PL EN


Preferences help
enabled [disable] Abstract
Number of results
- |
Article title

The historic city parks of Opole Silesia

Content
Title variants
Languages of publication
PL
Abstracts
PL
The first public parks in Opole Silesia were established in the 1st half of the 19th c. after the demolition of the city walls and the transformation of these grounds into public green areas. Other public parks were established in the 2nd half of the 19th c. along with the development of the bigger towns in the region, including planning public green areas for inhabitants’ to be able to relax. Parks in Nysa and Prudnik are among those founded in the 19th c., and at the beginning of the 20th c. parks in Brzeg, Kluczbork and Opole were established. Their landscape layouts are characterised by allées, trees and bushes, glades, ponds, and gazebos, pavilions and monuments preserved to a greater or lesser extent. In this paper selected monumental public parks in Opole Silesia are presented with an analysis of their state, historic values, contemporary functions, and the revitalization carried out.
Publisher
Year
-
Physical description
Dates
online
2015-04-21
Contributors
References
Document Type
Publication order reference
Identifiers
YADDA identifier
bwmeta1.element.ojs-nameId-6e3e8ea9-5a94-37a7-828b-e6cd5da23db6-year-2015-article-1737
JavaScript is turned off in your web browser. Turn it on to take full advantage of this site, then refresh the page.