Q., C.A. Edwards, S. Lee and R. Byrne, 2006. Effect of humic acids from vermicomposts on plant growth. Eur. J. Soil Biol., 46: 65-69.
-  Atiyeh, R.M., S. Lee, C.A. Edwards, N.Q. Arancon and J.D. Metzger, 2002. The influence of humic acid derived from earthworms processed organic wastes on plant growth. Bioresource Technol., 84: 7-14.
-  Cooper, R., 1979. Bacterial fertilizers in the Soviet Union. Soil Fertil., 22: 327-333.
-  Gayathiri, M. and A. Anburani, 2008. Influence of soil and foliar application of organic and inorganic fertilizers on growth in Kacholam (Kaempferia galanga L.). Adv. Plant. Sci., 21: 475-477.
-  Gupta, A.K., P.K. Pankaj and V. Upadhyaya, 2008. Effect of vermicompost, farmyard manure, biofertilizers and chemical fertilizers (N, P, K) on growth and quality of Abelmoschus esculentus. Poll. Res., 27: 65-68.
-  Kalyanasundaram, B., T. Senthilkumar, S. Kumar and V. Swaminathan, 2008. Effect of N, P with biofertilizers and vermicompost on growth and physiological characteristics of sweet flag (Acorus calamus L.). Adv. Plant Sci., 21: 323-326.
-  Kochot, C.K., S.B. Golbale and A. Purohit, 1998. In: Textbook of pharmacognosy, Nirali Prakashan, Pune, 17-18.
-  Kumar, D. 1998. Ammonia volatilization losses from applied urea in flodded alkali soils. The Madras Agric. J., 85: 29-35.
-  Kumudha, P. and M. Gomathinayagam, 2007. Studies on the effect of biofertilizers on germination of Albizia lebbek (L.) Benth. seeds. Adv. Plant Sci., 20: 417-421.
-  Mahesh, M.K. and S.P. Hosmani, 2004. Effects of pesticides, herbicides, fumigants and synthetic fertilizers on the nutrient uptake of rice. J. Curr. Sci., 5: 433-438.
-  Rajasekaran, S., P. Sundaramoorthy, K. Sankar Ganesh, 2015. Effect of FYM, N, P fertilizers and biofertilizers on germination and growth of paddy (Oryza sativa L.). International Letters of Natural Sciences, 35: 59-65.
-  Ravikumar, S., K. Kathiresan, S. Thadedus, M. Ignatiammal, M. Babu Selvam and S. Shanthy, 2004. Nitrogen-fixing Azotobacters from mangrove habitat and their utility as marine biofertilizers. J. Exp. Mar. Biol. Ecol., 312: 5-7.
-  Rout, G.R., S. Samantary and P. Das, 2000. Effects of chromium and nickel on germination and growth in tolerant and non-tolerant populations of Echinochloa colona (L.). Link. Chemosphere, 40: 855-859.
-  Senthilkumar, R. and K. Sekar, 1998. Effect of organic and inorganic amendments on bhendi in lignite mine soil. Madras Agri. J., 85: 38-40.
-  Tejeda, M., J.L. Gonzalez, A.M. Garcia-Martinez and J. Parrodo, 2008. Effects of different green manures on soil biological properties and maize yield. Bioresource Technol., 99: 1758-1767.
-  Thiyageswari, S. and D. Selvi, 2006. Influence of micronutrients and cytozyme on the physiological parameters of soybean in an inceptisol. Adv. Plant Sci., 11: 557-560.
-  Vanangamudi, K., V. Palanisamy, A.S. Ponnusamy and T.V. Karivaratharayu, 1987. Quality seed production of cotton. Seeds Farms, 13: 30-33.
-  Wani, S.P. and K.K. Lee, 2002. Biofertilizers for sustaining cereal crop production. In: Kannaiyan, S. (ed.), Biotechnology of biofertilizers, Narosha Publishing House, New Delhi, India.
-  Wu, S.C., Z.H. Cao, Z.G. Li, K.C. Cheung, M.H. Wong, 2005. Effects of biofertilizers containing N-fixer, P and K solubilizers and AM fungi on maize growth : A green house trial. Geoderma, 125: 155-166.
-  Yadav, B.K. and C.A. Lourduraj, 2005. Effect of organic manures and panchagavya spray on growth attributes and yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Indian J. Environ. Ecoplan., 10: 617-623.
Publication order reference