PHYSICOCHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF CHITIN-POLYESTER SYSTEMS IN DEPENDENCE ON THEIR COMPOSITION
Languages of publication
In order to improve the properties of their individual components, the compositions of dibutyrylchitin (DBC) and aliphatic polyesters (PCLG) were prepared and examined. The studied systems are homogeneous in a wide range of composition and molar masses of their components. The homogeneities of the blends made it possible to form smooth and transparent films, which were investigated by mechanical testing. It was found that the chemical structure and molar mass of a polyester component had an effect on mechanical properties of the systems. The films were subjected to hydrolytic degradation in media of various pH values (4.0, 7.4 and 13.0) at 37 °C. Furthermore, it was found that the molar mass and composition of the PCLG component clearly affected the rate of hydrolysis of the studied systems. The effect of hydrophilicity of the DBC/PCLG blends on degradation rate was also investigated. Consequently, by an appropriate choice of the components it is possible to control the profile of hydrolytic degradation of the DBC/PCLG systems.
23 - 30
- Mucha M.; (2010) Chitozan – wszechstronny polimer ze źródeł odnawialnych, WNT, Warszawa .
- Goosen M. F. A. (ed.); (1997) Applications of Chitin and Chitosan, Technomic Publishing AG, Basel.
- Chandy T., Sharma C. P.; (1990) Chitosan--as a biomaterial. Biomater Artif Cells Artif Organs, Vol. 18, pp. 1-24.
- Biniaś D., Boryniec S., Biniaś W., Włochowicz A.; (2006) Alkaline treatment of dibutyrylchitin fibres spun from polymer solution in ethyl alcohol. Fibres & Textiles in Eastern Europe, Vol. 14, No. 3 (57), pp. 12-18.
- Schoukens G., Kiekens P., Krucinska I.; (2009) New bioactive textile dressing materials from dibutyrylchitin. International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology Vol. 21, 2/3, pp. 93-101.
- Sobecki P. P., Pabin-Szafko B.; (2010) New homogeneous blends of dibutyrylchitin and aliphatic polyesters, Progress on Chemistry and Application of Chitin and its Derivatives, Vol. XV, pp. 47-54.
- Sobecki P. P., B. Pabin-Szafko B.; (2010) Physical modification of polyaminosaccharides with lactone polyesters, Zeszyty Naukowe Politechniki Poznańskiej Vol. 12, pp. 305-310.
- Sobecki P. P., Pabin-Szafko B.; (2010) Film-forming biodegradable chitin-polyester compositions, Materiały Polimerowe, T. Spychaj, S. Spychaj, wyd. ZUT w Szczecinie, pp. 611-612.
- Shen X., Ji Y., Yang Q., Zheng X.; (2010) Preparation, characterization and rheological properties of dibutyrylchitin, J. Macromol. Sci. Part B: Physics, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 250-258.
- Szosland L.; (1996) Synthesis of highly substituted butyryl chitin in the presence of perchloric acid, J. Bioactive and Compatible Pol., Vol. 11, pp. 61-71.
- Szosland L., Janowska G.; (1996) Method for preparation of dibutyrylchitin. Polish Patent, PL 169077 B1
Publication order reference