An Investigation on the Advantages and Disadvantages of Chromite and Styrofoam (EPS) Ceilings in Concrete Structures
Languages of publication
The present paper tends to investigate the merits and demerits of chromite and Styrofoam ceilings in concrete structures. Since in lots of buildings and structures chromite and Styrofoam used in ceilings, there are problems with their implementation cause a bunch of advantages and disadvantages. Generally, precast beams or in short joist with blocks including both chromite and concrete, if properly designed, calculate and implemented have less tremble than the in situ concrete ceilings and composite due to the thickness of the ceiling blocks. But this is a general issue and it varies in different circumstances and conditions. For example, the vibration of the composite ceilings will be much less in the cases of underpinning both of the primary and secondary beams during concreting. The tremble of ceilings with old style blocks I mean Concrete masonry unit (concrete zigzag slab) and Composite steel concrete precast beams is also less than others of this kind Because of the underpinning during execution Polymer Styrofoam is white in color, and moisture, heat and sound insulation which is produced in petrochemical plants. This material is available in very small volumetric volumes (1.04 to 1.09 g / cm3) in different gradation of tiny and big can be found in form of granules, sheets, and blocks of various sizes and thicknesses. Cutting it off with cutting machines or by hot wire is easy to do. In this study, the chromite and Styrofoam ceilings are examined and their advantages and disadvantages of them in concrete structures are investigated.
-  Amarababu, B., & Pandu Rangadu, V. (2014). Synthesis and Characterization of Mineral Wollastonite Particulate Filled Vinyl-Ester Resin Composites. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 37, 91-102. doi: 10.18052/www.scipress.com/ILCPA.37.91
-  Bakhtiari, S., Khalili, K., Mohammad Kari, B., & Hedayati, M. J. (2012). Investigation of Physical, Mechanical and Fire Safety Properties for Overlapping Polystyrene Blocks Expanded in the Beam and Block Ceiling System. Journal of the Civil Engineering of Modarres 12 (2), 85-127
-  Figovsky, O., Potapov, Y., & Polikutin, A. (2014). Strength of normal sections of double-ply rubconconcrete flexural structures using as a binder of polybutadiene oligomers. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 40, 88-92. doi: 10.18052/www.scipress.com/ILCPA.40.88
-  Kalat Jari, V. R., & Mansourian, P. (2008). Concrete Ceiling System without Piling and Using Light weighed Concrete. International Journal of Engineering Sciences of Iran University of Science and Technology (Special Issue on Civil Engineering) 19 (8), 1-8
-  Kei Nia, A. M. (2012). Analysis and Design of Armored Concrete Structures. Isfahan: Jahad Daneshgahi Publication. ISBN: 6-08-6122-964-978 pp. 52-56.
-  Kei Nia, A. M. (2006). Analysis and Design of Armored Concrete Structures. Isfahan: Jahad Daneshgahi Publication.
-  Kosnikov, G. A., Figovsky, O. L., & Eldarkhanov, A. S. (2014). Liquid Phase Production Technologies of Metal Matrix Composites (Review). International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy 25, 69-77. doi: 10.18052/www.scipress.com/ILCPA.25.69
-  Myshkin, N. K., Petrokovets, M. I., & Kovalv, A.V. (2005). J Tribol Int. 38, 910-921.
-  Sampathkumaran, P., Kishore, P., Seetharamu, S., Murali, A., & Kumar, R. K. (1999). J Reinforce Plast Compos. 18(1), 55-62.
-  Sotoodeh Bidokhi, A. I. (2014). An Introduction to Application of BIM Building Information Modeling in the Management of Construction Projects, First National Conference on Urban Development, Urban Management and Sustainable Development. Tehran: Iranian Institute of Architecture.
Publication order reference